A Bit Of Background.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been asked provide a little background on the pups that I have avdertised, so here go’s. This particular line of Beardie lurchers started with a half crosses Bitch that came from the Hancock’s y

I would've walked from durham to cambridge for one of these, indeed since seeing the ad I've talked myself in and out of one about 20 times a day. Being honest with myself though I know I couldn't do

Wheres all the people that want REAL working collie types...? People ask on here all the time,Studs this pups that     Theses are gifts, Cant beleave there still there

Having never owned a Border type Collie or Border bred lurcher I don't feel qualified enough to give you a definitive answar. I'd only be relating what I've heard or read.

My experience or them is restricted to watching a friends dogs work and even then I don't think that his Plummer types conform to your usual Border characteristics.

When I have more time I'll post my opinion on what I think a true Beardie should be, but even then there are far better qualified people than I to do this for you.

I know my dogs and that for me is what's all important.

• Like 4

Firstly,..like other members,..I am suprised to see that good homes are still required, for these beautiful and obviously well reared puppies... :blink:

Great potential here, for genuine mouchers, so lets get them tykes, done and dusted,.eh lads,...

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

Stabs of here, works them and he is happy with them, they took what ever quarry put infront of them. He rates this x , my old colliex lurcher Blaze had bit in him, good on fox +rabbits .Ithink it doe give them that (bit) differnt temp a border, Bryn straight border x he is better rabbit dog of the 2.My mate had a hancock 1/4 b/b 3/4 grey and that was like Blaze another good fox dog, must put bit more fire in the belly.!

Stabs of here, works them and he is happy with them, they took what ever quarry put infront of them. He rates this x , my old colliex lurcher Blaze had bit in him, good on fox +rabbits .Ithink it doe give them that (bit) differnt temp a border, Bryn straight border x he is better rabbit dog of the 2.My mate had a hancock 1/4 b/b 3/4 grey and that was like Blaze another good fox dog, must put bit more fire in the belly.!

I think you will find Stabs's dogs are from the same lines as Magpies :thumbs:

If the timing was better I would be more than happy to take on one of these pups on :yes:

With the unique breed to one side it's a pleasure to see people really thinking about the way they produce dogs, with forethought, as its a 'long ol game' to breed what you want. I wish I had the time and commitment to do so.. :thumbs:

Edited by Sirius

Wheres all the people that want REAL working collie types...? People ask on here all the time,Studs this pups that

Theses are gifts, Cant beleave there still there

you right mate, real good lurchers from good stuff, maybe its just the timing of things,and the colliex lads are ok for dogs at the moment.But still shame you dont get many pups bred like this, if you like sheep dog xs . ive gone for somthing differnt with my pup gsdxgrey, as they say change is as good as rest .lol

I am stunned that these pups are still on offer, lately on here a lot of people have been enquiring/wanting collie x pups and heres a cracking litter with plenty of history to go with them and they're still about.

Is it coz they black !! :D

I hope people see these pups for what they should become and you get the homes they deserve.....good luck mate. :thumbs:

The thing is Ray. People ask all the time ''where's all the working collie types'' well heres a littler that must tick just about every box they can be after in a collie cur? Yet there still some left? And off someone that comes across as knews the score well kept and right done by... Yet nothing?

I dont understand it tbh........

• Like 3

The thing is Ray. People ask all the time ''where's all the working collie types'' well heres a littler that must tick just about every box they can be after in a collie cur? Yet there still some left? And off someone that comes across as knews the score well kept and right done by... Yet nothing?

I dont understand it tbh........

nor me mate, must be more wannabe owners than genuine ones asking the question about them. i would have thought these would have gone within minutes.

I would've walked from durham to cambridge for one of these, indeed since seeing the ad I've talked myself in and out of one about 20 times a day. Being honest with myself though I know I couldn't do a pup justice and guarantee one of these little heroes the volume of work it would need to prove itself, already having two to run . I do envy the individuals that are fortunate to be in a position to take one.not only are they excellent willing workers they are fantastic companions and I hope they get the homes they deserve, best of luck to any lucky bugger that gets one, atb.

• Like 8

Firstly,..like other members,..I am suprised to see that good homes are still required, for these beautiful and obviously well reared puppies... :blink:

Great potential here, for genuine mouchers, so lets get them tykes, done and dusted,.eh lads,...

I have spoken to Magpie and the pups should make excellent all round pups in the right hands,good luck getting the right people,WM

Edited by wirral countryman