Trout Fishing?

Thought id catch a few trout this season...

Just had my 4th session,2 packs of hooks and enough lead weight to sink a small boat gone.

Still no trout....

Been using worms on small rivers,Good bit of colour today.

How fast should i be letting the worm drift,It either seems to be going flat out or not moving.

Found a few deep still bits are you better putting a worm in there and leaving it there didnt seem to be moving at all in there though.

Any tips please.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 7 Caught a fish Like to tell you i released it but i didnt,Didnt weigh it either,Just grilled it with some herb butter

During the warmer months one ruse we used on deep pools was to tie a dead animal in a tree overhanging the pool, as it got maggot ridden the maggots would drop into the pool and ground bait it for you

HI there when I trotting worms I use a bit of blue tack about 18 inch above the hook u save a few bob on lead and if u get snagged it just comes of

Posted Images

Any of you use fly rods and flies for river fishing?

Always been tempted but my eyesight isn't the best anyway do you go by watching your fly and strike when you see the fish take or do you go by the feel of a fish biting like lure fishing?

I miss fishing need to get back into it this year.

Sounds like all of your trout have been taken by people fishing with worms :laugh: .

Trout take a long time to grow to eating size and when they get munched, hey presto, they're gone.

Maybe you'd be better off catching your family some trout from a renewable source.

IF you do get into some trout then put the odd one back then there maybe some left to fight another day.

Good luck mate :thumbs: .

• Like 3

8-9 In morning,done a couple of afternoons,lads say thats a waste of time.

Acouple of times i could see fish lads say thats a waste of time.lol

Every one ive asked has a slightly differant way of fishing worms some let it drift others stop it then reel it in a bit every minute, another drops it in over bank then walks along slowly lifting it up and down.

So they cannot be that fussy?