Farmergedden

2000 dairy cows never seeing a grass field , row after row of concrete stalls , feed delivered by a conveyer belt , Pigs. 5000 in one shed Coming soon to a field near you lagoons of slurry the likes we have never seen factory farming at a scale we have never seen Were , Powys, Lincolnshire, cornwall , Lanarkshire etc. Planning is going in for Mega dairy plants and pork rearing sites. This is not farming this is mass production of tasteless shite .

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 6

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not going to help British farmers, it will only help the investors, it is the death knell to traditional farming. Keep them all on a 100 acre site then sell the rest of the land for housing.  

2000 dairy cows never seeing a grass field , row after row of concrete stalls , feed delivered by a conveyer belt , Pigs. 5000 in one shed Coming soon to a field near you lagoons of slurry

I would hazard a guess that this is being sponsored, promoted and supported by the big supermarket chains. They will then boast in their sales pitch that their produce is sourced from one local farm e

2000 dairy cows never seeing a grass field , row after row of concrete stalls , feed delivered by a conveyer belt , Pigs. 5000 in one shed Coming soon to a field near you lagoons of slurry the likes we have never seen factory farming at a scale we have never seen Were , Powys, Lincolnshire, cornwall , Lanarkshire etc. Planning is going in for Mega dairy plants and pork rearing sites. This is not farming this is mass production of tasteless shite .

tell that to a 2.99 chicken :laugh:

if it helps british farming who cares and theyll still be kept better than alot of the european countries

if it helps british farming who cares and theyll still be kept better than alot of the european countries

It is not going to help British farmers, it will only help the investors, it is the death knell to traditional farming. Keep them all on a 100 acre site then sell the rest of the land for housing.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 7

When is the farming and food industry gonna learn that the further you take animals away from natural conditions and diets, the more diseases will flourish and/or mutate into new ones. It only takes one mutation and diseases mutate constantly, for something to go very badly wrong not just for the animals but also for the things that eat them. :yes:

• Like 5

TC

exactly what i was thinking :thumbs:

TC

It will also likely drive the price of produce down even further and make life even more difficult for traditional farmers..

I would hazard a guess that this is being sponsored, promoted and supported by the big supermarket chains. They will then boast in their sales pitch that their produce is sourced from one local farm etc

That makes me laugh and all. M&S source their organic gold turkeys from a farm down the road from me and boast they are from a 'small' farm. The farm has sheds in all the fields for miles and miles and turn over 100's of 1000's of birds every year, if not 1000000's.. :yes:

I would hazard a guess that this is being sponsored, promoted and supported by the big supermarket chains. They will then boast in their sales pitch that their produce is sourced from one local farm etc

That makes me laugh and all. M&S source their organic gold turkeys from a farm down the road from me and boast they are from a 'small' farm. The farm has sheds in all the fields for miles and miles and turn over 100's of 1000's of birds every year, if not 1000000's.. :yes:

we have a free range egg producer down the road im yet to see a chicken :blink:

There is an image of happy dairy cows spending their life in grass fields in the sun. Thats not been the case for a long time. Diary cows everywhere are pretty much worn out skeletons with tits by the time they are 3. 'Small family farms' with maybe 100 cows would be something most of us support but in my experience they are a lot worse than the mega dairy farms.

You say they are on concrete stalls, thats not true they are often on mega expensive mattresses and beds designed to reduce the pressure sores that all dairy cows suffer from. Most small farms have cows in shite beds in shite buildings, built years ago when they treid to keep cows warm rather than give them ventilation as we now know is best. Most middle sized farms, even small farms struggle to keep cows outside during the year as grass gets eaten and covered in pisss and slurry. Grass fields are a major source of mastitis infection as they lie down in the soiled grass.

The big farms often have constant vet presence and conditions are better than the smaller places with no money to invest. Dairy farming IS cruel on every farm, they but big beef bull over boney dairy cows then winch the big calves out and the cows are worked into the grounds in quick time, that happens everywhere, big farms and small.

I used to fit cow matts and scraping systems and I have seen hundreds and hundreds of farms and in my honest opinion if you drink milk then you support the dairy industry and the biggest farms iv seen are nowhere near the worst of evils on dairy farms.

• Like 5