Allrounders

hey lookup this jakes uncle, just to say that my pup off your dog charlie is earning her keep on our beating line once a fortnight and since loosing her mother this year shes been worked on her own and has started marking the rabbit holes at last ! so not quite an allrounder by she,ll do for me, cheers plum!

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is my old lad ..given me some very pleasurable days ..put a good aray of quarry in the bag over the years. one of those dogs when land you are walking seems barren nothing about .then from somew

There two alrounders

Posted Images

this is my old lad ..given me some very pleasurable days ..put a good aray of quarry in the bag over the years.

one of those dogs when land you are walking seems barren nothing about .then from somewhere he will find something and no matter what it

was he seemed to put it in the bag 9 times out of ten.could put good numbers in the bag on the lamp loved the teeth and also loved the tasty stuff day or night..been one hell of a dog for me .. :thumbs: ran down south and up north .and always put 101 percent in..

attachicon.gifw hare.jpg

fine looking animal that,whats his breeding pal,any better pics of him.

cheers ive got a good few pics of him but struggling to get certain one up.hes breeding on his sire side was saluki xgrey and his dam side was lurcher x lurcher breeding a bit of everthing ..

post-4253-0-51121500-1383935940.jpg

post-4253-0-13045200-1383936174.jpg

post-4253-0-00848700-1383936206.jpg

hes been a good animal for me .and what i would an allrounder in my eyes .i say that because he did all what i asked him to ..he wasnt a ferreting dog .

because i aint a ferreter .so never trained him to that ..but he took everthing i wanted him to .could hunt off the leader all day.ect ect ..

now he wasnt a master of any certain game..i would say his best attibute was on daytime hares in the small fields local to me ..could put a few in the bag on the fens too .but he aint no fen dog..thats for sure.his best on the lamp on the bunnies was 64. i know theres lads who have put alot ore in the bag but like i say he was what he was ..just a very good honest dog that you could take anywhere ..on most things and he would 9 times out of 10 do you proud.couldnt ask anymore then that..

• Like 8

Sorry for the picture quality....that was me in the eighties with a collie greyhound bitch , she took 11 white hares in 2 mornings ok it was on long thick heather and they aren't as quick as their cousins but she was a top bitch fair play !

The collie greyhound dog in the small picture is 14 months old now and just starting his career !

post-36900-0-63899100-1384029187.jpg

post-36900-0-49768900-1384029214_thumb.jpg

post-36900-0-03521500-1384029231_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A couple of pics of mine taken last year, does everything i ask and more.

2012-02-181726191.jpg

2012-02-181726251.jpg

A dog with a head like a bucket as an allrounder :laugh: bet that's great behind a hare :laugh:

What makes your dog an allrounder ?

• Like 1