Good Hunting Air Rifle

Been out of air guns for a few years. Last one I had was a rapid 7 in 2.2. What do you hunting people reckon is the best calibre for hunting. Also what do you consider a good hunting gun that is not to heavy, probably pre charged. Might get myself another but just doing a bit of research before I decide.

S410 does it for me, I have the classic but I think if I were buying another I'd get the carbide it does get a bit heavy after a couple hours walking around with it, its a .177 wich in my opinion is better thn a .22 for the hunting I do, easier to feed pellets through branches etc, there will be opinions that .22 is better but there are pro's and cons for both and in the right hands either is a good as eachother

Edited by bugg
  • Like 1

what about the s510 , same as the 410 but has the side lever and shrouded barrel ,I have one very nice to shoot very accurate not pellet fussy and is quiet put a moderator on and is nearly silent , one down side is unlike the hw100 it's possible to double load .

Thanks for the input, was looking at a S200 S410 or similar, possibly in 177. I like light guns, tried a hw100 of a mates, good gun very accurate but just a little heavy I thought?

You won't go wrong with that choice and you should pick one up at a handy price.

try the utra or scorpion se of the s200 dont think the rapid can be beat tbh but would get the old mk1 as think there the lightest out of them the mk11 is a heavy lump aswell as the s type mfr not to bad but mk1 excellent gun

• Like 1

Try the Skot special the famous SMK100 he swears by them and there supposed to have auto aim :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: PS Skot your not going to live this down bud i don't think this will ever go away

• Like 1

Been out of air guns for a few years. Last one I had was a rapid 7 in 2.2. What do you hunting people reckon is the best calibre for hunting. Also what do you consider a good hunting gun that is not to heavy, probably pre charged. Might get myself another but just doing a bit of research before I decide.

I personally prefer the .22 for knock-down-power. Any Daystate, BSA, Weihrauch, or brocock are good hunting rifles. I have a Daystate Air ranger and BSA Scorpion SE both .22 and i think there brilliant, both blisteringly accurate. BSA Scorpion SE or BSA Ultra SE are good, lightweight, hunting rifles. Try them out and see what you think...

Went to a few gun shops and have decided what I am buying, getting a hw100k thumbhole in 177, not bought one yet, going to research scopes now, wanting something around 50mm for dusk and dawn shooting.

Have a look at Hawke Panorama 10x mill dot , a very good scope

As I often Say

Check out your Local Air Gun Club and see what others are using & Why

Get many rush out on reviews often to be seen on the club for Sale Table one they have tried other Guns

BOB/R