Fined For Taking Kids Out Of School On A Holiday

Read this fellas,,,, make sure you read it all,,,, we all now know what there doing with fines ect but read at the bottom it doubles after 21 days if it's not paid,,, so from a 360 pound fine,, now this fella ows 720,,, I think it stinks,, he only had his kids out for 6 days

http://www.itv.com/news/search/?q=School+fine

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe if holiday companies were banned from using the disgraceful tactics they use to extort money from families they wouldnt have to resort to things like this just to have a normal family holiday wi

Personally. I don't think the old regulations were changed for education reasons,,, the old rules were you could have an extra 10 days,,,it seems to me this is just about making school attendance reco

What a load of bullshit ... They are my kids not the governments not the schools ?.. I should be able to take them out of school whenever I wanted ........

Another bullshit policy. It should obviously be discouraged but why banned with a fine? Surely the most sensible thing to do would be to allow it but ensure it has minimal effect on the pupils studies. They could be given a homework plan to help with that and allowed say a maximum of two weeks holiday.

I really f***ing hate these stupid f***ing policies that just punish everyone.

• Like 3

Rules is rules and kids need to know that. Its no good telling them to do as they are told at school and obey by their rules. Then say its okay to take them out of school 'cos its cheaper for mum and dad to have a holiday then. If a teacher took their holiday in term time, you would quite rightfully hit the fecking roof

Personally. I don't think the old regulations were changed for education reasons,,, the old rules were you could have an extra 10 days,,,it seems to me this is just about making school attendance records better,,, and making money out of parents that might be already strapped for cash,,,,,

Ok some of you will argue ,, if there strapped for cash,, they shouldn't be going anyway,,, but if you have budgeted for a cheap deal somewhere,, and can budget your finances why not a have a holiday,,,

Holidays can be educational as well,, weather it's experiencing some other culture ,,,, or just getting outside doing fun activitys ect ,,,

• Like 6

Rules is rules and kids need to know that. Its no good telling them to do as they are told at school and obey by their rules. Then say its okay to take them out of school 'cos its cheaper for mum and dad to have a holiday then. If a teacher took their holiday in term time, you would quite rightfully hit the fecking roof

Of course we would, it's our taxes that pays the teachers wages and they entered to the profession in the full knowledge of their holiday allowances and restrictions. This pupil term time holiday ban is not something we the public have any choice over. It's just another bullshit policy that encourages the rules to be broken and teaches kids no respect of the system for exactly that reason.

• Like 2

I've took my daughter out of school for a holiday, got an appointment to see the assistant head, told her the circumstances, she granted her an exception. I can see the schools point, they are getting downgraded for all sorts by inspectors.

Teachers do get personal days,,, and are allowed a certain number of sick days a year,,,now some educational authority's ,,, are very strict about have time off in term time,,,, whilst others are very relaxed about it,,,

So depending on where the teacher works,,, some can and do get time off during term time

Edited by TOMO

I know people who've been fined as well. The missus is a teacher and the school is obliged to report parents that do this although a lot of teachers will turn a blind eye to a degree providing it's not all the time and the child is doing well at school.

The other thing I haven't mentioned yet is about the parents getting time off,,,, it's ok saying go in the school holidays there's plenty of them,,,, yes true,,,, however if you work for a company and everybody else has booked to go when it's the holidays,,, it might leave you with no option to go in term time..

I just hope this judge sees a bit of common sence in this case ,,, and quashes the fine,,,