John Parks Terriers

Mr harcombe used the parks bred dog he had to produce the big ron dog then slated the parks dog but if you read on big ron in turn produced more workers for him and others on down the line without any mention of the original dog and to slate a certain line of dog on his limited experience of them was childish there s good and bad in all lines and mr harcombe well knows that he s bred failures like all the rest reguardless of what blood they had in there veins

Im sure it was Stan who was out of the Park dog Tim and Ron was out of Stan.

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just afew old pics of JP'S LINE, taken early 60's to 70's and one of a black un ? sorry for the poor quality but i had to take a pic of a pic ?

Mr harcombe used the parks bred dog he had to produce the big ron dog then slated the parks dog but if you read on big ron in turn produced more workers for him and others on down the line without any

One of the few well know terrier men who keeps himself to himself and cares more for his dogs than fame money or rosettes he breeds for work some work some dont same as all the rest and i dont own a p

Posted Images

Guest alcapone

Seen a few dogs out of stanley start strong but fail in their second season,think the wheeler blood will be his undoing from what ive seen. Ive an old parkes bred bitch here that goes right back to ray walkers simmey when JP used him,when put back to her own family produced working dogs,when put to stanley the entire litter failed,bitch is nearly 7yr old and been a decent enough bitch still going well.

Maybe he could already see something in his dogs that he wasnt happy with.Im sure a man who had kept his own family of dogs relatively pure for as long as he had would of had good reason to bring a bitch bred the way cindy was as an outcross.
Be interesting know if JP has folded Stan back into his line or did he not suit him as an outcross after all? Maybe someone on here could shed some light on the question?

Seen a few dogs out of stanley start strong but fail in their second season,think the wheeler blood will be his undoing from what ive seen. Ive an old parkes bred bitch here that goes right back to ray walkers simmey when JP used him,when put back to her own family produced working dogs,when put to stanley the entire litter failed,bitch is nearly 7yr old and been a decent enough bitch still going well.

Maybe he could already see something in his dogs that he wasnt happy with.Im sure a man who had kept his own family of dogs relatively pure for as long as he had would of had good reason to bring a bitch bred the way cindy was as an outcross.

Was Cindy any good in the ground ?

Be interesting know if JP has folded Stan back into his line or did he not suit him as an outcross after all? Maybe someone on here could shed some light on the question?

Surely you could ask him , saying you used Stanley on your bitch , :unsure: .

Guest alcapone

Aeron I didn't own the bitch when she was mated to Stanley,my friend packed up with terriers and I bought her,I've dug over her for 3 seasons whilst he owned her and has proved to be a decent animal,I owned her uncle and nephew,both we're lost to ground.

Edited by alcapone

Theres five of parkes dogs on the cover of plummers book,eb8e36c622a0223f7d0e9110.L.jpg

ive either forgotten or dont know the red dogs names,but the black dog is called Boozer,i had a bitch off this dog that was 100%.

Had a daughter of Boozers myself. Had a hell of a lot of stuff with her in the 15 years she lived.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Does JP have a line, I would say not.

Edited to say Black dog ain't his line

who's line is this then ?? how long has the black dogs been in this line ? ile get a very old pic up and lets see if theres any similarity between the two ???

• Like 5

Great pics Co Chise... :yes:

Anyone who knows John Park knows the mans integrity to the world of working terriers, he stands alone at the top of the tree for that...

The last of the real greats IMO...

Ain't seen that dust cover in quite a few years but one of the dogs John has on couples is Mick, or Micky as I knew it, hell of a dog to dig to and produced some very good gear. ;)

Great pics Co Chise... :yes:

Anyone who knows John Park knows the mans integrity to the world of working terriers, he stands alone at the top of the tree for that...

The last of the real greats IMO...

Ain't seen that dust cover in quite a few years but one of the dogs John has on couples is Mick, or Micky as I knew it, hell of a dog to dig to and produced some very good gear. ;)

• Like 1