Fao Bird

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If ever a dog could deserve the tag "not for the faint hearted" it could be that

Nice looking animals,but every one that has one says there a handful.... The thing i like most about lurchers is there ability to turn of curl up by the fire in a sunny spot,wouldnt fancy a hyper act

They really need a lot of work physically and mentally but you get them right and they are bang on but they ain't for the majority of people inmo.

great clip that 246.

throw enough work at em and you can steady them. ive seen some very very headstrong dogs calmed after alot of time spent working them in the field. the correct guidence combined with a shit load of work and you will have a steady dog.

• Like 2

I don't know feck all about this breed but going by that clip, would they be suitable for the kind of work that lurcher lads would be doing?

Personally, i think they are way too highly strung and would present a problem, unless someone knows what they are doing and can give them the work that they need, i think it would be very hit and miss..

I would not bother myself.

Though I know where your coming from 246, most pastoral breeds come with those strings high, you only have to look at some of those un-worked neurotic Borders for that, its the drive and the 'capability' on top of that high strung nature that I feel would be a time bomb in the wrong hands and on Forums such as this, with the right (wrong) 'sell', those hands could be many...!

Agree 100% accident waiting to happen.

If i had just one dog and could keep it as a constant companion,i could give it enough work through the winter,but during the summer would it be happy lying in the garden chewing bones,going out with the kids to the beach ect.

maybe maybe not you wouldnt know untill it all went wrong and it could go very wrong.

Still admire there drive but it would come at price imho.

• Like 2

Fantastic vid - unbelievable agility & drive. And very fast too for a non-sighthound. Agree with the comments that it would be one hell of a handful. But if you had the work for it, a first cross to a greyhound would be awesome (and plenty fast enough). But by Christ you'd have to know what you were doing....

some blokes haven't got the work to throw at there dogs trigger this half x I have here can run night after night with murph and she is still a loon [BANNED TEXT] she gets back gsd and mal need a job keep there brain active they have been known to turn on there own handlers atb malc

i believe the right handlers need to be got for these types ,when the times right i shall breed some ,the half xs a fella i know has his calm and steady type .Ialso believe there are those type of handlers that would relish the high driven types ,in the full knowledge tey have plenty to work with , ITS LIKES A MOST for those have little or no knowledge presume only the worst scenarios,its correct handling and environment that moulds canines plus quality breeding . atb bunnys.

I was thinking the same if a pilot is willing to take a mali on a plane then a marine is going to jump out of it with one strapped to his chest that dog has to 100% steady, predictable, under control ect ect, my mate has a bitch from good stock I saw it for the first time while I was driving when I pulled up my mate bent down to talk to me through the window I asked will it bite if I stroke it he said no but on its chain outside it would.

As he was bent down the dog nussled into his chest showing affection which is something I liked to see in a dog, I think these could be as trainable as a collie but with a bit more fire defo worth thinking about in a lurcher capacity in my opinion

my nephew his in the armed forces , he done bosnia iraqu afgan all the deploys ova the last 14 yr. these mallis are literally bomp proof they have all thatany collie can give plus extras ,matter a fact there aint a collie eva been on ta planet that can come close to these agile prey driven these can go any where land air or water ,one would need to be the invisible man to out wit a good malli ,and even then i think he would get ta yas . has for a lurcher tues just gone was mooching with a f1 young sapling rising 27 steady with folk stock etc .one needs ta think out a the box to produce something special .atb bunnys.