Trout Fishing?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 7 Caught a fish Like to tell you i released it but i didnt,Didnt weigh it either,Just grilled it with some herb butter

During the warmer months one ruse we used on deep pools was to tie a dead animal in a tree overhanging the pool, as it got maggot ridden the maggots would drop into the pool and ground bait it for you

HI there when I trotting worms I use a bit of blue tack about 18 inch above the hook u save a few bob on lead and if u get snagged it just comes of

Posted Images

Wouldn't dairylea just break up?

Get 4 pieces of bread and thinly butter 2 pieces a bread then spread about 11/2 triangles on each piece of bread and stick together and cut the crusts off. Chuck them in the fridge until you go fishing then on the bank mould it into a ball and break off bits and mould round your hook. :thumbs:

Went worming for wild brownies a couple of days ago with a mate who came up from Devon. We fished all the snaggy swims where no one else fishes, in two hours I had only two missed bites but my mate had two beautiful brownies each about 2 lb. He had to use a single swan shot to keep the worm trickling along the bottom to get a take, as soon as the bait was motionless there were no takes. Best times we find are between 8 and 10am before the sun is too high. We only take our limit and return any real big ones and never take any less than 10 inches. Hardly fished round here as it is difficult with all the overhanging trees and waist high nettles but that's the beauty of it (no wooden platforms here).

On the way back we pulled up the two crayfish traps and had twelve to take home. These were purged and boiled as we cooked the trout whole wrapped in foil with lots of fresh lemon, sea salt and black pepper. So trout followed by crayfish, lovely.

Chris

No one likes a show of go start your own thread :laugh:

• Like 3

Went worming for wild brownies a couple of days ago with a mate who came up from Devon. We fished all the snaggy swims where no one else fishes, in two hours I had only two missed bites but my mate had two beautiful brownies each about 2 lb. He had to use a single swan shot to keep the worm trickling along the bottom to get a take, as soon as the bait was motionless there were no takes. Best times we find are between 8 and 10am before the sun is too high. We only take our limit and return any real big ones and never take any less than 10 inches. Hardly fished round here as it is difficult with all the overhanging trees and waist high nettles but that's the beauty of it (no wooden platforms here).

On the way back we pulled up the two crayfish traps and had twelve to take home. These were purged and boiled as we cooked the trout whole wrapped in foil with lots of fresh lemon, sea salt and black pepper. So trout followed by crayfish, lovely.

Chris

No one likes a show of go start your own thread :laugh:

lol

Spent a hour out yesterday,On a small river,water very clear,was interesting to see just how wild they are,even with my shadow behind me a false move would spook em.Found a pool with 3 or 4 trout,one a nice size,first time through with bubble and couple of nymps or what ever they all had a look but no bite,Then spent ages taking every fly i had through some passing right over them,They just ignored them :laugh:

After a bit of rain during sat night i went out yesterday morning,Nice bit if colour but river very low,Found a pool,with fast water running into it,First cast in ,a bite :toast: . Fell of half way in :cray:. Got another 4-5 bites using a bubble and worm,I was waiting till bubble went right under and was being pulled along missed every one using size 14 hooks to small or am i just sh*t.

Some one asked swears by minnows :thumbs:

unlucky weasel, I would scrap the bubble and try trotting a bait through the run with either a stick or trotting float.

Using a bubble will put a lot of surface tension on your hook line, meaning the trout will feel the float as it tries to take the bait.

Fish the stick float to the desired depth with a team of split shots above your hook.

Minnows are deadly for trout, slowly spinned through a pool.

Also I'd use a size 8 for big trout

Edited by beam

Silly qu perhaps but the minnows alive or dead?

Depending on the method being fished.

I fish the minnow behind a flicker spinner with the hook going though the bottom lip and out the head, But if fished using a float rig you would hook it through the back avoiding the spine as this will paralyze the minnow.

Edited by beam