Jack Russell Terrier

No thanks.

Like I say, putting the word "Parson" in a sentence about working terriers IMO tells me a lot about who I'm talking to.

your talking to a man who can remember ,when they were called hunt terriers in early 50s ,before they were called jack russells :yes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tilly   Ken   Ken & Tilly   Bo

JMHO but I have NEVER heard any man who's serious about working white terriers in the proper way use the word "Parson". When I see an add for "working bred" terriers and see the word Parson in the sa

There's a saying "you get what you pay for" unfortunately in the working dog world it usually means the more you pay the the bigger the piece of shite you get lol.

Posted Images

That was my next question Mule.

Were you calling JRTs Parsons 20 years ago ?

I doubt it.

And to hear them called Hunt terriers brings back memories. There were a few individuals calling them that when I got into terriers and they were usually handy dogs too.

It's a pity what has largely become of what was once the most common type of working terrier.

Iam still looking for the type of russell I want can't believe [BANNED TEXT] I've just seen. A so called jack russell with brindle patches how the times change does anyone on hear keep a ken gould line from old this man was round the odd show when I was only a kid and this is the type Iam after sorry I think I've spelt kens second name wrong apologies if so

Iam still looking for the type of russell I want can't believe [bANNED TEXT] I've just seen. A so called jack russell with brindle patches how the times change does anyone on hear keep a ken gould line from old this man was round the odd show when I was only a kid and this is the type Iam after sorry I think I've spelt kens second name wrong apologies if so

That Russell of mine has old Gouldy blood in her.

• Like 1

JMHO but I have NEVER heard any man who's serious about working white terriers in the proper way use the word "Parson".

When I see an add for "working bred" terriers and see the word Parson in the same add it's like seeing an add that says "Sports car for sale, has no engine."

Why would a breed be wrong just because some people call them another name??

All the dogs you would call as Jack Russells in the UK, I would call them Parson Russells (in the continent). Does it make them bad workers, just because called another name??

I know quite some proper working Parson Russells and know some s***t working Jack Russells.

Anna

• Like 2

Still a few working Russell's about

A1EF5501-2784-425E-ADF1-8190C1CB070F_zps

F2317DFF-29EE-4A7F-B757-6798AAA4A56C_zps

F70E2D31-99A9-451F-8C70-F90486A15764_zps

D128C7FD-64C3-4B5E-BA8C-FED543B07C29_zps

I was talking to an old game keeper last week, got talking about the Russell after he seen mine and he said there's a terrier man for a hunt down South England can't remember the hunt name now, a lad called E.chapman, he said he keeps some really good ones. Any one know him? Or have dogs out of his line.

• Like 5

I was talking to an old game keeper last week, got talking about the Russell after he seen mine and he said there's a terrier man for a hunt down South England can't remember the hunt name now, a lad called E.chapman, he said he keeps some really good ones. Any one know him? Or have dogs out of his line.

Eddie chapman is not a lad he is knocking on abit now lol

Isnt E.Chapmans dogs prefix name foxwarren ?

Remember seeing one years ago , tidy looking and quite small more of a bayer than a mixer

yes mate his kennels are called foxwarren he has more russells there than a hound pack :laugh: i always thought there was alot of show emphasis bred into them

Iam still looking for the type of russell I want can't believe [bANNED TEXT] I've just seen. A so called jack russell with brindle patches how the times change does anyone on hear keep a ken gould line from old this man was round the odd show when I was only a kid and this is the type Iam after sorry I think I've spelt kens second name wrong apologies if so

That Russell of mine has old Gouldy blood in her.[/quote

Your bitch looks a tidy and strong bitch them that ken had were always very keen and always well looked after even when ken was knocking on abit if there are any litters about I could be interested if anyone would pm me much appreciated thanks

• Like 1

Eddie chapman is not a lad he is knocking on abit now lol

Haha you know what I meant

• Like 1

. There's some good Russell's near you, all mine came from near Rotherham there not Gould line but they work and he won't rob you , I'll ask if there's any litters due.

post-28395-0-08907900-1394002979_thumb.jpg

post-28395-0-47756400-1394003168_thumb.jpg

• Like 3