i hear the same tiny tiger that you always got to use a bitch that works as good if not better than the stud dog or your fighting a losing battle as the bitch passes on more genes than the male

the dog is making millions of sperm in his bag every week but the bitch had every pup she might ever throw inside in her before she was born herself-also she carries pups in her womb-all the cells of their bodies are made directly from her body(has to count for something)..To use an example from greyhound racing

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?breedpoints=269133 .No dog that ever lived had a strike-rate like that.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how i look at it, if we are lucky enough to get our hands on some good blood , its our duty not to f**k it up and thats the working side, i've had the same family of dogs since the early 80's i've lin

Good post mate .Not to undo it in any way but starting with the right stock is everything .You cannot put in what is not there in the first place .Ive no doubt some lads have turned round mediocre dog

Right this is my fathers method he had a lot of success for many many years with gamefowl and dogs .This mightn't be to everybody's to everybody's style so don't crucify me if you think its wrong ! He

Just for the record and i cant say why, given the choice,id rather have a stud from a producing line over a mediocre bitch than a top grade bitch to a mediocre dog which says to me the reverse is true of what you are saying .Pretty sure the working qualities are something to do with male genes and looks are female .Somebody will no doubt put me straight but thats my take .

Just for the record and i cant say why, given the choice,id rather have a stud from a producing line over a mediocre bitch than a top grade bitch to a mediocre dog which says to me the reverse is true of what you are saying .Pretty sure the working qualities are something to do with male genes and looks are female .Somebody will no doubt put me straight but thats my take .

the looks come because if your inbreeding your using matched genes breeding to type ..... :thumbs:

the looks come because if your inbreeding your using matched genes breeding to type ..... :thumbs:
put your best to your best and hope for the best money is f***ing the terrier game

put your best to your best and hope for the best money is f*****g the terrier game

inbreeding brings out the working traits aswell ,,,

put your best to your best and hope for the best money is f*****g the terrier game

inbreeding brings out the working traits aswell ,,,
to be honest mate I only work dogs my digging partner likes bitches it is kept tight same way bread like stated the rubbish must be culled not past on
  • Like 1

genes from dog and bitch split into two parts and randomly come together again in the egg. So all genes are in two parts.One half from the dog and one from the bitch. Thats why some genes are not pure but express a certain trait ie courage or determination. The other half of that gene could be cowardice/lack of determination as a mental trait but it is not visible in the dog because the courage half is dominant. When the dog who displays working courage is bred to another dog with same there is no guarantee that the genes will part and come together in our favour .Thats why just putting worker to worker is no guarantee to produce a litter or even any workers in the litter. You can breed the same pair together time and again and get diffrent results. The practice of breeding in and in to dogs expressing the desired traits is to short cut the process of producing good stock by exposing the hidden part of the genes that are not what we want and leaving only the pure halves if you like to come together. That is very simplistic I know but if we can all grasp that because a dog looks or acts a certain way that is no indication of how the dog is built inside. Has long has the produce that is poor is killed off and only the good are kept the dominant genes will increase and the chances of getting dogs with the desired traits will increase. All traits are inhereted so its only what we personally desire.Same basic principles apply in selective breeding and inbreeding wether its floppy ears or fearlessness that we are trying to promote. thats roughly how i understand it anyway.

• Like 1

How far back do you reckon,can "WORK" be Re-Ignited ? ie ; you know workers have been produced from the Gene pool in the not to distant past ,but fails to appear in the breeding further down the line. CAN it be found again,or is it Lost for ever ? bit off topic but would be interested to know .

they used to breed

they used to breed greyhounds and racehorses the same way back in the day. http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=165693

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=391699

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=920952

Why did they stop-i dont know-maybe they could afford to cull(only lords and kings etc keeping them in those days)and nowadays pups and colts are produced with sales in mind rather than performance.Maybe they didnt give a fiddlers fck about pedigree and just bred the best male that they owned or was local to them to their best female and hoped for the best and any pedigree patterns that can be seen are only a coincidence.