Farmergedden

the price of milk was/has been forced down by the big supermarkets and the dairy farms have had to make hard decisions to be competitive, its not as if they have not voiced these concerns. the consumer sets the price but its the supermarkets that dictate it

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not going to help British farmers, it will only help the investors, it is the death knell to traditional farming. Keep them all on a 100 acre site then sell the rest of the land for housing.  

2000 dairy cows never seeing a grass field , row after row of concrete stalls , feed delivered by a conveyer belt , Pigs. 5000 in one shed Coming soon to a field near you lagoons of slurry

I would hazard a guess that this is being sponsored, promoted and supported by the big supermarket chains. They will then boast in their sales pitch that their produce is sourced from one local farm e

dairy farming cruel :laugh:

theres better kept dairy cows than people keep themselves ffs and i aint on about big herds and money farmers, im on about farmers with no more than 30 head of cattle ..

some farmers just dont have pride in their herd any more

Why would it be tasteless??

. You asking me to give you a step by step. Break down of The process of the feeding process of of a herd kept in. Sheds 24/7. Against. Pasteur fed.

Fed on shite means tasteless so if they were fed on the best they would taste fine. Apart from that I do agree with you on the ethics of it. I'm all for free range stuff.

Are dairy herds. HAD some of the best bredd dairy cattle in the world bar NONE. HAD !!!!!! Then the EU stepped in ,

We still produce some of the best product , it is up to you as the consumer what you eat Taste Comes from how its bred and how its fed how its kept , id rather eat road kill than the shite imported from the eu

• Like 2

. You asking me to give you a step by step. Break down of The process of the feeding process of of a herd kept in. Sheds 24/7. Against. Pasteur fed.
Fed on shite means tasteless so if they were fed on the best they would taste fine. Apart from that I do agree with you on the ethics of it. I'm all for free range stuff.
. You feed medi pellets to your poults. Every day and keep them penned for twelve month then eat them. Edited by gonetoearth
we have a free range egg producer down the road im yet to see a chicken :blink:

Chickens can be strange and f**ked up things, Paul. I once came past a Free Range place here. Couldn't believe my f**king eyes!

There's this f**king great field, with a barn in the middle of it. Only, this barn has like an eighteen inch strip, right round the bottom of it, missing. It's completely open

And in there, in the shadows, I could clearly make out these hundreds of chickens! F**king things are peeking out from the shadows, like;

" :icon_eek: F**k Me! I'm not going out there!!! It's all bright and breezy! No. Let's all huddle and skulk. Here in the still, dusty, warmth and darkness. "

F**king things. Probably just doing it to get the farmer a bad name.

The man who sticks to traditional methods and takes care of his stock will allways sell product , we import beef from brazil were they are chopping and burning rain forest to rear cattle while are country. Is perfect beef country. Are milk is imported from the eu while are dairy herds have gone down the pan because the eu forced them out of business, Dont take a brain surgeon to work out why

• Like 1

we have a free range egg producer down the road im yet to see a chicken :blink:

Chickens can be strange and f**ked up things, Paul. I once came past a Free Range place here. Couldn't believe my f**king eyes!

There's this f**king great field, with a barn in the middle of it. Only, this barn has like an eighteen inch strip, right round the bottom of it, missing. It's completely open

And in there, in the shadows, I could clearly make out these hundreds of chickens! F**king things are peeking out from the shadows, like;

" :icon_eek: F**k Me! I'm not going out there!!! It's all bright and breezy! No. Let's all huddle and skulk. Here in the still, dusty, warmth and darkness. "

F**king things. Probably just doing it to get the farmer a bad name.

. Its hard to keep foul in big numbers

. You feed medi pellets to your poults. Every day and keep them penned for twelve month then eat them.

Hi protein foods don't mean good mate. And let's be honest you couldn't tell the difference between a penned one than a wild one.

I can't do mass produced anything ... If it hasn't been caught by me or raised by me or produced by me it has to be free range and that includes milk ... Oh and I I million percent don't do stinking fukcing halal .........

• Like 3

so what? dairy cows for years have been in concrete stalls and had feed brought in for them, you would be very suprised at how little modern dairy cows actually get to graze, this farm is only in the spotlight as it has a higher number of animals. and as has been said, dairy cows have to have the maximum level of comfort ie mattresses and electric brushes because they will produce more milk. you think that in the past it was different? at least mordern farms have big airy sheds and not shitty little shippons where the cows were tied up by their neck all winter.

i have no argument with the principal of how the cows are kept. but i agree it will f**k up the british farming sector and small farmers.

• Like 1

There is an image of happy dairy cows spending their life in grass fields in the sun. Thats not been the case for a long time. Diary cows everywhere are pretty much worn out skeletons with tits by the time they are 3. 'Small family farms' with maybe 100 cows would be something most of us support but in my experience they are a lot worse than the mega dairy farms.

You say they are on concrete stalls, thats not true they are often on mega expensive mattresses and beds designed to reduce the pressure sores that all dairy cows suffer from. Most small farms have cows in shite beds in shite buildings, built years ago when they treid to keep cows warm rather than give them ventilation as we now know is best. Most middle sized farms, even small farms struggle to keep cows outside during the year as grass gets eaten and covered in pisss and slurry. Grass fields are a major source of mastitis infection as they lie down in the soiled grass.

The big farms often have constant vet presence and conditions are better than the smaller places with no money to invest. Dairy farming IS cruel on every farm, they but big beef bull over boney dairy cows then winch the big calves out and the cows are worked into the grounds in quick time, that happens everywhere, big farms and small.

I used to fit cow matts and scraping systems and I have seen hundreds and hundreds of farms and in my honest opinion if you drink milk then you support the dairy industry and the biggest farms iv seen are nowhere near the worst of evils on dairy farms.

. Because it been forced upon farmer the creation of beef, grain , mountains etc. By the eu , dont you think monsanto And the rest of the multi nationals have not engineered it
  • Like 1

I can't do mass produced anything ... If it hasn't been caught by me or raised by me or produced by me it has to be free range and that includes milk ... Oh and I I million percent don't do stinking fukcing halal .........

sock i wached as lambs were bought at the best prices and kept in the sheds kept dry till the buyer over looked them then paid above market price for the halal market !!!!!!

Do you eat NZ lamb? All NZ lamb is killed Halal, I did not know that till tonight. BTW how do you know if your milk is free range?

TC