You Learn Something New Every Day.....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny that,,,it was always my belief that they use the same seat regular,,I have put hares out of the exact same seat many times....and always assumed it was the same hare,,,as the useless dogs I owne

Hares. Fascinating little beauties ain't they?   If anyone has seen my books then they'll realise I spend ALOT of time watching them and, I am very lucky to have witnessed some amazing behaviour, st

We call them jump seats round here,,,,,,,when they jump,,,,,you slip your pilot dog..........

Posted Images

the amount of Buck Hares my dogs killed over the years, from 1958 to the ban, usually around 6to 7lb weight, maybe the Scottish Hare is more gallant, like Brave heart,lol, it seems to some lads, that coursing only started when the Saluki blood come into the country, in the early 70s

• Like 2

my experience, the Hares use the same seats, for genarations, of time, and again, 9 times out of 10, the Buck Hare Rises first, when there clapped close to each other, stretches the ole back leg, lays the Ears flat on his back, ((( and says catch me if you can! now to put the cat amongst the pidgeons, the so called experts of the coursing world, say the Fen Hare is the strongest, (((( my opinion, when coursing was legal, the Hare, around the area, were the Scottish national coursing club held its meetings, supported a very good Hare, the average field, is only about 20to 30 acres in size, short grass, excellent running for the Hare, and the dog,

give him fair-law, and you had to have a decent annimal to catch, but when the Lampers arived, 2 dogs, and there was slaughter, I have the greatest respect for that wee brown fella, he was a match, for most dogs, and a so called top dog was straight lined, not able to put a bend into the hare, once they hit the fence or the hedge, very few dogs caught, Again those Hares, were kept strong, by exchanging, Hares from Altcar, Earl seftons, ground, and vice aversa, now those Hares have almost disappeared, shot, lamped, modern day farming machinery, crop sprays, birds of prey, killing the leverets, have all done there toll,

and why do you think, in nine times out of ten, that the buck hares rises first?....

????????

you would often put up the buck first, I suppose to take danger away from his doe

this is what you wrote......to take danger away from his doe..

thats the one

Brilliant...... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: that'll do me.

I'm saying most of the time when I put a hare early breading season when the dog returned with the hare 9 times out of 10 it was a buck.

I really didn't won't to right this but fill I have no choice, maybe the doe is heavenly pregnant within days of giving birth and the buck is waiting for his chance to shag her the doe well you would probable have to step on her to flight in that condition and I dont mean she don't wont to damage her young she she will miscarriage if she is push to had or constantly hassled

I gave you my answer,I could leave my house and within 5 minutes my dog could have a course, not always a catch, some days better than others, it was very disappionting when you returned empty handed, and other times I was smilling from ear to ear,

the best day one of my dogs had was 7/7 on just over the hour, and not a drop of saluki blood in that particular dog, he was the only dog I have witnessed to do 7/7 on that land and carry each trophy back to my hand, that was back in the early 70s,today I keep two saluki x and they could not do that feat,

• Like 1

I'm saying most of the time when I put a hare early breading season when the dog returned with the hare 9 times out of 10 it was a buck.

I really didn't won't to right this but fill I have no choice, maybe the doe is heavenly pregnant within days of giving birth and the buck is waiting for his chance to shag her the doe well you would probable have to step on her to flight in that condition and I dont mean she don't wont to damage her young she she will miscarriage if she is push to had or constantly hassled

But earlier you wrote that the buck was leading the dog away from the doe.....which one is it????you've got to stick to one story...

I gave you my answer,I could leave my house and within 5 minutes my dog could have a course, not always a catch, some days better than others, it was very disappionting when you returned empty handed, and other times I was smilling from ear to ear,

the best day one of my dogs had was 7/7 on just over the hour, and not a drop of saluki blood in that particular dog, he was the only dog I have witnessed to do 7/7 on that land and carry each trophy back to my hand, that was back in the early 70s,today I keep two saluki x and they could not do that feat,

Where did you answer me?

I asked why do you think, 9 times out of 10, that the buck jumped first? you have not answered.

Well if your dog done 7/7 in what was it just under an hour then them hares was very very shit or very very ill

Use should enter him in the forley as o don't ever recall a dog doing 7/7 in an hour your be a millionaire with all those stud fees

7/7 in an hour you on LSD or Mexican mush.

ive have seen many atime a hare jump and leave another one sat tight ..but how do we know its a buck or doe thats jumped..?how do we know that the one thats jumped has just lost its bottle before the other one .is it really trying to be a hero or heroin .or does the hare thats jumped think its fit enough to take on its adversary ..many questions and not many facts ..but kind of romantic..thinking old mr hartley is saving mrs hartley.lool

• Like 1