Public Footpaths.

believe me i went through it with the oldbill hes a local copper lived round this way all his life he knows the law like the back of his hand

I bet if he witnessed you lamping rabbits along a footpath you would be up at court for trespass in pursuit of game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't believe that folk ask shit like this. I mean, isn't it basic logical thought? Otherwise known as common sense?   How do folk manage to work out day to day basics in life?

4 pages ,,,, Jesus,, you lot can dress it up how you like,,, malc. Civil offence,,lol,, going equipped,,   Lads if your court on land you don't have permission with game,, it's poaching plain and si

if you see anyone shine the lamp into their face and run like f**k

I'm sure I remember reading that all footpaths were off limits after dark???

That rings a bell for me as well ?! I've found this

Other don'ts for users of public rights of way.

You are not allowed to disturb or harm any wildlife found on a public right of way.

You should not drop or leave litter on a public right of way.

You should not trepass on neighbouring lands to public rights of way. At all times keep to the legal limits!

we only have one footpath and its criss crossed with electric horse fences/styles/horses/sheep/cattle/ditches/rabbit holes and all manner of other obstacles to walk it at night without a lamp or torch would be an accident waiting to happen

By the time I get home from work, its dark and if I wanna take my dog into the country I have to walk on the footpaths when its dark. I am not going to stumble around in the dark without a torch, turning ankles and loosing my dog.

Just got in been out all night we started on a bit of permission we got till about one then made out way home the long way around and though the dales at about 3 we had about 12 dead rabbits on the back seat footwell. My pal was lamping out of window just aving a look in fields and police pulled up behind us. He asked what we were doing and we told him we was on our way home and just been nosy lamping fields looking for rabbits to see if it is worth asking for farmers permission in the future. we showed him our permission slip from a farm that was 30 miles away. He wasnt daft he new the score he checked if we had any hares under the dead rabbits and then checked motor was all ok and there were no out standing warrants and then told us to go straight home and not come back or he will do us for poaching next time.

• Like 1

Just got in been out all night we started on a bit of permission we got till about one then made out way home the long way around and though the dales at about 3 we had about 12 dead rabbits on the back seat footwell. My pal was lamping out of window just aving a look in fields and police pulled up behind us. He asked what we were doing and we told him we was on our way home and just been nosy lamping fields looking for rabbits to see if it is worth asking for farmers permission in the future. we showed him our permission slip from a farm that was 30 miles away. He wasnt daft he new the score he checked if we had any hares under the dead rabbits and then checked motor was all ok and there were no out standing warrants and then told us to go straight home and not come back or he will do us for poaching next time.

sounds like lady luck was with you danny ;)

At least HE knew the score!

4 pages ,,,, Jesus,, you lot can dress it up how you like,,, malc. Civil offence,,lol,, going equipped,,

Lads if your court on land you don't have permission with game,, it's poaching plain and simple,,weather keepers copers or farmers catch you,,, now if the copers are present ,, your going to the cells for the night,, and up befor a magistrate next morning ,,provided its not sat night,,,

Sometimes though you catch a break and the landowner ,,keeper,, might just fook you off,,

• Like 4

Not a lot from the cops and court,, just fined and an night in cells,,,, sometimes keepers or even farmers can go over the top,, I have herd of lads getting kickings ect,,,or the motors trashed,,

I've never had that,,but it does happen

Years ago got caught ferreting off a keeper got a good hiding off him and his mate and when a got back to the motor all the tyres had been done.

hope you went back ferretting and slashed his tyres,...you know...pay back the favour.

Couldn't agree more. If somebody did that to me I would make sure they were a lot worse than I was

i think that day is gone as far as some keeper catching you and kicking the living shit out of you for the oddbit of lamping,but if it ever happened to me i would take the law into my own hands, cause havox around the estate,i would lamp everything,rabbits,hares,pheasants and deer,and i would take revenge on the keeper and his mate,these keepers only do things in two,s so revenge would be sweet....as they say here in ireland...united they stand...divided they fall.,

4 pages ,,,, Jesus,, you lot can dress it up how you like,,, malc. Civil offence,,lol,, going equipped,,

Lads if your court on land you don't have permission with game,, it's poaching plain and simple,,weather keepers copers or farmers catch you,,, now if the copers are present ,, your going to the cells for the night,, and up befor a magistrate next morning ,,provided its not sat night,,,

Sometimes though you catch a break and the landowner ,,keeper,, might just fook you off,,

Bang on :thumbs:

The excuses people are putting on this topic :laugh: like the law have never heard them before :D