From Jack The Lad To Uncool Dad..

If I had a teenage daughter ..... Apart from making medical history, I'd like to think I was pretty much Daddy Cool :yes: Because I've just bought myself a " Sansa clip plus MP3 Player ".

Now, I know it's not the latest model. And it's certainly not an " i " anything. Or an Android what ever. But, surely it's not bad?

Of course, I suppose it would all fall apart when I enthused to her friends how I've got it to play the sounds of a feeding sparrow flock. So I could lure them in. Catch and ring them.

'Epic Dad Fail', would they call it ? :icon_redface:

Well your far cooler than me cause I've no idea what your talking about lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a pal of mine got his wife's clouts out of the draw and rubbed the crotch with a Mars bar then while his daughter was in the bedroom with her new boyfriend he launched them in saying, " sort your wa

I was taking to my brother the other day about this, I don't feel old exactly and he's younger than me, we've both got teenage daughters, and we are what we hoped we'd never be... Embarrassing dads lo

I love being an embarrassing dad and I thrive on embarrassing my girls in front of their mates ... I have become so good at it that their mates think I am cool lol .........

As anyone whos suffered the hardship of being a visiting dad will know when you do get to see your kids you tend to go that extra mile in trying to please them......i remember when skateboard parks first became the trendy thing with kids i went round and picked my boy up and took him to the park with his skateboard all his pals were there i said " give us that i,ll show you how to do it ".............4 seconds later im laying in a crumpled heap on the floor with claret running down my face :icon_redface:

We stuck to footie and boxing after that :D

• Like 10

As anyone whos suffered the hardship of being a visiting dad will know when you do get to see your kids you tend to go that extra mile in trying to please them......i remember when skateboard parks first became the trendy thing with kids i went round and picked my boy up and took him to the park with his skateboard all his pals were there i said " give us that i,ll show you how to do it ".............4 seconds later im laying in a crumpled heap on the floor with claret running down my face :icon_redface:

We stuck to footie and boxing after that :D

. Me and the wife were sat outside a cafe on the river the other week, when a bloke,must've been 45, rolls in on roller skates, proper skates with the tongues hanging out lol... I see a lot if older blokes on those long share boards... I'm definitely not that cool lol

Just thought of another time gnash.. We took the kids ice skating with my in laws, my father in law was telling us what a great roller skater he was back in the day...next thing he's wooshing around the rink like a rocket, I'm going round like I've shit myself lol.. He's getting quicker " Kev" he shouts " watch this" he goes to to spin round backwards and goes up in the air about 5ft and down in a heap..." Owwwwllll" lol

A couple of broken ribs slowed him down a bit .. Granddaddy cool lol

Collecting my lad from football training he was standing with his mates as I pulled into the car park.

Hues Corporation Love Boat was on the radio so window down radio up.

I still remind him about it.

rock the boat ;)

• Like 1

I love being an embarrassing dad and I thrive on embarrassing my girls in front of their mates ... I have become so good at it that their mates think I am cool lol .........

That's the way mate, nothing better when all of they're mates are lapping it up and they're cringing in the corner lol..

My daughter and her mates had a phase of going to one of two clubs in the next town that held under 21 nights .

I'd turn up at the appointed time to retrieve them only to spend ages sitting in the car while they milled around outside playing the cool and sophisticated club-going chicks to their peers whilst waiting for me to swan up to the doors like a hired limo driver .

This was never going to happen as I was lucky to find a parking spot of any sort what with the other parents and boyfriends vying for kerb-space with the police vehicles that were always on standby at kicking -out time .

One evening i decided the best way of getting their attention was to clamber on the roof of my 20 year old Fiesta and stand there waving .

I never had to do that again !

• Like 2

Its so easy mate ... Pretend you don't know their friends are there and from another room shout something like girls I have washed and dried your thermal vests if your planning on going out ... You know how you love to wear them when is a little cold ........

• Like 2

a pal of mine got his wife's clouts out of the draw and rubbed the crotch with a Mars bar :yes: then while his daughter was in the bedroom with her new boyfriend he launched them in saying, " sort your washing out" :laugh::yes::thumbs:

Had a right chuckle at that so i did. Haha your mate has a great sense a humor.
  • Like 1

I cant imagine how many times i have embaressed my daughter over the years, usually after a few sherbets at the rugby club. She started sitting at the other side of the club to disassociate herself from me on saturday nights. I used to answer her phone if a lads name came up on the screen and say allsorts of stuff. I knew when i had gone too far because the wife used to call me by my full name with that headmistress tone in her voice.

• Like 2

I was taking to my brother the other day about this, I don't feel old exactly and he's younger than me, we've both got teenage daughters, and we are what we hoped we'd never be... Embarrassing dads lol

There's some kind of fun in being an embarrassing dad when our daughters have friends around, why? Lol

I genuinely thought I'd be "with it" when my daughter was this age, but most of the music is shite, I've no idea what instagrams all about, and I don't want to start on the make up lol...

You should try to keep up to date with the "Hit Parade". :laugh:

My boy's a bit older - 20 now. I used to try and embarrass him in front of his mates but he's always been so laid back he never gave a shit when I did.