Pup Jumping Height

My pup is 10 month old, 25 tts.. Past couple months ive started to get her jumping, how high you reckon pup of 10 month should be jumping, is it something you would work on early as possible( within reason ) or leave it untill older and fully grown?

Heres a short vid of latest jumping, reckon i should leave it as is for now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoHKrwqp_xg

• Like 1

I think that's a big jump for a growing pup and landing on hard ground aswell. But each to their own.

I only had my pup jumping knee height at that age. Started upping it to sheep mesh at 11 months and she's done dry stone walls this week at 12 months. She hasn't jumped gates yet but I've no doubt that she will when I ask her to at 14-15 months.

Jumping is where people's opinions differ, I start earlyish albeit just a small bit wood across the door to where their meal is, that's it get the seed planted then gradually build it up, then I'll use a sheep fence with an old bit carpet over it, I find they are more confident jumping something of solid stature, I'll get them jumping the same fence, once or twice a time and return to the same fence to continue training then as the confidence grows, do away with the carpet and eventually any fence then it's second nature to them,

As said everyone's different, maybe I don't need to do it that way, but I do and it's worked so far.

I'm a very cautious twat, certainly wouldn't be asking any of my pups to jump five bar gates at 10 months of age, especially onto roads/concrete. What's the rush, it's still a youngster? And I realise that a smaller lighter framed dog will mature a little quicker physically than a bigger type, but they're still pups.

As I've said in a previous post, I've been critisized for 'wrapping my dogs in cotton wool', I couldn't give a f**k, none of my dogs have been injured through stupidity or lack of patience, ever

• Like 4