How Many Ferrets Do You Have?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find hobs are handy in some situations. Once the rabbits start to f**k about, if the sets are shallow, sometimes it's easier to just kill them and dig them, if it's total elimination Also I just li

2 Jill's 1 hob   Margaret , Carrie and Walter

down to three as of the other day when my old lad died :cray: (10 years old) now got 2hobs and a jill all this years and grand kits to my old lad. the bloke that gave me them must of been in a rush i was supposed to be getting 3 hobs back but ended up with 2 and a jill. i only bother with the hobs these days as i want the rabbits to be running like feck and not just hole hopping because i just ferret to the shotgun these days. so if anybody is after a working bred albino jill around my area she's free to a good WORKING home! we could maybe have a day out while were at it? :victory: PM if anyones intrested

why don't people keep hobs ?

I had 3 hobs... all castrated... had great days out with them... some great sport... but decided if had enough of digging whilst the dogs stood watching.....

Gave 2 hobs to a neighbour where i can keep an eye on them... kept one hob and got 2 jills....

Until that hob got killed out ferreting... then took the opportunity to get a hob and get him the snip...

is the only reason people don't keep hobs because you have to dig to them?

otherwise they seem easier to keep as they don't come into heat and are friendlier ??

i don't keep ferrets clearly but i was thinking about getting into them and getting hobs

why don't people keep hobs ?

I had 3 hobs... all castrated... had great days out with them... some great sport... but decided if had enough of digging whilst the dogs stood watching.....

Gave 2 hobs to a neighbour where i can keep an eye on them... kept one hob and got 2 jills....

Until that hob got killed out ferreting... then took the opportunity to get a hob and get him the snip...

is the only reason people don't keep hobs because you have to dig to them?

otherwise they seem easier to keep as they don't come into heat and are friendlier ??

i don't keep ferrets clearly but i was thinking about getting into them and getting hobs

I have always worked hobs and never had to dig. not once but maybe that's down to my current lot of hobs a they are my first workers :angel:

My jills are kept as pets + 1 hob :icon_redface::D

I found the hobs to be great... they got in there and got the job done.... hey were worth a lot of money to me.... 3x castrations @ 50quid each.....

But like i said... they were a bit 'effective'.... 3 hobs rumbling around a set... not much will get by.... which is ok for rabbit numbers... but the dogs were getting feck all....

So cut my losses.... and have the hobs handy where i can use them if i wish....

These jills are like rockets compared to the hobs... but theyre only young...so need time to grow/learn and mature....