More Feet

IMG_6346_zps688bdf54.jpg

have a close look at this lads front feet,what ye reckon.could this be a problem in the season coming?ive been thinking the dog is going to have trouble running full on with very flat feet,hes walked every day and i gave him calcium at one point to try rectify the problem but to no avail.

IMG_6671_zps53a54658.jpg

cfc68e8b-344a-4826-9fc0-3d12e02df8a5_zps

b03e268d-06fe-4d6d-aa50-b5fd4333854b_zps

im hoping he can run well as im very happy with his attitude and hes a grand little dog to keep.it'd be a shame if he couldnt make the speed for the job.anyone ever had a flat footed dog over the years?his diet is mostly fleash,beef/chicken and liver every now and then,plenty of pasta.all the other dogs are fine except this lad,

Edited by jigsaw

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should be a good swimmer

In my opinion,...roadwork will not improve that type of foot structure..it is,.what it is....

you want it for working not showing, youve brought it this far just let it get on with it , looks dont put scores on the doors.

it was run last jan for the 1st time ever and it was 12 months old,i held it back big time as i saw the feet were not right at 7 months old.cant make out why hes gone like this.I will do a few photos of the deerhound in another few days,the photos I took are pure shit,thought i had a few good ones.lol

I have a bitch here, 5 years old and feet like a sea lion and they have NEVER bothered her. She is a fast bitch and has caught plenty in her time, mother was a half cross bull grey, sire 5/8 3/8 bull grey and both had decent feet. When I got her at 14 weeks she was a thin mess, I only kept her out of pity. She only made 23" and is more like a grey x whippet but has speed and plenty guts.

Only thing I won't do with her is breed with her, there is enough rubbish out there without potentially adding to it.

Time will tell you tho after a good season, good luck.

Plenty of roadwalking bring his toes back up

i road walk him all the time.i had him out for 2 hrs yesterday.hes walking at least 1 hour every day if not more.its not an exercise issue.

I have a bitch here, 5 years old and feet like a sea lion and they have NEVER bothered her. She is a fast bitch and has caught plenty in her time, mother was a half cross bull grey, sire 5/8 3/8 bull grey and both had decent feet. When I got her at 14 weeks she was a thin mess, I only kept her out of pity. She only made 23" and is more like a grey x whippet but has speed and plenty guts.

Only thing I won't do with her is breed with her, there is enough rubbish out there without potentially adding to it.

Time will tell you tho after a good season, good luck.

this dog was reared well,he never wanted for anything.the breeder did a great job of them as pups.its just the way he came,as it was said time will tell I suppose.I cringe though every time I look at them.

Plenty of roadwalking bring his toes back up

Old wife's tale...

Personally I think it will have problems,,,don't forget to keep on top of its nails,,,cos they will grow very long on feet like that,,his pasterns do slope a bit,,, and turn out a bit,,,,so like brizy said there might be some weakness there,,,

Only way you will know is by working it and see what happens

• Like 2