Coursing.changing Public Opinion

With all these threads about lads getting caught,the posts by antis is alarming.From what I've seen they seem to hate coursing more than fox hunting.I know you can't educate pork but how can driven hare shoots be worse than coursing with dogs!.Any thoughts?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its all been said before . but for what its worth , ive got an old school mentality, and don't believe in telling everone my doings..   so maybe the gobshites that tell everyone w

If you have permission you cannot be found guilty. The law does not stipulate which breed of dog can be used for ferreting, or for flushing to the falcon, or to the gun, or indeed just rabbiting. It a

Nothing worse than hare shoots witnessed 1 myself idiots beating hares to line of guns just of the A1 it was whjolesale slaughter hares hadn't a chance at leasy they have a sporting chance when course

I don't know on that one but it was in the BBC news about a paralysed pitcher abandoned so when that happens it's a score for the rspca and the antis which obviously is unfortunate but preventable.

That type of thing is never going to help coursing.

Nothing worse than hare shoots witnessed 1 myself idiots beating hares to line of guns just of the A1 it was whjolesale slaughter hares hadn't a chance at leasy they have a sporting chance when coursed with a dog

its all been said before . but for what its worth , ive got an old school mentality, and don't believe in telling everone my doings..

so maybe the gobshites that tell everyone what there up to and post photos , are doing no favours to themselves ..and those who like a chase ... ;).

Yeah your right it has been said before.Just reading what the antis say boils me piss.

Nothing worse than hare shoots witnessed 1 myself idiots beating hares to line of guns just of the A1 it was whjolesale slaughter hares hadn't a chance at leasy they have a sporting chance when coursed with a dog

its all been said before . but for what its worth , ive got an old school mentality, and don't believe in telling everone my doings..

so maybe the gobshites that tell everyone what there up to and post photos , are doing no favours to themselves ..and those who like a chase ... ;).

Yeah your right it has been said before.Just reading what the antis say boils me piss.

the only ammo they use is what we give them by way of idiotic,moronic.testicle measuring.backslapping,ego massaging,sometimes cringworthy posts

With all these threads about lads getting caught,the posts by antis is alarming.From what I've seen they seem to hate coursing more than fox hunting.I know you can't educate pork but how can driven hare shoots be worse than coursing with dogs!.Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that i run dogs and don,t shoot,the majority of shooters are honest,hard working souls that have as much right to shoot as we should have to course Hares,the numbers mentioned on shoots may seem excessive to the ill informed,they are a necessary evil at times,im just envious that they don,t suffer the same restrictions as the dog lads,thats not the shooters fault just ignorance elsewhere.The Anti,s are impossible to deal with,their ignorance is legendary,ignorance is something we may fail to ever overcome,thus the ban will never ever be lifted for the lads that course,the mounted packs chasing Charlie boy about the countyrside will possibly fare better in the near future,the sport of the plebs will have to be undertaken by the few hardy souls that can run fast,have the cunning of the fox,or like Magistrates,pre-ban it was easier,at times?.

• Like 4

The antis and the authorities are on a loosing battle focusing on the hunts. So there putting all the resources into coursing. The hunts have stuck together and fought the ban and I think they've won. But coursing well there's been no comradeship no support for fellow hunting enthusiastic s we haven't stuck together hence the police and antis.

• Like 3

The antis and the authorities are on a loosing battle focusing on the hunts. So there putting all the resources into coursing. The hunts have stuck together and fought the ban and I think they've won. But coursing well there's been no comradeship no support for fellow hunting enthusiastic s we haven't stuck together hence the police and antis.

in the past by its very nature lurcher work has always been secretive but the internet put pay to that, hunts have the security of large numbers supporting each hunt pack that all sing from the same song sheet but theres no way that can happen with individual lurchermen, so we are the easy target.

I agree we are the easy target. But coursing was not as secretive as lampung or mooching it was in the public spectrum as horse and hounds Paulus. But I do agree with you. Lol

outside of the coursing circle how many people witnessed it :hmm: where as the hunts put a spectacle on every boxing and new years day with their meets :laugh:

Hunt packs,mounted or foot,have centuries of organisation and affiliation behind them,the nature of their sport is based around pack membership and the said affiliations,this then as a major bearing on their united front.the majority of lads coursing,apart from the few Greyhound clubs etc,are individuals,its their uniqueness that as been the major barrier in showing a united front.Most lads have little time for the ban,even pre-ban laws in existence,ban or not they will just carry on regardless of others laws or opinions.

My thoughts are that i run dogs and don,t shoot,the majority of shooters are honest,hard working souls that have as much right to shoot as we should have to course Hares,the numbers mentioned on shoots may seem excessive to the ill informed,they are a necessary evil at times,im just envious that they don,t suffer the same restrictions as the dog lads,thats not the shooters fault just ignorance elsewhere.The Anti,s are impossible to deal with,their ignorance is legendary,ignorance is something we may fail to ever overcome,thus the ban will never ever be lifted for the lads that course,the mounted packs chasing Charlie boy about the countyrside will possibly fare better in the near future,the sport of the plebs will have to be undertaken by the few hardy souls that can run fast,have the cunning of the fox,or like Magistrates,pre-ban it was easier,at times?.

Well for me the hard working shooters ,need to shoot straight.Some nasty wounded hares I seen.

Well for me the hard working shooters ,need to shoot straight.Some nasty wounded hares I seen.

Ive also seen quarry escape from the jaw of a less resolute lurcher,certainly injured.Shooters don,t have a monopoly on this,as i said earlier ignorance is the biggest obstacle we face,even from within at times.

• Like 7

when the marches and demos were on i knew treble the amount of lurcher folk that didnt go on any or didnt put any input in to trying to stop the ban as i did ones that actually did anything to help says it all really .imo the main probleni is the general public as a rule beleive all the hype and bullshit that the police and press are spouting about coursing ie theiving gangs of hardened criminals going round the country betting obscene amounts of money on which dog can rip the hare apart first ,and while the general public are reading and beleiving all this crap we are to put it bluntly well and truly f****d . and if the rumours about the hunts being allowed to start hunting with full packs instead of just 2 hounds we will be even further in the mire .

• Like 3