Lurchers Swimming

How many of your dogs swim is it a wife's tale that only a few lurcher/whippet types swim or are there plenty out there that like a dip.

I know its cold and won't encourage him in till it warms up but the pup won't even entertain gettin his feet wet.

I think it's cracking exercise for them and if there's water my springers are in it both can retrieve from underwater both love the sea and they normally have a quick swim on there daily walk so would like the young one to get involved.

Few pics from todaypost-88626-0-04238400-1387306434_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swimming is great exersise for cur dogs,.and once they are launched,.....there is definitely no going back,...or picking and choosing their runs      

bringing back her catch, cant be doin with reared on a shivering tit dog

Posted Images

lovely pics :thumbs: probably like most tings with pups id say watching the springers in the water will make him curious enough to try it at some stage . both my lurchers are not fond of water unless after game but i only got when they 2+ so could be for any reason they dont like it

My other two dont mind it but the bull/grey will only enter if its shallow or too wide to jump when running. First time he entered water though it was a frozen over pond and he was in there for abit before i managed to get him out.

I think if they enter it on a positave note they dont mind but i know someone who swims them in a lock for excersise and they dont seem too happy about it.

Lota folk in ire swim their dogs if off injured depending on injurie and vet gives ok to swim in purpose built pool for dogs 4 mins swimming against current and they gassed get a warm jaccuzi afterwards its purpose built for greyhounds owner likes lurchers let's all boys use it 10 quid well worth it atvb

You could not bribe mine too go for a swim shallow stuff they will cross if I go first lol

we must have the same mind set dogs then, :laugh: my 2 are crap will only go up to there chest.And i carnt understand it, because , 1st i never push them from pups, 2nd they both got thick coats on them.And its a pain as some times a rabbit or what ever got up , and instead of going in the water to cut it off, they feckin ran round pool or stream to try to get and lost it :censored: feckin wimps.!