New Pup

Here is a pic of my new pup,she is now 9 months old and she was sold to me as a collie x grey x whippet / collie saluki, grey, out of top class parents

She has been out lamping a few times but seems to be scared of the dark which is a bit of a bummer as I was told the old yarn that her parents knock em over night after night, blah, blah and she cost me a considerable

sum because of her 'lamping bloodlines' and she still hasn't caught anything apart from a Myxy rabbit.

Anyway time will tell.

post-55-0-06948100-1383381470_thumb.jpg

maybe her parents were shit hot on the lamp, its just the thing you cant always judge a pup by its lines. You might not have been lied to. Pricetag can sometimes mean nothing, ive spoken to lads whove been given lurchers for free, or bought them for 50 quid, and theyve been cracking dogs. on big land, lamp, day time. the lot.

hope she comes good for you anyway mate.

Here is a pic of my new pup,she is now 9 months old and she was sold to me as a collie x grey x whippet / collie saluki, grey, out of top class parents

She has been out lamping a few times but seems to be scared of the dark which is a bit of a bummer as I was told the old yarn that her parents knock em over night after night, blah, blah and she cost me a considerable

sum because of her 'lamping bloodlines' and she still hasn't caught anything apart from a Myxy rabbit.

Anyway time will tell.

time will tell mate,you only get out what you put in,its young plenty time,dont rush slowly slowy, and make it fun atb mc

you were probable told the truth about the dog. just because the sire and dam are good dogs that doesn't mean the pup will be. I saw litters before where both sire and dam were great dogs and the hole litter turned out to be siht and so dealt with. I had a dog here up to last week who I had big hopes for, his sire is a 3/8bull 5/8hound and the best fox dog iv seen and his dam is a very good wheaten/hound but the dog I got was useless he was scared shitless of the dark hated teeth wouldn't catch a rabbit to save his life and never fukced up howling needless to say where he is now. not all good dogs are good producers but it is a good starting point. just do your best with her and see how she turns out that's all you can do.

Anyway time will tell.

Anyway time will tell.

Take it back mate , I know for a fact the fella who bred it does fk all with his dogs , he,s all talk. :yes:

I was going to put a post up almost word for word apart from mines 11 month, picked the dog up for a bit of company for my 2 year old Weimaraner and picking up a few rabbits on the lamp... I wasn't promised that the dog was a top worker but was told he was keen and needed bringing on ...iv never come across a dog that's scared of the dark until I picked this little fella up! Don't even think he's even seen many a rabbit let alone course one...

..Anyway the dogs here to stay and I'm not giving up just because I was told a few pork pies, I dare say the person I bought him off was expecting just because his lines where exceptional he would be nailing things at 6 month...not always the case and if you push a young dog into something it's not ready for you will damage dog for the future...I think patients will be the key with a late starter!

From what Iv read on here they either find a decent owner and turn out good working dogs or bounce from numpty owner to numpty owner through no fault of there own! Hope the dog turns out well for you mate there's no reason he shouldn't with the right chance.

• 3 weeks later...