Innoculation

they can't have their 2nd until they are 12 weeks...no matter what age they had their 1st

the first jab has to be after 8 week, as thats the age they lose natural immunity, then the second jab should be 2 week later, so 8 week then 10 week is fine

Well.....the latest I've heard was that prior to 12 weeks the innoculations will be ineffective as the pup is still carrying many of the bitches antibodies.

So I guess we all agree to dis-agree....but I wouldn't be surprised if in the coming years the age which vets perform the 2nd jab is 12 weeks. but we'll see.......

happy jabbing.

• Like 1

For maximum benefit,second jab should be givin at 12 weeks as the anti bodies in the bitches milk are still present in the pups system up until then and will render the jab less effective,if a pup hasn't had a jab before 12 weeks of age the one jab will do as there are no anti bodies from the bitch left to cancel out inoculation,

• Like 1

For maximum benefit,second jab should be givin at 12 weeks as the anti bodies in the bitches milk are still present in the pups system up until then and will render the jab less effective,if a pup hasn't had a jab before 12 weeks of age the one jab will do as there are no anti bodies from the bitch left to cancel out inoculation,

I agree Smasher,i give the parvo at 6 weeks and the 7-1 at 12 weeks,also give the parvo to the bitch 2 weeks prior to having pups same with worm dose,vet reckons it leaves the pups immune system a lot stronger.I buy both from my vet for 12-15 euro each.

• Like 1

So if the immune system from the bitch is still in the pups up to 12 week whats the point in starting the jabs at 10 week?

My vet charges £46 for both, does the 1st at 10 week & the 2nd at 12 week. He does offer 1 at 8 week which is usually the age that they're taken away from the dam but i never bother. (Think it's a money making racket to tell the truth).