England's Worst Ever Player..............?

Preparations are almost finalised................ the squad has been selected, the round of friendly matches is almost complete and the fans are packing their suitcases, ready to fly off to Rio.

Memories flood back of those who have worn the Three Lions with pride and distinction - Banks, Butcher, Shilton, Moore, Lineker, Charlton, Pearce, Hurst , Gascoigne, maybe Beckham, the list goes on.

But who do you think is the one player least deserving of being chosen to wear the hallowed shirt ?

If you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel, can you pick England's worst team ever ? - the 11 individuals who should just hang their heads in shame.....................

Over - rated, under - talented, flash in the pan, out of their depth or just 'over - hyped'............................. ? Name and shame 'em !

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carlton Palmer....

While we are at it, what about players who you consider should have been regulars but were overlooked in favour of the same old faces?   One that springs to mind for me would be Kevin Phillips, one

Keith Curle.......? David Batty......? Steve Hodge.......? , the list goes on (and on and on) but,for me, all others pale into insignificance compared to Carlton Palmer - truly fecking useless ! Turne

Andy Carrol got a couple of games for England simply because two "managers" paid insane fees for him; (Daglish £35 million and Allardice £17 million). He wasn't fit enough or good enough at the time and got his game because of all the attention his transfer fees got. He may come good, but he will never be a regular England striker.

• Like 1

Andy Carroll is a gift for England, the typical "go to" player when we run out of ideas after 50 minutes and start hoofing it !! Lol

In all fairness, Carroll will never get to develope as a forward playing under managers like Allerdyce in a west ham team that plays "football" the way we do........if I was serious about my football, I would be off to some Serie B team in Italy to try and develope as a striker

Edited by WILF

While we are at it, what about players who you consider should have been regulars but were overlooked in favour of the same old faces?

One that springs to mind for me would be Kevin Phillips, one of the most natural centre forwards I have seen IMHO

• Like 3

While we are at it, what about players who you consider should have been regulars but were overlooked in favour of the same old faces?

One that springs to mind for me would be Kevin Phillips, one of the most natural centre forwards I have seen IMHO

Andy caroll, hes young ad full of injuries

He shouldve stayed at Newcastle

Kevin Phillips, ian Wright scot Parker, all shouldve had more caps.

Trevor Francis !

John Fashanu for me.................i couldnt believe it when he pulled an England shirt on :icon_eek: ................James Beattie was another one.......

Matt Jarvis as well.....had a good season in a Wolves relegation side ............so Sam Allardyce go,s and pays 10 mill for him :whistling:

Phil Neville is another that springs to mind i,ll never forgive that f****n clown for Euro 2000 !!

Edited by gnasher16

In all fairness, Carroll will never get to develope as a forward playing under managers like Allerdyce in a west ham team that plays "football" the way we do........if I was serious about my football, I would be off to some Serie B team in Italy to try and develope as a striker

We got steady Teddy on the plot now Wilf :boogy: .......i think the theory there is he,s probably the only person Carrol could beat in a running race !!!

I like Carrol id like to of seen him included in the England squad he gives a great alternative if/when the chips are down.

Keith Curle.......? David Batty......? Steve Hodge.......? , the list goes on (and on and on) but,for me, all others pale into insignificance compared to Carlton Palmer - truly fecking useless ! Turned as quickly as a super - tanker, a blind man could have read the game better, and the shooting ability of an Italian infantryman !

Most overlokked player ? Ian Wright without a doubt !

What about worst manager ? HAS to be Steve McLaren, no ?

• Like 2