Stopping Dogs Attacking Yours

Finger up the bum.. Your mate is winding you up lol. Even if it did work, your gonna have to pull your finger oot it's jacksy at some point then your in the firing line.. Sorry if a proper pit wants to attack your dog about the only thing that would stop it us a blast from a powder fire extinguisher before it bites to put it off.. Once it bites the spray won't work.. Been around pit dogs a lot since the 80s when I was a kid till now. They can be great dogs in the right hands but some are absolute liability's no matter what you do with them.. Kicking their balls don't work it makes them bite harder, quickest way to get them off is keep hitting them where the head joins to the neck with a solid stick.. Don't use a break stick by yourself,. You'll end up with the stick and your hand in its mouth then your screwed. End of the day untrained or viscious dogs should be kept on a leash and have some control over them.. But they don't cause most people haven't a clue.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the f**king hell's that in ye pocket, Phil?! Or are ye Really pleased with that pup?!

No most dogs will let go as soon as their feet come off the ground. If you hold on the dog can't get round to bite you anyway. Had to do it a few times with the staff when I've had trouble with other

Had a couple of incidents, most recent was a small terrier bursting it's extendable lead to get at my leaded up dogs, it locked onto my terrier and they were having a tear up, the old boy who's dog it is, is on a crutch as he has some sort of cancer and when she run she pulled him off his feet so it was kinda difficult to separate them holding onto two lurchers and a terrier but it then let go and tried to grab the lurcher, she ended up just shaking it around like an empty tracksuit and I shouted at her to let go, which she did and t skulked off back to owner, I was out by myself the other week and lo and behold it comes round the corner and flys at me, grazing the back of my leg and tearing my trousers, to say I wasn't amused would be an understatement and I voiced my concerns to the owner saying if it does it again I'll snap it's neck, his reply was she's only done that coz my dog shook his about... :laugh:

And it turns out it's bit 4 other people, and the person I was speaking to was relieved as he thought the wee c**t had a vendetta as they were from the same family!!!

Carry a heavy walking stick can't get done with it unless your going to use it as a weapon, don't think hitting a dog for mauling your dog with it counts.

considering I just kicked this one and will probably end up in court,I can't see anyone getting away with hitting one with a stick.

Get it all the time local down rail line divvies with staffs mainly, no recall and they just get aggressive when mine go bounding over like dogs do, had couple latch on, thing is they can only latch onto one dog and I tske minimum of four out, who used too workin as a pack lol its got too point my saluki hates staffs on site, they tend too run em ragged nowdays then pick em off, usually humiliating for staff owner cos dog ends up gassed out lol or miles out of sight whereas mine come back lol

nowt worse than out of control dogs 3specially when they own one lol straining like feck on lead, mad innit

Was walking home the other night with my pat off lead. Shes a steady dog, not shy and not boisterous. It was dark and my dog was mooching round the hedges, all of a sudden I hear big dogs barking and my bitch howling. She got coursed straight past me by 2 malinois and being dark, it was hard to see 3 black dogs going round in circles. I picked my dog up and as I bent down to do so, I realised Ive got the two big dogs barking in my face, first instinct was to f***ing lump it in the jaw, but fearing for my dog, picked her up instead. Then some young trampy guy comes out the bushes all apologetic, "Sorry mate..." I said you f***ing will be if I get home and shes cut. I mentioned this to someone the next day and the first thing they said was, his dogs have attacked most of the dogs round here. Followed by, " he lives round there, flat 7"... Sweet. Always nice to have an upper hand. Why do helmets with big uncontrollable dogs feel its ok to let them run off lead?

Admit nothing Neems.

• Like 1

I doubt you'll get done for it. You were protecting your dog, was your dog on leash when it happened ?.

no,he'd just been running about the field and was knackered walking to heel off lead.

I think it will go further.

Too late to play dumb,I told it exactly as it happened.

I've got a very nasty dog myself,he only gets walked late night or early morning where no-one else walks,obviously he stays on lead too.

it makes me wonder should I take him out whenever i take the lurcher,which is fkin ridiculous.

My dogs are fine with others but I won't walk them in the usual dog walker type places because of the people you bump into and I've never had anything bad happen to any of mine from fighting. If it was to kick off I've usually got my toe caps on ;)

My dog was aggressive so I used to keep her on a lead when others were about and if I had a quid for every time I heard "he's ok, he just wants to play" from a fucktard as their dog came bounding up to mine I would be minted lol

Getting back on track I think I would just have to put a boot through it if it kicked off.

GaZ