Brecon Beacons

My mates uncle owns a farm on the foothills of the beacons. Anyhow he rang up and squared it with him that we can pop down with the lurcher for a nights lamping whenever we want. My mate don't own a lurcher and never been, so unfortunately it'll be my dog only :laugh: anyhow were gonna take a drive over soon. I know it's a huge area but does anyone else lamp around those ways. And if so is there many coneys up there ? Hoping we don't drive all the way there to blank

The Army gave me a free holiday on the Beacons,spent two weeks tramping up and down all over the place,the thing that struck me about all that open countryside was the seeming lack of game,that was 1979,whats it like now?.

My mates uncle owns a farm on the foothills of the beacons. Anyhow he rang up and squared it with him that we can pop down with the lurcher for a nights lamping whenever we want. My mate don't own a lurcher and never been, so unfortunately it'll be my dog only :laugh: anyhow were gonna take a drive over soon. I know it's a huge area but does anyone else lamp around those ways. And if so is there many coneys up there ? Hoping we don't drive all the way there to blank

Where is the farm mate ... I can give you a better idea as that's my old stamping ground and my mates still hunt there .........

My mates got some land up there, a few rabbits about but you'd be very lucky to hit double numbers I think, oh n I managed to squeek a fox in on the lamp but he was only a young'un and he let him go as were only about for rabbits

• 2 weeks later...