Newcastle/sunderland

Nah thats against the rules that.....a West Ham fan would get lynched turning up at The Den to follow Millwall......by both clubs !

I dont know about olden times but i know just before they went to the Stadium of Light the capacity of Roker Park was down around 23,000...........like i say i preferred it the place had character........................it will be the same for my little mob when we get in the Olympic Stadium it wont be a patch on The Boleyn................but its what they call progress apparently !!

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well shit in your hat and punch it......would you adam and eve it !!.....................He was right all along the boy ......well in Max   Im probably as relieved as you are that i havent spent th

i`m that engrossed in this i stuck my hand in the tin of roses without looking unwrapped it and i`ve had a fooking strawberry one

FFS I've never been so interested in whether somone has a ticket or not since watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Posted Images

Your not listening

The Collierys had no affinity to Hartlepool

It was a them and us think for the best part

Collieries followed SAFC or Nufc

That colliery hartlepool rivalry has gone for the best part

Maybe George Bowes helped in that a little

As did Brian Honour

A colliery lad who was a Pools legend

I am listening i just think its daft.......you cant have an affinity to a club round the corner thats against the football fans rules :D ......How can it be a rivalry one year but not the next........football rivalries break up families and friendships its as much about areas as about clubs.......a couple of funny little stories a mate of mine for years was after a certain car....a very expensive car......he eventually found one through a dealer and bought it as it was his dream car that he,d always wanted.......on the log book it stated the previous owner was Edward Sherringham......a Millwall icon of the day....................he sold the car the same day and lost a lot of money on it :D

When we was youngsters my family was friends with Terry Hurlocks family.....he was a bit older than me but his brother Tony was my pal our dads were drinking pals etc we all knocked about amongst the same people........Terry played for West Ham youth team when he was 15 or 16 we was all made up it was great..........in the mid 80,s he moved to Millwall....................we havent spoke since :laugh: even his own brother only just started speaking to him again a few years ago.........it was a great move for him and he ended up having a good career.....he had some good times up at Rangers all on the back of his performances for Millwall so it was common sense to take his career forward..............but thats the rivalry its about far more than just the football clubs its the area,schools,estates,work everything you do in life from school onwards.......obviously you dont take it quite so serious when you get to my age the passion dies a bit.......but its always simmering beneath the surface and is often just a natural reaction in everyday life as those couple of little stories show.......daft really but its what your brought up with i suppose.

Like the other fella said i just dont see how a rivalry can be that intense in everyday life when the clubs are not even in the same City.....kids at school,boys clubs,pubs in the area etc will all support the same club....................All that seperates a West Ham pub from a Millwall pub or estate is the Thames :D

Anyway i think rivalries are great they keep things healthy whether its football or in your personal life you will always give that little bit more of yourself against a rival.... meaning they will always bring out the best in you........as an example all the fighting at footie in the 70,s and 80,s was just young lads having a laugh.......until it came to Millwall then there was nothing more serious.

What a boring world it would be without rivalry be it sport or life in general.

Edited by gnasher16

Rangers v Celtic

118,000 plus

Again in the 30's

That's some crowd

Celtic v Rangers

85'000 plus

I'm sure that 118,000 was at Hamden cup final before the rangers fans take the moral high ground lol.

I admire fans like you max who support smaller teams. I've a feeling you'll win. My own teams going to get taught a football lesson the night Barca style :laugh: in saying that, now the pressures off we will probably win :D

Smaller teams ffs

Fan Wise

And Loyalty

Thru mainly bad times

Very bad times

Clubs don't come much Bigger Baw

I mean in your league. You ain't gonna tell me your clubs one of the big boys are you? My clubs came through rough times but I've also seen good days too. Europa league finals etc. fans of clubs like yours don't get to see many cup finals etc, that's what I meant.