Trout Fishing?

foul hooked deer me lol yerl hAVE THE the devoute sea trout squad on yer back lol dunno whats its like down where you are but snatching (foul hooking ) is tabboo up here in the north east,if yer value yer fishing and its summit yer like doing dont foul hook fish as yer can get a ban for up to 5 years no license no fishing the rivers or still waters, though yerl probly see the E/A more on flowing waters i got nailed in 1987 for snatching (foul hooking fish) got me license back around 2007-8 or summit i kept getting caught for salmon and getting massive fines started in 1980 when i was kid in the thatcher years when money was a bit tighter then progressed in to a full time salmon poacher up untill the day i got me license back then stopped and started doing what i like doing best fishing with bait on the hook,i understand how yer felt when yer got yer trout but its better to catch legally more satisfaction in the long run honestly heres me very last fine for fishing whilst banned like a say i was banned since 1987 for around 20 years or so when yer banned they cant do yer for fishing whilst banned only fishing with a unlisenced instrument ie: fishing rod,they tried the very last time this one yer reading about to actually ban me for ten years the E/A head fisheries inspector kevin summerson stood up and reluctantly said yer cant legally do that,i made me mind up that day never to do this again esp after i got what i call the call,that was to stop hammering the salmon and sea trout in the north east and west of the country,rivers from yorkshire esk to the tweed on the eastern side of the country and from the lune to the border esk on the west side,bare in mind its only about 60 miles from one side of the country to the other newcastle to carlisle,yeah woke up one day went to go get a few sea trout from the river wear at durham easy spot to catch everytime with out fail got there took a few fish went home early went to me mates house in durham seen all the monks and preists at ushaw collage where the tran for preist hood or what every yer call it and just though IF they is a god he is gunna hate me for this so i stopped,actually stopped courseing the whole lot till this year went out with the dogs again still fished but legaly heres me last conviction the reason i was banned was for delibrately foul hooking sea trout and salmon over a 20 0dd year period constantly as well as other offences related to the salmon and freshwater fisheries act 1975 here yer go http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local-news/fish-ban-man-fined-3776370

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 7 Caught a fish Like to tell you i released it but i didnt,Didnt weigh it either,Just grilled it with some herb butter

During the warmer months one ruse we used on deep pools was to tie a dead animal in a tree overhanging the pool, as it got maggot ridden the maggots would drop into the pool and ground bait it for you

HI there when I trotting worms I use a bit of blue tack about 18 inch above the hook u save a few bob on lead and if u get snagged it just comes of

Posted Images

foul hooked deer me lol yerl hAVE THE the devoute sea trout squad on yer back lol dunno whats its like down where you are but snatching (foul hooking ) is tabboo up here in the north east,if yer value yer fishing and its summit yer like doing dont foul hook fish as yer can get a ban for up to 5 years no license no fishing the rivers or still waters, though yerl probly see the E/A more on flowing waters i got nailed in 1987 for snatching (foul hooking fish) got me license back around 2007-8 or summit i kept getting caught for salmon and getting massive fines started in 1980 when i was kid in the thatcher years when money was a bit tighter then progressed in to a full time salmon poacher up untill the day i got me license back then stopped and started doing what i like doing best fishing with bait on the hook,i understand how yer felt when yer got yer trout but its better to catch legally more satisfaction in the long run honestly heres me very last fine for fishing whilst banned like a say i was banned since 1987 for around 20 years or so when yer banned they cant do yer for fishing whilst banned only fishing with a unlisenced instrument ie: fishing rod,they tried the very last time this one yer reading about to actually ban me for ten years the E/A head fisheries inspector kevin summerson stood up and reluctantly said yer cant legally do that,i made me mind up that day never to do this again esp after i got what i call the call,that was to stop hammering the salmon and sea trout in the north east and west of the country,rivers from yorkshire esk to the tweed on the eastern side of the country and from the lune to the border esk on the west side,bare in mind its only about 60 miles from one side of the country to the other newcastle to carlisle,yeah woke up one day went to go get a few sea trout from the river wear at durham easy spot to catch everytime with out fail got there took a few fish went home early went to me mates house in durham seen all the monks and preists at ushaw collage where the tran for preist hood or what every yer call it and just though IF they is a god he is gunna hate me for this so i stopped,actually stopped courseing the whole lot till this year went out with the dogs again still fished but legaly heres me last conviction the reason i was banned was for delibrately foul hooking sea trout and salmon over a 20 0dd year period constantly as well as other offences related to the salmon and freshwater fisheries act 1975 here yer go http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local-news/fish-ban-man-fined-3776370

Nice one, you say about snatching. But it's alright to night fish stocked waters :laugh: .

I'm pleased you got one Weasle.

Mepps spinners are deadly for trout, no matter where used

For the water you fish some mepps will work better than others, it really is a matter of trial and error to find the best one to suit water conditions where you fish. There are some basic guidelines but that is all they are, guidelines and not guaranteed to work everywhere. The clearer the water the duller the spinner, black works well in gin clear water The more coloured the water the brighter the spinner silver, moving to copper as the water clears.

TC

• Like 4

Went worming for wild brownies a couple of days ago with a mate who came up from Devon. We fished all the snaggy swims where no one else fishes, in two hours I had only two missed bites but my mate had two beautiful brownies each about 2 lb. He had to use a single swan shot to keep the worm trickling along the bottom to get a take, as soon as the bait was motionless there were no takes. Best times we find are between 8 and 10am before the sun is too high. We only take our limit and return any real big ones and never take any less than 10 inches. Hardly fished round here as it is difficult with all the overhanging trees and waist high nettles but that's the beauty of it (no wooden platforms here).

On the way back we pulled up the two crayfish traps and had twelve to take home. These were purged and boiled as we cooked the trout whole wrapped in foil with lots of fresh lemon, sea salt and black pepper. So trout followed by crayfish, lovely.

Chris

• Like 3

Went worming for wild brownies a couple of days ago with a mate who came up from Devon. We fished all the snaggy swims where no one else fishes, in two hours I had only two missed bites but my mate had two beautiful brownies each about 2 lb. He had to use a single swan shot to keep the worm trickling along the bottom to get a take, as soon as the bait was motionless there were no takes. Best times we find are between 8 and 10am before the sun is too high. We only take our limit and return any real big ones and never take any less than 10 inches. Hardly fished round here as it is difficult with all the overhanging trees and waist high nettles but that's the beauty of it (no wooden platforms here).

On the way back we pulled up the two crayfish traps and had twelve to take home. These were purged and boiled as we cooked the trout whole wrapped in foil with lots of fresh lemon, sea salt and black pepper. So trout followed by crayfish, lovely.

Chris

sounds good, I had a nice smalt Sunday with this method. Drop it into the stickle and let it float down through the pool

I've had a fair bit of luck over the years with a bit of cheese moulded around the hook when the usual methods seem to fail. :thumbs:

would you be able to advise me between cheddar and red Leicester please

I've had them on allsorts but my personal fave is dairylea, bog standard chedder cheese stays on the hook better though. :D

• Like 1