Ian Church Lakelands

I doubt Mr.Church would be happy with some of the crud brought up on here in his name,the time and effort he puts into what he now has in his kennels,would leave the vast majority of us in the shade,he likes a smart dog,he wins shows,shows,shows and shows,he likes to put work infront of his kennel,at times,thus a smarter than the average jukel and some of them that see a shovel or two,whats the problem?,the money that passes between some of these lads for dogs is their concern,it was not to long ago a kennel got wiped out in that area with dogs worth a small fortune,how many now are winning shows and working mutts that did,nt put Ians dedication and outlay into,yet are reaping the reward of what the dog nappers enabled them to own?.

As said I think its more the peddlars who have paid ridiculous money for workers/jackers & breed from them regardless. Ians dogs are renowned for looks, quite simply some of the pricks that keep this line know the pups will sell regardless whether or not the parents work. I've been told he kept some tidy grafters & his dogs had to work, just a shame he didn't keep them to himself.

He always kept them to himself but when you need fresh blood what do you do.like I said Ian still works his dogs even though they have the looks.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All you lads on here having a good moan about workers and show dogs. There was a legend of a man died last week that kept through out his life time some of the nicest and hardest Lakeland terriers T

Thats right people, 5 years or so ago the section had some good people on, and some great days and pics put up. Constructive comment was and still is nice, but who does ask and post, theres still onl

I think the main reason lads dont post about digs is the heat thats on lads thses days , either terriers being stolen or lads gettin unwanted visits off the police or rspca.Lads may just want to go ab

Posted Images

Don't know why this guy is being slaughtered for breeding tidy working terriers I knew a guy fae Glasgow had a really nice jack Russell up on the leg easy span-able black patch over its eye black spot to the base of its tail two year old And hadn't seen a thing yet at the shows there were guys over getting the owners phone number because the dog could win at shows this was in the eighties even then there were people breeding from non workers for the show ring at least the man in question from what I have read as I don't know him from Adam breeds lookers that work.

Don't know why this guy is being slaughtered for breeding tidy working terriers I knew a guy fae Glasgow had a really nice jack Russell up on the leg easy span-able black patch over its eye black spot to the base of its tail two year old And hadn't seen a thing yet at the shows there were guys over getting the owners phone number because the dog could win at shows this was in the eighties even then there were people breeding from non workers for the show ring at least the man in question from what I have read as I don't know him from Adam breeds lookers that work.

You've hit the nail on the head mate,if you want it you will pay it at the end of the day it's your money not theres.but Ian bred both dogs which he sold for that money and had the dogs for a good few years before he sold them.so nobody can say he is in it for the money when the dogs were on abit before they go.they also worked and served his own stock when he needed a new pup or 2 to run on.

Never heard of a chocolate lakey, thought church's dogs were ALL red or B/T? Maybe the choc lakeys you claim that are that breeding are not pure lakeys McCabe?

Ian has never had chocolate dog.he started with a border dog called buster which he changed the name from butcher.then went into the blackuns then lakeies.

I started the thread don't know were the chocolate came from the dog I got is a smooth red dog

I heard they do very well in shows

I also beleive he,s picked up a couple of Bellman sets from his best entered at the same shows,nothing wrong with a smart worker.
people on here make me laugh does it really matter [BANNED TEXT] they look like surely work got to come first I do go to the odd show never won fuuckall just a crack but [BANNED TEXT] I will say most judges ive seen are looking at the wrong end of the lead dont get me wrong I won't win anway no arguments here just stating a fact coz on sum shows it's blatant that's why shows should be taken with a pinch of salt long as they work who gives a f**k

Last time I was at a show, whilst standing their watching the lurcher class a fella in front of me had a nice strong looking nuttal type dog, another fella asked him if he worked it, " no it's to good with the kids" . That was the last time I went to a show and with threads like this It proves I'm not missing nothing.

• Like 5

Last time I was at a show, whilst standing their watching the lurcher class a fella in front of me had a nice strong looking nuttal type dog, another fella asked him if he worked it, " no it's to good with the kids" . That was the last time I went to a show and with threads like this It proves I'm not missing nothing.

my mate woz in a dog show this year and a very well known terrier man came up to him for a chat he had a nice chocolate dog on a lead my mate asked had much with the dog two firsts and a second woz his reply my mate nearly choked on his pint
  • Like 3

The people who keep these worker / show dogs must have some money if they can afford to pay silly amounts for pups then pop them when they fail. Or do they ?.

The last two i had cost me zilch,gifted as long as i lined nothing and sold no pups from them,i was offered decent money to line a couple of bitches,bitches that only entered show rings.Many of these dogs cost a small fortune,many are gifted,many work and many do not.Its what the individual is prepared to pay,prepared to show work or play.At the end of the day the lad,s and lasses feeding the mutts are the only ones accountable for what they want from the said mutts,as long as its kept honest then who really gives a tug.There are enough doggy,s,of the correct type and temperament,to keep most pockets and people happyish?.