Farmergedden

dairy farming cruel :laugh:

theres better kept dairy cows than people keep themselves ffs and i aint on about big herds and money farmers, im on about farmers with no more than 30 head of cattle ..

some farmers just dont have pride in their herd any more

Dairy farming is cruel. Years ago cows lasted years and years. now a 5 year old is doing fantastic. period.

Look at how they walk, watch em try and get up out off their beds. They are 1 of the only animals that cry in pain when giving birth.

They are fuucking skeletons.

As iv said, iv seen hundreds of herds and as a rule of thumb the smaller the herd the worse cases of lameness, mastitis and general condition. fact!

Pasture fed? my arse! is that like corn fed barn chickens? in a wet year like this one, in some parts of the country all cows will spend 75% of the year indoors and the indoors at the big units is a 1ooo times better than being indoors at a small farm in a dusty shed, lay on straw in wooden flat cubicals.

the other day there was a thread on takeaways and dozens of you said how often you eat them, where do you think your cheap shiite food comes from.

How many of those slagging off big farms get their milk from a local 'family farm milkman' ????

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not going to help British farmers, it will only help the investors, it is the death knell to traditional farming. Keep them all on a 100 acre site then sell the rest of the land for housing.  

2000 dairy cows never seeing a grass field , row after row of concrete stalls , feed delivered by a conveyer belt , Pigs. 5000 in one shed Coming soon to a field near you lagoons of slurry

I would hazard a guess that this is being sponsored, promoted and supported by the big supermarket chains. They will then boast in their sales pitch that their produce is sourced from one local farm e

so what? dairy cows for years have been in concrete stalls and had feed brought in for them, you would be very suprised at how little modern dairy cows actually get to graze, this farm is only in the spotlight as it has a higher number of animals. and as has been said, dairy cows have to have the maximum level of comfort ie mattresses and electric brushes because they will produce more milk. you think that in the past it was different? at least mordern farms have big airy sheds and not shitty little shippons where the cows were tied up by their neck all winter.

i have no argument with the principal of how the cows are kept. but i agree it will f**k up the british farming sector and small farmers.

. Its a fact that british farms have stood still for decades. The shipings as you say were for a bygone age And now are used for. Stables etc yes we have seen the upgrading in accomadtion and feedind systems , Who would of thought of cutting and storing grass 50 years ago Its progress but. The imprisonment of cattle and pigs fed there own kind. Will lead to no good in the end it is not natural , we stood back and whatched the near destrution of the eco system of this country through DTs Through the 60s and 70s. Now the very pollination of every thing is under threat , MAN will not blow him self up HE WILL DESTROY THE VERY THING GIVEN TO USE BY THE PLANET THE FOOD CHAIN Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 3

theres better kept dairy cows than people keep themselves ffs and i aint on about big herds and money farmers, im on about farmers with no more than 30 head of cattle ..

Dairy farming is cruel. Years ago cows lasted years and years. now a 5 year old is doing fantastic. period.

Look at how they walk, watch em try and get up out off their beds. They are 1 of the only animals that cry in pain when giving birth.

As iv said, iv seen hundreds of herds and as a rule of thumb the smaller the herd the worse cases of lameness, mastitis and general condition. fact!

Pasture fed? my arse! is that like corn fed barn chickens? in a wet year like this one, in some parts of the country all cows will spend 75% of the year indoors and the indoors at the big units is a 1ooo times better than being indoors at a small farm in a dusty shed, lay on straw in wooden flat cubicals.

the other day there was a thread on takeaways and dozens of you said how often you eat them, where do you think your cheap shiite food comes from.

How many of those slagging off big farms get their milk from a local 'family farm milkman' ????

. HOLSTENS THE UGLIEST COW IN THE WORLD

. So your equating bad husbandry in small fams to the demise of the british dairy industrie lol. The demise of the milk marketing board had nothing to do with it then and EU polices never fooked us

There is an image of happy dairy cows spending their life in grass fields in the sun. Thats not been the case for a long time. Diary cows everywhere are pretty much worn out skeletons with tits by the time they are 3. 'Small family farms' with maybe 100 cows would be something most of us support but in my experience they are a lot worse than the mega dairy farms.

You say they are on concrete stalls, thats not true they are often on mega expensive mattresses and beds designed to reduce the pressure sores that all dairy cows suffer from. Most small farms have cows in shite beds in shite buildings, built years ago when they treid to keep cows warm rather than give them ventilation as we now know is best. Most middle sized farms, even small farms struggle to keep cows outside during the year as grass gets eaten and covered in pisss and slurry. Grass fields are a major source of mastitis infection as they lie down in the soiled grass.

The big farms often have constant vet presence and conditions are better than the smaller places with no money to invest. Dairy farming IS cruel on every farm, they but big beef bull over boney dairy cows then winch the big calves out and the cows are worked into the grounds in quick time, that happens everywhere, big farms and small.

I used to fit cow matts and scraping systems and I have seen hundreds and hundreds of farms and in my honest opinion if you drink milk then you support the dairy industry and the biggest farms iv seen are nowhere near the worst of evils on dairy farms.

. Because it been forced upon farmer the creation of beef, grain , mountains etc. By the eu , dont you think monsanto And the rest of the multi nationals have not engineered it

yes i agree, not defending it. just saying thats how it is. you drink milk? its come from a cow that is not much more than a hat rack, if i was that cow id rather be on a massive farm with an in house vet than one of the smaller farms that look traditional but in reality have the same cows with the same life expectancy but sleep in shite buildings on straw that cant be cleaned out and walk in yards of concrete covered in slurry and mud.

As has been said even country people would be shocked how little cows go outside.

I was just commenting on milk production and the argument about big 2000 cow units. In my experience dairy cows have shite lives, big units with investments improve it a bit.

so what? dairy cows for years have been in concrete stalls and had feed brought in for them, you would be very suprised at how little modern dairy cows actually get to graze, this farm is only in the spotlight as it has a higher number of animals. and as has been said, dairy cows have to have the maximum level of comfort ie mattresses and electric brushes because they will produce more milk. you think that in the past it was different? at least mordern farms have big airy sheds and not shitty little shippons where the cows were tied up by their neck all winter.

i have no argument with the principal of how the cows are kept. but i agree it will f**k up the british farming sector and small farmers.

. Its a fact that british farms have stood still for decades. The shipings as you say were for a bygone age And now are used for. Stables etc yes we have seen the upgrading in accomadtion and feedind systems , Who would of thought of cutting and storing grass 50 years ago Its progress but. The imprisonment of cattle and pigs fed there own kind. Will lead to no good in the end it is not natural , we stood back and whatched the near destrution of the eco system of this country through DTs Through the 60s and 70s. Now the very pollination of every thing is under threat , MAN will not blow him self up HE WILL DESTROY THE VERY THING GIVEN TO USE BY THE PLANET THE FOOD CHAIN

your chatting shite man! cutting and storing grass 50 years ago? of course we did its called hay and a crude version of silage was made a long time before that... and they arent fed their own kind, we rectified that mistake with food and mouth remember?? imprisonment??? thats the thing with all people like you, you have no experience on farms..... walk into a shed full of laying hens kept inside 24/7, see how contented they are, walk into a cow shed and see them lying in their comfy cubicles chewing the cud, one thing people forget is

unhappy animals arent productive!!!

• Like 2

. So your equating bad husbandry in small fams to the demise of the british dairy industrie lol. The demise of the milk marketing board had nothing to do with it then and EU polices never fooked us

NO! we are at crossed purposes. I agree with you.

But today, with modern cows, they are no worse off in the big units. their live is shite period, and short. the big units are not the big evil when compared to the small farms around today. thats my experience after seeing hundreds.

I would support a nationalist goverment that has uk based food security at its heart and puts sustainable family farms and working countryside at its heart. Thats not what we have and at the moment arnt going to get. The big dairy units arnt worse for cow welfare day to day compared with the smaller farms today. thats my only point.

There is an image of happy dairy cows spending their life in grass fields in the sun. Thats not been the case for a long time. Diary cows everywhere are pretty much worn out skeletons with tits by the time they are 3. 'Small family farms' with maybe 100 cows would be something most of us support but in my experience they are a lot worse than the mega dairy farms.

You say they are on concrete stalls, thats not true they are often on mega expensive mattresses and beds designed to reduce the pressure sores that all dairy cows suffer from. Most small farms have cows in shite beds in shite buildings, built years ago when they treid to keep cows warm rather than give them ventilation as we now know is best. Most middle sized farms, even small farms struggle to keep cows outside during the year as grass gets eaten and covered in pisss and slurry. Grass fields are a major source of mastitis infection as they lie down in the soiled grass.

The big farms often have constant vet presence and conditions are better than the smaller places with no money to invest. Dairy farming IS cruel on every farm, they but big beef bull over boney dairy cows then winch the big calves out and the cows are worked into the grounds in quick time, that happens everywhere, big farms and small.

I used to fit cow matts and scraping systems and I have seen hundreds and hundreds of farms and in my honest opinion if you drink milk then you support the dairy industry and the biggest farms iv seen are nowhere near the worst of evils on dairy farms.

. Because it been forced upon farmer the creation of beef, grain , mountains etc. By the eu , dont you think monsanto And the rest of the multi nationals have not engineered it

yes i agree, not defending it. just saying thats how it is. you drink milk? its come from a cow that is not much more than a hat rack, if i was that cow id rather be on a massive farm with an in house vet than one of the smaller farms that look traditional but in reality have the same cows with the same life expectancy but sleep in shite buildings on straw that cant be cleaned out and walk in yards of concrete covered in slurry and mud.

As has been said even country people would be shocked how little cows go outside.

I was just commenting on milk production and the argument about big 2000 cow units. In my experience dairy cows have shite lives, big units with investments improve it a bit.

. You must have visited some shit holes The eu forced are uk dairy Herd into decline Then market forces done the rest. , buy british became a dirty word the tv chefs have brought a life line to home product , If you happy to eat cardboard. Carry on. If you happy to stand back and watch the factory plants spring up all over carry on. It only my opinion ill stick to Beef lamb pork peasant fish etc etc were its come from.

also i would say that the problem with small farms is they are breeding a cow that doesnt fit their system, they are breeding a holstein that has shite feet and isnt robust, but because its grandma was imported from canada and it has a straight back its a good cow..... no a good cow is one that fits the system not ones who last 3 lactations and feed rot off.....

• Like 1

. Its a fact that british farms have stood still for decades. The shipings as you say were for a bygone age And now are used for. Stables etc yes we have seen the upgrading in accomadtion and feedind systems , Who would of thought of cutting and storing grass 50 years ago Its progress but. The imprisonment of cattle and pigs fed there own kind. Will lead to no good in the end it is not natural , we stood back and whatched the near destrution of the eco system of this country through DTs Through the 60s and 70s. Now the very pollination of every thing is under threat , MAN will not blow him self up HE WILL DESTROY THE VERY THING GIVEN TO USE BY THE PLANET THE FOOD CHAIN

your chatting shite man! cutting and storing grass 50 years ago? of course we did its called hay and a crude version of silage was made a long time before that... and they arent fed their own kind, we rectified that mistake with food and mouth remember?? imprisonment??? thats the thing with all people like you, you have no experience on farms..... walk into a shed full of laying hens kept inside 24/7, see how contented they are, walk into a cow shed and see them lying in their comfy cubicles chewing the cud, one thing people forget is

unhappy animals arent productive!!!

. Lol people like me with know experience lol townie am i lol. Iwas making hay on a fordson major when you shitting yellow probly sunshine and carrying bags of grain falling out the back of an inti combine , ans walking a ped heard of. Black n whites. Happy as larry cows , allso helped burn thousand of cattle and sheep without fm. For the liers. Barking up the wrong tree sunshine

GTE you have it on you tonight. i agree, if i hadnt been such i dodgy fecker id stand for ukip and sort it out for you but all i can do is tell you my opinion on modern dairy WELFARE on big units. not what caused it

also i would say that the problem with small farms is they are breeding a cow that doesnt fit their system, they are breeding a holstein that has shite feet and isnt robust, but because its grandma was imported from canada and it has a straight back its a good cow..... no a good cow is one that fits the system not ones who last 3 lactations and feed rot off.....

see you can talk sense aswell. The. Holstien is not suited to the small farms in this country. Edited by gonetoearth

I can't do mass produced anything ... If it hasn't been caught by me or raised by me or produced by me it has to be free range and that includes milk ... Oh and I I million percent don't do stinking fukcing halal .........

Do you eat NZ lamb? All NZ lamb is killed Halal, I did not know that till tonight. BTW how do you know if your milk is free range?

TC

If I havnt killed it my meat comes from my local butcher which is all from locally raised animals ... And yep I know my milk is free range the diary is 400 meters from my house .........

GTE you have it on you tonight. i agree, if i hadnt been such i dodgy fecker id stand for ukip and sort it out for you but all i can do is tell you my opinion on modern dairy WELFARE on big units. not what caused it

i am not against well managed units or anti progress but ive seen first hand intensive units. They are a production line so far removed from farming its unreal , Edited by gonetoearth

Kind of funny thing this I've worked on dairy farms for near all my life even worked in Australia on cattle stations and a big dairy farm in Nz and Iam sorry too tell yous but your 10 years too late too moan about farms being 2 big a avg sized 100 cow farm will employ about 1 person usually not all and some don't have any a 400 cow farm in the uk will employ about 7/8 plus contractors and summer hands the big farms may be wrong in your eyes but it is twice as much work as a small farm cos deadlines have too be met fertility has too be higher cos the cull rate is higher the feed is higher in protein the feed they get is of better quality cos it's not had cows ripping up the field the grass grows better and sweeter and now days you do have a machine for everything even bedding but the machine may break sure but it won't be lazy like a worker that can't be assed scraping the beds down every milking cos he has been out on the drink them small farms can't afford the nice toys that the big boys get and even in today's new sheds they have automatic covers that will control ventilation if any one is going too tell me the new big sheds are worse then the old byres that cows used too live in you have never smelt ammonia or had too calve a cow on top of straw that has not been cleaned out in 2 months things that need too get done on the big farms are usually done not saying you can't have a farm full of idiots you can but more men means more can get done cows are not left lame cos there is no spare boxes cos the small farmer has 2 the big farms might have 10 right next too the parlor the day and age of old style farming are gone I bet if you were too ask the old boys would you rather go out with the horse and plow or the big massy air condition cab with radio and air seats they would just turn there hands round and say son these hands done that work are you f***ing stupid

• Like 1