Holding Rabbits

A mate of mine has asked if I would be able to get him some rabbits for his pen. This would mean that once the rabbit is netted, I need to keep it alive and I am wondering if anyone has ever done this and if so, how do you go about holding the rabbits so you can continue ferreting. Thought about making a decent size box to stick a few in but just looking for some suggestions.

Cheers Lads.

i was once told if you cut lengths of the cardboard tube you get in the centre of carpets and flatten one end with your foot and then let the rabbit go in you can crush the other end with your foot and stack loads in your car boot :whistling:

Terrier box I use to relocate rabbits or to restock land that is sparse with rabbits

Rc1

Thats it. Admit to something illegal on a public forum ;)

Is it really illegal ?.

I know releasing grey squirrels is illegal ,,,,but are you sure about rabbits,,, now the morals of it might be a bit grey,, cos I dowr there's many landowners that would be happy about it

• Like 2

Terrier box I use to relocate rabbits or to restock land that is sparse with rabbits

Rc1

Thats it. Admit to something illegal on a public forum ;)

Is it really illegal ?.

I know releasing grey squirrels is illegal ,,,,but are you sure about rabbits,,, now the morals of it might be a bit grey,, cos I dowr there's many landowners that would be happy about it

Releasing rabbits isn't illegal, or if it is no one on here has ever been able to find the legislation that makes it so. Matt the rat is shit hot at finding relevant bits of legislation about subjects like this and he has tried and failed on many occasions..

I keep a few alive and just put them in the game bag mate never had a proble don't overthink it also in the dark they stay calm and don't try to escape have tried using boxes and there bouncing off the walls as they get freaked out

Hessian sack out of sight and dark enough so they sit still and it will let plenty air in

hessian sacking will kill rabbits if they chew on it, boxes are best.
Elaborate? Hessian material is woven jute fibres. Jute being made a non toxic, non poisonous set of plant fibres in some cases or the jute plant itself which is also not harmful, I would of said they could chew it fine... As far as I am aware, they continue to make them without treating them with anything so they are biodegradable... Edited by Bunny Boiler