An Unexpected Visit. . .

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a really nice surprise visit today!   I'd just got back from doing some work on the shoot, and a pick up I didn't recognise pulled up at my gate. . . .   Out stepped a man (whose name i'll

I enjoyed that Naz , would love to see that little pack doing what they were bred for , smashing looking dogs .

Beagle/Russell x Spaniel/Terrier.

Enjoyed reading that. Cracking pics of the dogs.

I've just put my name on a beagle/terrier/spaniel for a bit of bushing. Can't wait to get it. Been after something like this for a while.

Will be after something like this in the future ...what have you chosen?

Enjoyed reading that. Cracking pics of the dogs.

I've just put my name on a beagle/terrier/spaniel for a bit of bushing. Can't wait to get it. Been after something like this for a while.

Will be after something like this in the future ...what have you chosen?

Beagle/Russell x Spaniel/Terrier.

• Like 2

I've emptied my inbox now!

I do love these types, getting the wee bitch a couple of years a go has really changed my hunting and now every walk has great music and some really great hunts have been had.

Hope your pup does you well Gaz. :thumbs:

Won't let me pm you...was going say second pic down can see the lads number plate and a pic the motor mate ...

DandN - In terms of range, my bitch is happy to go when she needs to, and will hunt way off, as a hound should, but in day to day bushing, she can also be made to work close, and is generally very biddable, mind you, when on something, you have no chance, and I think the mans hounds are similar.

Mine speaks well, she will track an older scent, but won't speak on it, which is handy, when she starts speaking, you know its hot scent, and when she screams you know she can see what she is after.

Tyla - Aye, and just imagine the fun you would have with half a dozen ollies :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bullx - i'll try to sort it now. :thumbs:

She's my all round, general purpose dog mate. She rides on the quad around the shoot, check traps, does ratting, dogs in with me, i've shot pigeon, pheasant and partridge over / with her. She used to retrieve well but has stopped for some reason.

Although towards the end of last season, she took a sudden dislike to shooting, and has decided she doesn't like guns . . . . .

If I had to deal with half a dozen Ollie's I think I would have some kind of break down! :blink:

I was thinking half a dozen Gwens, the lurchers / whippets in hand, and just the one Ollie. Have a mooch round your estate, there'd be no escaping into the maize with that lot behind you!