Getting A Gun Legal

i actualy know a chap that did this.. he just phoned the fire arms department and told them he was offered a gun and said gun is unlicenced. first copper said he cant put it on his licence second one told him to crack on so its off the streets

problem is if it had of turned out to be a stolen gun he would of had to hand a name to the police

Don't get your finger prints on it :laugh: Seriously, how did he get the gun if he has no licence? Has it ever been used for something less than legal, if so and it all gets messy you don't want to be involved with it at all. Can you imagine.............. "how did you get rid of that gun", "Oakey helped me off load it". A bit paranoid maybe but if someone I met in a pub started asking me how to sell on an unlicenced gun, I would be looking for another table :thumbs:

No. Obviously, the correct procedure is for him to take it to his local cop shop. There, he should throw the doors open. Stride in, clearly showing said weapon. And, in a loud, clear voice, state: " Right, you lot! I've got a gun! Who wants to take it off of me?! ".

That should do the trick :yes:

What type of gun is it? If its a hand gun have nothing to do with it I wouldn't want anything to do with a handgun

If its a shotgun or a rifle I would suggest he take into a registered firearms dealer.

It's a small barrelled shotgun lol

OK maybe i should have given more detail in the first post . Its a old bloke who got it on the wall hes had it for 30/40 years its a wesley richards 16 bore with damastic barrels he went to a dealer who told him he could value it but couldn't give it him back so he came to me as he knows i have guns and he trusts me more than some dealer he doesn't know

OK maybe i should have given more detail in the first post . Its a old bloke who got it on the wall hes had it for 30/40 years its a wesley richards 16 bore with damastic barrels he went to a dealer who told him he could value it but couldn't give it him back so he came to me as he knows i have guns and he trusts me more than some dealer he doesn't know

Pretty sure you can put in on your ticket but check with the FAO first.