Terrier Inbreeding

This is closer than most terrier people would ever go. But this dog performed and produced.

His Sire is a 1/2 brother sister breeding and Dam is father to daughter breeding. Bred together they were grandson to daughter. Of course the big thing is everything behind these dogs was tested.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=428

He GR CH S.T.P.'S BUCK (7XW) ROM is crossed to a bitch out of a brother sister breeding, then a brother and sister from that are crossed again to produce another producer and performer Ch 357

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=10693

• Like 5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Inbreeding is quiet natural in a lot of species. When you see a red stag with his harem are you telling me that some of those hinds are not his daughters or even grand daughters. It's a known fact

This is closer than most terrier people would ever go. But this dog performed and produced. His Sire is a 1/2 brother sister breeding and Dam is father to daughter breeding. Bred together they were g

This is what happens when you breed to close the fcuking ''Stamp'' of them lot ,,,,, fighting terriers the lot at 1 min hahah ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLWcMAqyLU

Father/daughter and mother/son is closer than bro sister.

you might need to think about that again mate :thumbs:

No Saxon, you might want to think about that again. A child inherits 50% of its genes from each parent, so theoretically brother and sister could have no genes in common (if they each inherit the different 50% from each parent. There is more chance of me winning the lottery but it is still a chance). This would give the offspring of a brother sister mating an inbreeding coefficient of 0%. However, the inverse is also true, and the offspring of a brother sister mating could have an inbreeding coefficient of 100%.

Assuming the original parents are unrelated, the offspring of a parent child mating will always have an inbreeding coefficient of 50%.

No Saxon, you might want to think about that again. A child inherits 50% of its genes from each parent, so theoretically brother and sister could have no genes in common (if they each inherit the different 50% from each parent. There is more chance of me winning the lottery but it is still a chance). This would give the offspring of a brother sister mating an inbreeding coefficient of 0%. However, the inverse is also true, and the offspring of a brother sister mating could have an inbreeding coefficient of 100%.

Assuming the original parents are unrelated, the offspring of a parent child mating will always have an inbreeding coefficient of 50%.

well my opinion on it is there will be dominant genes in their good or bad in what it brings breeding. so by breeding brother sister that dominant gene will be put in from both sides meaning the majority of the pups would carry this gene. But if you breed mother son it could of been the father that brought this gene into the breeding before meaning you would be half of that gene going in the breeding. which tell me brother sister would be closer as a dominant gene will show in the litter more im sureill be wrong but ive seen this but in practice by a man who does alot of line breeding atb true saxon

Amen Glyn. I have watched my dad inbreed animals year after year with absolutely no negative affect. Many a year his tradition with the sheep has been to breed mother to son and brother to sister. He culls the old ram every year and the new son, already inbred, goes to the mothers and his sisters again. Year after year. The sheep got no worse. The ewes all stayed big. We've introduce a small ram for an outcrossing this year because we just kept getting bigger and bigger... Go figure

LET’S TALK LINEBREEDING!

by Claudia Waller Orlandi , Ph.D.

One of the most bandied about terms among Basset Hound breeders today seems to be linebreeding. Despite its widespread use, however, linebreeding is frequently misunderstood and miscommunicated; in fact, it is not altogether uncommon for an outcrossed pedigree to be mistakenly viewed as linebreeding by the novice. The present discussion defines linebreeding and how we can more accurately describe our linebred litters.

LINEBREEDING AND INBREEDING: A FAMILY AFFAIR

INBREEDING
and LINEBREEDING involve the mating of animals within the same family. Breeding relatives is used to cement traits, the goal being to make the offspring homozygous (pure) for desirable characteristics. Homozygous dogs tend to be prepotent and produce offspring that look like themselves (Walkowicz & Wilcox 1994).

Willis (1989) defines INBREEDING as the mating of animals "more closely related to one another than the average relationship within the breed." Inbred pairings would include brother/sister (the closest form), father/daughter,mother/son and half-brother/half-sister. LINEBREEDING involves breeding relatives other than the individual parents or brothers and sisters. Typical linebred matings are grandfather/granddaughter, grandmother/grandson,grandson/granddaughter, great-granddaughter/great-grandson,uncle/niece, aunt/nephew and cousin crosses. Linebreeding is a less intense form of inbreeding. Because of their focus on a dog’s potential genetic contribution, inbreeding and linebreeding are termed genetic breeding systems.

A mating between a brother and sister from unrelated parents would result in an inbreeding coefficient of 50%. A mother/son (or vice versa) or father/daughter (or vice versa) mating would result in a breeding coefficient of 25% assuming that there were no other related matings in the preceding generations

Amen Glyn. I have watched my dad inbreed animals year after year with absolutely no negative affect. Many a year his tradition with the sheep has been to breed mother to son and brother to sister. He culls the old ram every year and the new son, already inbred, goes to the mothers and his sisters again. Year after year. The sheep got no worse. The ewes all stayed big. We've introduce a small ram for an outcrossing this year because we just kept getting bigger and bigger... Go figure

Mosby i've watched people loosely line bred for a couple of generations then they are looking for new blood undoing any good they may have done, takes years to need outcross unless your one of those mating there tested stock at 2 years old :)

• Like 3

This is closer than most terrier people would ever go. But this dog performed and produced.

His Sire is a 1/2 brother sister breeding and Dam is father to daughter breeding. Bred together they were grandson to daughter. Of course the big thing is everything behind these dogs was tested.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=428

He GR CH S.T.P.'S BUCK (7XW) ROM is crossed to a bitch out of a brother sister breeding, then a brother and sister from that are crossed again to produce another producer and performer Ch 357

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=10693

two superbly bred animals!

Yokel

After how many planned pairings of dogs,and litters produced, roughly does one consider it takes to create a line of there OWN?,i know some think they have a line after breeding two related dogs together,which isn't the case,and the majority are just following someone elses line

,i know its a' how long is a piece of string' question, but approximately,if the dogs are not bred off until tried and tested properly and the same with there offspring, it would take decades I would imagine.