The Queen On The Sponge...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a waste. That queen, living it off the government in her castles with her corgis. (and gin) Just how much does this cost to maintain? The answer: 40 million pounds. That’s about 65 pence per pe

Well, as long as it upsets disgruntled republicans she can spend what she like for me!

hit her with bedroom tax

One doesnt know much about the royal family or take an interest young chap, royal family is zzzz to me as my yes threads are you some of you cough cough.. However i did see this on the interweb

• The estimated total annual cost of the monarchy to taxpayers is £202.4m, around five times the official figure published by the royal household (£38.3m last year).
  • The official figure excludes a number of costs, including round-the-clock security, lavish royal visits and lost revenue from the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall.
  • Civil List expenditure has increased by 94 per cent in real terms over the last two decades.
  • £202.4m is equivalent to 9,560 nurses, 8,200 police officers and more than the total annual Ministry of Defence spending on food. The total cost is also equivalent to a number of high profile government cuts, including cuts to the Sure Start programme.
  • The British monarchy is 112 times as expensive as the Irish president and more than twice as expensive as the French semi-presidential system.
  • Britain's royal family is the most expensive in Europe at more than double the cost of the Dutch monarchy.
  • Taxpayers are kept in the dark about the exact cost of the monarchy, due to the royal household's exemption from the Freedom of Information Act and widespread misunderstanding about the nature of the royal family's finances.
pdf with more detail

http://www.republic.org.uk/valueformoneymyth.pdf

One doesnt know much about the royal family or take an interest young chap, royal family is zzzz to me as my yes threads are you some of you cough cough.. However i did see this on the interweb

• The estimated total annual cost of the monarchy to taxpayers is £202.4m, around five times the official figure published by the royal household (£38.3m last year).
  • The official figure excludes a number of costs, including round-the-clock security, lavish royal visits and lost revenue from the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall.
  • Civil List expenditure has increased by 94 per cent in real terms over the last two decades.
  • £202.4m is equivalent to 9,560 nurses, 8,200 police officers and more than the total annual Ministry of Defence spending on food. The total cost is also equivalent to a number of high profile government cuts, including cuts to the Sure Start programme.
  • The British monarchy is 112 times as expensive as the Irish president and more than twice as expensive as the French semi-presidential system.
  • Britain's royal family is the most expensive in Europe at more than double the cost of the Dutch monarchy.
  • Taxpayers are kept in the dark about the exact cost of the monarchy, due to the royal household's exemption from the Freedom of Information Act and widespread misunderstanding about the nature of the royal family's finances.
pdf with more detail

http://www.republic.org.uk/valueformoneymyth.pdf

so what, she adds value to the country, makes me laugh we can afford a trillion quid to bail out the insolvent banks another three hundred and seventy five billion in quantitative easing to save reckless speculators from the consequences of their own stupid gambling yet we are unwilling to pay for the upkeep of our own heritage.

Right seeing as a jock ( all be it a police officer lol lol) started the thread, lets have it right........the queen costs each family 65p BUT Scotland costs each family £420 per year.........hmmmm ! Lol lol

Where's Joe90 when you need him ? Lol

:laugh: police officer :laugh: quality wilf mate :thumbs:

Right seeing as a jock ( all be it a police officer lol lol) started the thread, lets have it right........the queen costs each family 65p BUT Scotland costs each family £420 per year.........hmmmm ! Lol lol

. Nah more like a cpso

. Nah more like a cpso

Must try harder :tongue2:

. Nah more like a cpso

Must try harder :tongue2:

. No need No challenge Does your hat fit