What Time Do Yous Feed

Same as Borderscot, i feed late at night.

I never feed in the morning normally though because as we know running with food on their stomach will probably lead to gastric torsion....i never know what the day will hold, what time they will get their walk, if they are going to work with me or if they have an accidental chase, so the dogs are not confined to certain times for outings because of what they may have in their belly.

The dogs are well fed and fit enough to be able to withstand a few hours on the lamp without needing extra feed. If i know i am going out for a long hard slog and a long journey away then i do feed the morning prior.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No set routine here i feed them as and when they need it. Was brought up told meat eaters don't benefit out if routine and as I do a few diffrent things with dogs at diffrent times of day then I think

heres a tissue, wipe yir chin.. plenty other threads to post in   i picked up a couple things from this thread that will help, cant complain

how to be independent

Bed time mine get fed, settles them for the night and I don't like letting them run with food inside them.

Those of you who give a light feed before lamping does the dog not learn that and become a pain in the arse? My old dog knew when I was thinking about going lamping and started acting up, if he had a feed that confirmed it he'd of been a right tw@. What happens if something comes up and you don't get out?

Same as Borderscot, i feed late at night.

I never feed in the morning normally though because as we know running with food on their stomach will probably lead to gastric torsion....i never know what the day will hold, what time they will get their walk, if they are going to work with me or if they have an accidental chase, so the dogs are not confined to certain times for outings because of what they may have in their belly.

The dogs are well fed and fit enough to be able to withstand a few hours on the lamp without needing extra feed. If i know i am going out for a long hard slog and a long journey away then i do feed the morning prior.

Thought you'd gone Moll!!! Haven't seen a post from you in ages. Back as a mod eh. :thumbs:

shes mostly been fed on wainrights dry food and started giving her some of the canned wainrights meat aswell all for pups, shes had a few chicken thighs(you guys were right), might start giving her more meat.. i see alot of yous feed pasta

i vary as they soon become use to a routine and noise can quickly become an issue although i do prefer to feed early morning,

Paulus your [BANNED TEXT] about the noise mate, ive been feeding mine between 5 & 6 an she dont shut up until she got food

What does everybody do with pups. I have a 5month old beddyXwhippet, currently being fed 3 times a day morning/afternoon/night...meat, fish, carcasses, bit of rice etc. She was getting fed 4 times a day but have recently dropped her too 3 as she was leaving one of the 2 middle feeds. This is my first running type dog and obviously want to get it right, which I think I am upto now.

What does everybody do with pups. I have a 5month old beddyXwhippet, currently being fed 3 times a day morning/afternoon/night...meat, fish, carcasses, bit of rice etc. She was getting fed 4 times a day but have recently dropped her too 3 as she was leaving one of the 2 middle feeds. This is my first running type dog and obviously want to get it right, which I think I am upto now.

Small and often with pups as your doing.

Bed time mine get fed, settles them for the night and I don't like letting them run with food inside them.

Those of you who give a light feed before lamping does the dog not learn that and become a pain in the arse? My old dog knew when I was thinking about going lamping and started acting up, if he had a feed that confirmed it he'd of been a right tw@. What happens if something comes up and you don't get out?

No,,,, cos I feed around 4-5 pm everyday ,,,it's not out the ordinary ,,,I also feed a full meal at that time,,,and if I'm doing a usual all nighter like tonight,,, I also give her some food when I finish ,, back at the car...

That's why I like feeding at tea time,,, cos weather it's lamping that night,,, or ferreting the next morning,, the dogs not gone 24 hours without food