• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't really know what constitutes "tipping it in"..... To me it all depends what head of different fish there are. What size the carp run to etc etc .........if there is a lot of nice carp in the u

love using the tutti's still as good now as they was all that time ago.....     location is far more important...

Been there and done it , now its as little tackle as possible traveling light stalking along the river with only my self to please , looking for chub and barbel

Posted Images

20mm nash pineapple tiped with orange fake corn works for me .

thats a big old bait for winter,not saying it doesnt work for you,i use around 14mm this time year a lot of 12s as well as you say at times tipped with a piece fake corn criticaly balanced seems to produce well as does popped up corn like anything really depends on the water we all learn quick what works on certain waters and what doesnt theres a whole world of presentation methods out there depending on the type of water/bottom coditions etc.

had a lot of good results last year using zig rigs when all others on the lake blanking day to day in very cold conditions :thumbs:

Edited by hunter1372

20mm nash pineapple tiped with orange fake corn works for me .

thats a big old bait for winter,not saying it doesnt work for you,i use around 14mm this time year a lot of 12s as well as you say at times tipped with a piece fake corn criticaly balanced seems to produce well as does popped up corn like anything really depends on the water we all learn quick what works on certain waters and what doesnt theres a whole world of presentation methods out there depending on the type of water/bottom coditions etc.

had a lot of good results last year using zig rigs when all others on the lake blanking day to day in very cold conditions :thumbs:

big baits keep away nuisance fish .theres no way am geting up at silly oclock for a bream or somet ha lol
  • Like 2

This is why I got out of Carp fishing....all got a bit too serious .....does anyone honestly believe the size of a boilie will determine wether a carp will eat it or not....12mm 14mm 20mm :blink: I understand the need to stop nuisance fish taking baits but FFS....there only fish :yes: I do believe some of the rigs,baits etc can give an angler an edge....but only because it gives them confidence.It really doesn't have to be this difficult JMHO :thumbs:

You've got to enjoy your time on the bank, whatever your after, i don't compete against anyone, i just try to enjoy as much as i can and if i get a few, well it's a good day. ;) But i still have a few secret rigs and baits. :tongue2::laugh: Just get out there, it's better than that box in your living room. :thumbs:

• Like 2

+1 ...If only fish were as gullible as fisherman :laugh: ...might be an age thing Billy...when I was younger I remember going home for different rods as the tip snapped on one of my carp rods...so I wouldn't have a matched pair on my buzzer bars....back to the house for a PAIR of 3lbTC pike rods,for carp fishing on a canal :wallbash::icon_redface: what a knob :laugh: happy just to be there nowadays :thumbs::D

• Like 1

That's what it's all about, just being there, some don't enjoy it as much because there to worried that they might blank or they haven't got the latest pod, rod's, bivvy etc. I've done the tarty thing myself the all stainless shiny set up, weighs half a ton in scrap but i've carried it half a mile to my favourite swim, it all look's great with my stainless indicaters to match, i don't care if i blank coz my set up look's great :laugh::icon_redface: you should use whatever tackle you have, them fish will still take a bait if your rod is'nt worth £250 :laugh: and how daft you look when the local farm lad comes down with his tesco rod and reel and pulls out the biggest fish :tongue2: i love to see that happen now, i used to go mad saying to mates "he's only been here 5 minutes" :laugh: it's a great thing to be into and now i enjoy it for what it is. (i still love it when i get a cracker) :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

Great fish gibbo and your right the tutti's are still a great bait, i don't use them as much as i should but i did use them a few times through the summer and did ok, not as good as you, by the look's of thing's. :thumbs:

still a deadly bait had a load of fish on singles on weedy waters. people seem to be put off by bright colours on harder waters but I never have really and still had some kippers.

a good food bait will outlast an attractor bait every time

I use b5 with a few things added

Very true, but the make and model makes no difference at all IMHO, even using one type when your fishing makes no difference IMHO.

The main thing about a food bait is that you can buy it cheaply enough to use it correctly.

This is why I got out of Carp fishing....all got a bit too serious .....does anyone honestly believe the size of a boilie will determine wether a carp will eat it or not....12mm 14mm 20mm :blink: I understand the need to stop nuisance fish taking baits but FFS....there only fish :yes: I do believe some of the rigs,baits etc can give an angler an edge....but only because it gives them confidence.It really doesn't have to be this difficult JMHO :thumbs:

Best post on the thread......I will let you into a secret for the best rig, it's a hook at one end and an angler at the other ;)

• Like 1