Breeding My Old Dog

Need some advice if anyone can help, I have a bull cross he is about 8 years old my best dog that I have owned , he is a big strong dog still but I'm having troubling breeding him. I would like to get a last litter out of him, the last time he was breed was when he was 5 years old iv recently tried mating him with a friends bitch he will mount the bitch and hump it but can't get it in, it seems to be to soft I have tryed helping him ( using latex gloves) lol but have had no look and never done a artificial insemination before and not the type of dog I could take to vets too. So any advice would help cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate i can artificially do them ive done british bulldogs, pugs etc u name it. Ive done about 30 bitches n only missed 1. What u need to do is get blood samples from the bitch put them into idex (ovul

times not on my side, or shud i say snipes side,,, he cud dry up any time,,, the bitch his not proven,,, hits that bitch ive bin takeing out,,dolly,,,,, she his out of gumbo,,,the parents to that was

[BANNED TEXT] lads my friends bred his bitch up to another dog said he didn't want to waste a season waiting around for my dog the nob but the bitch was 100 % right she had been bred once before and

snipes 13 and a half,,,, so im talking old, so ive ad to go with science,,,,,,in my case i had him sperm checked, all was good but the bad side it dies very quick,, ///////10 days a go ,, i had a bitch blood tested for 3 days,, 36 pound a time,,, she was droping her eggs on the 15,th day,,,then ,,snipe was artifitled on the 16,th day allowing the shell round the egg to go soft,,an old dogs sperm will die fast,, trying to get into a hard shell round the egg,, then he was artifitled again 36 hour later,,,,,,,,,,,,, iff i was you dont go on all this 11/12 day stuff, this bitch was standing at 11 days so you can not allways go on that,,,,, no bitch his the same,,,,get her blood tested,,, and get some one who knows what there doing,,,, and get them to artitled the dogs sperm in,, it saves all this sh#t with dogs climbing on the bitch and all the pissing about,, shooting his best load up her leg,,lol,,,,,,, and after that,,,, you can only hope it takes,,,,, hits a bit costly , all in all its cost me 210 pound,,, so far,,,,,probley not in your case but deffo in mine a real young bitch,,was needed to help hit make hit go my way,,,,,,,,but still not guarenteed

Edited by tjones3862
snipes 13 and a half,,,, so im talking old, so ive ad to go with science,,,,,,in my case i had him sperm checked, all was good but the bad side it dies very quick,, ///////10 days a go ,, i had a bitch blood tested for 3 days,, 36 pound a time,,, she was droping her eggs on the 15,th day,,,then ,,snipe was artifitled on the 16,th day allowing the shell round the egg to go soft,,an old dogs sperm will die fast,, trying to get into a hard shell round the egg,, then he was artifitled again 36 hour later,,,,,,,,,,,,, iff i was you dont go on all this 11/12 day stuff, this bitch was standing at 11 days so you can not allways go on that,,,,, no bitch his the same,,,,get her blood tested,,, and get some one who knows what there doing,,,, and get them to artitled the dogs sperm in,, it saves all this sh#t with dogs climbing on the bitch and all the pissing about,, shooting his best load up her leg,,lol,,,,,,, and after that,,,, you can only hope it takes,,,,, hits a bit costly , all in all its cost me 210 pound,,, so far,,,,,probley not in your case but deffo in mine a real young bitch,,was needed to help hit make hit go my way,,,,,,,,but still not guarenteed[/quote Must of been a good dog jonesy in his day to go to that extreme to get pup of the old lad atb jimmy

Mate i can artificially do them ive done british bulldogs, pugs etc u name it. Ive done about 30 bitches n only missed 1. What u need to do is get blood samples from the bitch put them into idex (ovulation test)! And that will tell u [BANNED TEXT] the best day to do her. If you need a hand, make the trip upto the north east wi ya dog n bitch n i will do them for ya

• Like 5

JIMMY 1982,,,i think any 1 who has add a good dog,,,, wud like to try and keep there blood line the best they can, snipes seems to be chucking good pups,, the last thing i want to do his look in the countrymans weekly etc etc,,, and go to some strangers house telling me what i want to ear,,,, things was not planned to turn out this way,,,,what with losing ern,,, hit feels like im doing a massive circle, and starting from scratch, or shud i say trying,,, and i would not wish that on any dog man,, it feels like my life has bin turned up side down,,,,,,

Edited by tjones3862

Sounds like you have done everything you can Jim in getting a pup and keeping snipes line going, fair play to you at times cash does not come into it in trying to get the pup you want..atb

CHEERS lads, im not going to get me hopes up to much,,, hits a bit like a couple when they are desprate for a kid,, when you try it dont apen,.. your right jack money dose not come into hit im not 1 for drink or smokeing,,, im not botherd iff this game costs me 1ooo,s infact it as on fines alone :cray: but there 1 thing i wud not spend money on and thats a ready made dog,,,no matter how good hit his,,,,

Edited by tjones3862

And 1 other thing, lads who have frozen dog sperm,,,,, hit, gets treated the same has old sperm, hit die,s very quick,,,,,,, so dont just pop it in a bitch when you think hits ready,, you will be very very looky iff hit takes,,

Edited by tjones3862

Money can't make a good dog jim as you know bud it can buy decent breeding the man makes the dog bud I've seen a few well bred pups ruined by fools what ever you get mate you'll make a good Un it's all about what you put in ,money to get what you want ,time and effort to make the dog and there's no doubt you give 100 percent the game were in there's no better atb mark

cheers mark,,im not after another ern,,,, to be honest me body cud not take all that graft again,,,,some thing half right will do,,, iff the bitch takes and iff not im not rushing into any think just to get a pup,,,getting towards 50 this mite be my big bash at the game, i dont do things by half, hits all or fa#k all for me in this game so fingers x,,,