Bull Whippet

I would not be without my bull whippet ...my bitch has the highest prey drive and spirit I have ever seen in a working dog ..I've said it before she may not be the fastest but she sure makes up for it in other departments ....I will always keep this breed as it seems to suit my hunting ways ..

• Like 3

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Max ..21tts ..coming up 7 yr old ,a decent all rounder .  

Pm blackstaff plenty of pics of his on here,good honest dog  

In all honesty I can't really see the use of a bull/whip when there are a fair few bull/greys about that are under 24tts that could do anything you ask and more. Mine is about 22/23tts and to be hones

the dogs of blackstaffs are cracking specimans,but they are of bigland boy[whippet greyhound]the smaller type f1 not many topping 20 inch, thin skin,heavy muscle on light bones may have the minerals for smashing cover as mine do,but these dogs can not do 3 or 4 days back to back when there is cover around.a pedigree bullxwhippet would have all on catching rats in a barn as neither dogs in the makeup are fast enough to catch much.the bull mine is out of is a working import

got 2 half xs,non ped racing whippetx athletic bull type.i think the lads who think there the biz either have low standards or a good bit of greyhound in there cross

What does athletic type mean?Maybe that could be the problem
If only genetics were that simple. An athletic type bull breed and a leggy/beefy whippet will/may have other types within their breeding and in the half cross of some such dogs some beauties may be created. And the odd lump

the odd lump

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

not in the best of shape in these pics :icon_redface:

• Like 2

Has anyone ever tryed a 3/8 5/8 bull/whippet that jp breeds

a friend of mine been out with jp and his bull/whips stud dogs a black halfx and a 3/8 5/8 choc or red dog, and where both over 22" and owned 2 him self, and said they where very poor even when they was doubled up! But he couldn't speak for the bitches because they was all in pup!

the dogs of blackstaffs are cracking specimans,but they are of bigland boy[whippet greyhound]the smaller type f1 not many topping 20 inch, thin skin,heavy muscle on light bones may have the minerals for smashing cover as mine do,but these dogs can not do 3 or 4 days back to back when there is cover around.a pedigree bullxwhippet would have all on catching rats in a barn as neither dogs in the makeup are fast enough to catch much.the bull mine is out of is a working import

Bigland boy is 3/4whip 1/4 grey and 24" put to a 18" Stafford and the dogs blackstaff kept are 21 and just under.

I would come back with an informed answer and constructive argument to all that's been said about my dogs, but I feel I don't need to. Those that have been out with me know they ' walk the walk ' and myself as a handler know their limitations and always try and play to their strengths. Those people that have commented on my dogs that know nothing about them, haven't seen them in the field, have not measured them, have not weighed them or seen their work ethic first hand I salute you in your fantastic insight into my steeds from looking at 1 picture :notworthy:

In all seriousness, if you want more pictures of my useless mongrels there are plenty posted on here in my previous stuff :thumbs: I will post some recent ones soon, just been busy with life !!

• Like 4

I would come back with an informed answer and constructive argument to all that's been said about my dogs, but I feel I don't need to. Those that have been out with me know they ' walk the walk ' and myself as a handler know their limitations and always try and play to their strengths. Those people that have commented on my dogs that know nothing about them, haven't seen them in the field, have not measured them, have not weighed them or seen their work ethic first hand I salute you in your fantastic insight into my steeds from looking at 1 picture :notworthy:

In all seriousness, if you want more pictures of my useless mongrels there are plenty posted on here in my previous stuff :thumbs: I will post some recent ones soon, just been busy with life !!

That's your problem....too much time out doing it ...instead of sitting behind a laptop :laugh: good honest post ,awaiting recent pics :thumbs: ATB Dave

• Like 2

I love working my F1 bull whippet. He is never going to be a fen dog, or do big numbers on the lamp. But what he makes me do is tingle, to see a 22" lion hearted dog bust a gut to catch everything he comes across is such a simple pleasure. And when he connects with something that his stature suggests he shouldn't cope with, those supposed deficiencies go out of the window. Too many people want a see all, find all, catch all and kill all dog, but I think they are missing the point

Edited by trenchfoot
  • Like 2

mines 23inch tts,very fast,good strike,runs clever,steady as a rock about pheasants,sheep,.and great temprament.he does struggle on certain things,but i didnt buy him for that purpose,there ferreting,lamping dogs,but he will bowl and pin most things never gives up.good nose will track wounded game flat out.

In all honesty I can't really see the use of a bull/whip when there are a fair few bull/greys about that are under 24tts that could do anything you ask and more. Mine is about 22/23tts and to be honest in the last 4 so years I've owned him I've never wanted him any taller.I've spoken to a fair few with bull/whips and although they normally start off well there owners usually find them lacking after a while. If you want a good rabbiter get a pure whip. If you wanted a preban fox or deer dog get a bull/grey. As a little mess about but gives its all then go for a bull/whip but like I say many who I have spoken to and have an honest opinion on them usually find them lacking. Just my opinion. Atb

668A881A-E64D-4BFD-89DD-B57EC1727D8E-101

Edited by fitchet
  • Like 4

I can't see the point of a bull x greyhound, wheezy, bad feet, tissue paper skin, no real speed, but I defend anyone's right to choose one,

Blackstaff's bull whippet ain't far off of your 22" bull grey. I'd say his is the better dog and yours is some kind of under developed runt.

• Like 2