Foxes Preban

I still have a lurcher and a few terriers that I can get plenty of work for but the days of lamping all night and sleeping all day are long gone now, but I can honestly I loved every minute of it.

• Like 5

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres my single handed fox dog only way to run a dog single handed dont get me wrong you dont get as much single but you atleast you no what you have in your pen

At one time I was obsessed with catching foxes, mainly on the lamp with dogs run from a vehicle, I lived for it and over the years I got to see some top class dogs work, catching them was always the e

The big man after a hard days work lol

Posted Images

As a youngster I spent my days on the hill with 2/3 lurchers hunting them in the day never lamped till aftee the ban so never new it but I was no easy task catching them on these welsh hills it sure kept us fit but seen some quality runs and catchs I always classed a lurcher that can cast hunt course catch and kill a fox on the hill as a quality dog its not easy !!

• Like 6

I still have a lurcher and a few terriers that I can get plenty of work for but the days of lamping all night and sleeping all day are long gone now, but I can honestly I loved every minute of it.

soon as you got a life partner he stopped you going out all night

oh dear not the doubled up dogs on the wreking crew vid again :boredom:,i see it long time ago and like it or not them lads is out put the numbers away :yes:

There is nothing wrong with paired up dogs if you get the right combination ,what I mean is a good catch dog and a game dog that is not as fast ,to me that makes a good pair .if you get 2 dogs that are evenly matched in speed there is a good chance of accidents happening ,we have been out 1 night lamping with a dog that had a few seasons under its belt so we ran it with another dog and they where evenly matched in speed .the bales where out and the foxe called and as the dogs where running the other dog cut it off at the bale and the other dog ran straight into it and broke its neck .what I am saying is it is really hard to get a good pair .I have been out with lads who say they have got good pairs and they did not look like they could catch a cold and that is why I like to see good pairs running ,as when you get the right combination your catching big number of foxes .you cannot say the same for single handed dogs .I have been out bushing with lads that say there dogs are single handed day and night and in the day time some of the dogs have been outstanding ,been out with the same dogs at night lamping and watched foxes take the piss out of them .what I am saying is a dog that is being worked in the day or night would not catch double figures and pairs would , and if you did have a single handed dog that could run catch kill how many would it catch before it ended up in kennel hospital lol :thumbs: I have had a okay dogs but then again who has got a super dog pre ban

• Like 6

oh dear not the doubled up dogs on the wreking crew vid again :boredom:,i see it long time ago and like it or not them lads is out put the numbers away :yes:

There is nothing wrong with paired up dogs if you get the right combination ,what I mean is a good catch dog and a game dog that is not as fast ,to me that makes a good pair .if you get 2 dogs that are evenly matched in speed there is a good chance of accidents happening ,we have been out 1 night lamping with a dog that had a few seasons under its belt so we ran it with another dog and they where evenly matched in speed .the bales where out and the foxe called and as the dogs where running the other dog cut it off at the bale and the other dog ran straight into it and broke its neck .what I am saying is it is really hard to get a good pair .I have been out with lads who say they have got good pairs and they did not look like they could catch a cold and that is why I like to see good pairs running ,as when you get the right combination your catching big number of foxes .you cannot say the same for single handed dogs .I have been out bushing with lads that say there dogs are single handed day and night and in the day time some of the dogs have been outstanding ,been out with the same dogs at night lamping and watched foxes take the piss out of them .what I am saying is a dog that is being worked in the day or night would not catch double figures and pairs would , and if you did have a single handed dog that could run catch kill how many would it catch before it ended up in kennel hospital lol :thumbs: I have had a okay dogs but then again who has got a super dog pre ban

Much rather a fast tough lurcher(i refuse to call a foxing lurcher game)doing it on its own,not arsed about numbers more into sport each to their own

• Like 5

A good dog that was capable of catching and dispatching on its own is far better to watch than any pair IMO.

• Like 7

A good dog that was capable of catching and dispatching on its own is far better to watch than any pair IMO.

bull shit :whistling:

Macky, on 01 Aug 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

lucky, on 01 Aug 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Macky, on 01 Aug 2014 - 9:27 PM, said:

Rob67, on 28 Jul 2014 - 5:27 PM, said:

bull shit :whistling:

Really ? ok average dogs doubled up.Crack on :whistling: