Scottish Independence

Another good read

Independent Scotland could be debt free if Westminster maintains current stance

A newly independent Scotland could start afresh without the burden of having to pay off some of the UK’s massive debt mountain, according to a leading academic.

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/referendum/7365-independent-scotland-could-be-debt-free-if-westminster-maintains-current-stance

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets get this put to bed once and for all ask mr smallman all or nothing if he looses the vote he should step down and be fooked off out of the uk , england is nothing without the rest of the uk.

Im Welsh, can see 100% where the Scots are coming from but this is a unique Isle, its BRITAIN, we stood shoulder to shoulder for over 1000 years and not been invaded mun. All of us together can't be b

The oil that we pump out on our rig, is secured by the South Korean govt. Wee fat fucksalmond doesn`t see any off it,   He is just playing to the crowds, so he can get a statue in Glesga wee fat

Posted Images

well if that is not motivation enough to change the status quo then what is? I believe Scotland are lucky to have the opportunity to vote on independence, the possibility's after yes vote are endless, a new simple tax system, a new benefits system, focus investment on these areas of most need choices the Scottish people could choose to make if we had full powers and control over our country.

They are. Sadly they will never be utilized.

You will still have the same people running the show. They're the ones that need to be cut free from Scotland.

Another good read for those interested

Vote tory scotland is f****d, vote labour scotland is f****d..

Vote for independence!!

if Labour should defy the odds and win the 2015 general election.

Quite openly and in public, safe in the knowledge that the mainstream media (and most importantly the ever-loyal Daily Record) will ignore it, senior Scottish figures in Labour have said repeatedly that Scotland will receive a lower share of UK public spending, with the money being diverted to poor parts of England instead.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/looking-forward-with-hindsight/

Another good read for those interested

Vote tory scotland is f****d, vote labour scotland is f****d..

Vote for independence!!

senior Scottish figures in Labour have said repeatedly that Scotland will receive a lower share of UK public spending, with the money being diverted to poor parts of England instead

http://wingsoverscotland.com/looking-forward-with-hindsight/

Aye your right.

Vote UKIP.

Were all ugly enough as it is without rebuilding the wall and keeping all the gingers in.

even if all of scotland voted them it wouldnt make a difference if england voted for any of the big partys. we would still be ruled by west minister with limited powers.

scotland needs to vote yes then after the country will get to vote for the party they want..

• Like 1

I watched the remenberance programe yesterday. The regiments filed past. One by one, one person for me stood out he was an ex rsm the blackwatch , kilt aswinging as he marched past the cenotaph Eyes right he saluted his fallen camrades of two world wars and every other campain we have fought in together we are now faceing a battle for survival with are hands tied behind are backs the Eu Will swallow up a devolved uk. A vote for indepence is a vote for the european state hundreds of thousands of brave young men left these shores to liberate euroupe from a mad man who wanted to rule by force now you want to give them it without a fight , As i said on another thred you dont need a pice of paper to prove your scots your passport will still be red Your money wont change and when it does it will be the euro WATCH WHAT YOU WISH FOR ,

• Like 1

even if all of scotland voted them it wouldnt make a difference if england voted for any of the big partys. we would still be ruled by west minister with limited powers.

scotland needs to vote yes then after the country will get to vote for the party they want..

joe67 I reckon me and you would hay sum gid craic on days ferreting or shooting :thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Evfk0iEwhM

I was listening to the news the other day
I heard a fat politician who had the nerve to say
He was proud to be Scottish, by the way
With the glories of our past to remember
"Here's tae us, wha's like us", listen to the cry
No surrender to the truth and here's the reason why
The power and the glory's just another bloody lie
They use to keep us all in line

For there's no gods and there's precious few heroes
But there's plenty on the dole in the land o the leal
And it's time now to sweep the future clear
Of the lies of a past that we know was never real

So farewell to the heather in the glen
They cleared us off once and they'd do it all again
For they still prefer sheep to thinking men
Ah, but men who think like sheep are even better

There's nothing much to choose between the old laird and the new
They still don't give a damn for the likes of me and you
Just mind you pay your rent to the factor when it's due
And mind your bloody manners when you pay!

And tell me will we never hear the end
Of puir bluidy Charlie at Culloden yet again?
Though he ran like a rabbit down the glen
Leavin better folk than him to be butchered
Or are you sittin in your Council house, dreamin o your clan?
Waiting for the Jacobites to come and free the land?
Try going down the broo with your claymore in your hand
And count all the Princes in the queue!

So don't talk to me of Scotland the Brave
For if we don't fight soon there'll be nothing left to save
Or would you rather stand and watch them dig your grave
While you wait for the Tartan Messiah?
He'll lead us to the Promised Land with laughter in his eye
We'll all live on the oil and the whisky by and by
Free heavy beer! Pie suppers in the sky! -
Will we never have the sense to learn?

That there's no gods and there's precious few heroes
But there's plenty on the dole in the land o the leal
And I'm damned sure that there's plenty live in fear
Of the day we stand together with our shoulders at the wheel

Aye there's no Gods

Some belting lyrics in there.

So if its a no vote with a narrow margin what happens? Resentment will be higher than ever among a huge proportion if the population on both sides of the border. Funny the scots seem to think the english are the ones holding them beck when truth be told the english have been suppressed and not had a proper voice since 1066.

its more close than you think, the battle is to win the undecided vote

be honest mate, ukip aint gonna take over..dont waste your vote. scotland would still be ruled by either torys or labour who have allready said more cuts for scotland on the way... a yes vote gives scotland the chance to decide who really runs scotland, and not be run by westminister with limited powers.. yes vote, we wont be any worse off!!

if your really interested in the vote, and wanna look at all the information to help you decide then heres another link for you... its yours, its scotlands future, look into it properly before you decide!

john sweeny teaching the better together campain

• Like 1

the reason the bedroom tax was put in place had nothing to do with scotland it was because of the housing benifit levels in london.. a problem in london has been converted into a uniform respose in the uk, this then effects good working arrangments in scotland by a policy that has no foundation and no requirement in scotland