Undercover Reporter???

Guest WILF

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course crows correct,the two aren't the same one involves two willing participants the other doesn't,polar opposites.

it's a big assumption that someone who understands the essence of a bulldog can't show the utmost respect to their quarry when in the hunting field.

i've no wish to fuel anyones fire so i'm done.

it's strange that it takes a non hunting matter to really get the lowdown on folk.

i'll ask you to consider this point before i take my leave of these boards,when a bulldog is set down to face another bulldog theres nothing it wants more at that time than to engage the other.how many of you sanctimonious pricks can look down from your high horse and say that about the quarry thats facing your dog?

so my lurcher running down the beam is in the same context as to dogs going toe to toe

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

think not WELL YOU ARE STILL SENDING A MAMMAL TO KILL ANOTHER MAMMAL

waggi

please do not add words into a "Quote" that i must have wrote

my belifs are crystal clear on this subject and my only upset in the matter is that i am not as good as crow at putting my thoughts into words

yes i am sending a mammal to kill a mammal but i am using the best methods to do my PEST control not take great pleasure in watching the death off a dog buy a dog

please dont get me wrong here i enjoy hunting with dog and ferret BUT i also enjoy watching the mere bunny also and give it the greatest respect in giving it a QUICK and HUMANE death not a 45 min blood bath

i also would never run my dog to the point off exaustion like others on here i would rather finish and leave what ever quary you hunt me rabbits for another day than damage (or smash up) my dog but if buy some mistake or accident that my dog gets a cut or inguary it is stright home to sort it till i acan get to the vets..................... This in my eyes is respect for my dog and i have raised it and it has run its hind quaters off for me that night for the cooking pot my dog deservers no more or less than what it actual gets

how any kind off "hunter" can see in this descushion that dog fighting and hunting is the same is in my oppinion not off the same ethicks that i was brought up and belive in and i do not and will never understand this...................

my last question i would like someone to anwser is this

i take my dog and lamp into a field where the rabbits have lived all there life which is a alien land for me and my dog"ok" so we are on the rabbits home turf and i send my dog down the beam and we get a runner"ok" surely the dog is at a little diadvantage in a)turning abbility b)local knolage in the dark so surly in my mind there is the chance that that rabbit will get away am i right or wrong? so how is this the same as putting two dogs in a 15 ft ring to go toe to toe

look forwad to your anwser

thanks for reading

ban the deed not the breed

i don't believe the seasoned hunting dog to be at a disadvantage from his quarry, on most occasions it will be the first time the rabbit/fox/deer etc has come into contact with a dog, the dog on the other hand at the very least will be doing this once a week during the season,the quarry may have "home turf" advantage as you put it, but the dog has vast experiance at the game.

"so surly in my mind there is the chance that that rabbit will get away am i right or wrong? so how is this the same as putting two dogs in a 15 ft ring to go toe to toe"

it is'nt the same,the rabbit WANTS to get away,he is an unwilling participent in the proceedings.the two dogs in the 15 ring as you put it WANT to engage in battle,it is there natural/inbred urge, you seem to be under the impression that there is an element of force going on,this to me shows me your ignorance of the breed. you could take 2 of these dogs,release one at the end of a 100acre wood & the other at the opposite & leave them about there business,one day they would meet and with no encouragment they would engage in battle,it's NO different from the natural urge that makes your lurcher chase, or the collie herd, or terrier go to ground.

Edited by SPONGEBOB

jesus lads !! im thinking we've enough enemies looking from the outside looking in without being at each others throat on here giving the feckers any satasfaction watching this !!!

The way i see it is...... everybody should be able to voice their opinion on here no matter were they go with the subject,if its not what some want to hear and disagree with..........well be adult about it and try having a adult debate and even tell them in your eyes you think there wrong on this one,but ffs try being civel about it as when some give it the "feck you im right and your're wrong now feck off ect" this were things kick off and now we have the petty playground arguments.Now im not saying we should be all namby pamby with each other and be all pals and live happily ever after,but it would be good to see some soladarity at times on here,lecture over children :laugh::laugh:

As for dog fighting,well im with the man crow on this one 100%,these dogs are kept and fought inmo as a penis extension for the gangster ferternity ( not the responsible lads who keep and have a liking for these dogs ) now this is only my opinion,so im not asking anybody to agree or like it but try if you can to respect it :thumbs:

All the best for the coming season gary

I think we're missing the point here.

This journalist is infiltrating groups based on an animal rights agenda. As Molly said he's met people at Terrier and Lurcher shows. Listening to some people at these shows there are probably similar instances happening right now as beer seems to loosen the lips of many!

Whether you agree/disagree with who he's currently targetting is f*****g irrelevant.

The point is to remember his face incase he tries to get in with your running dig mates, or your digging mates, or your ferreting mates, or your shooting mates.

This is about exposing these fuckers so he can't do it again or he runs into resistance if he tries...

Stop bickering and focus on the real problem for f**k's sake.

i don't believe the seasoned hunting dog to be at a disadvantage from his quarry, on most occasions it will be the first time the rabbit/fox/deer etc has come into contact with a dog, the dog on the other hand at the very least will be doing this once a week during the season,the quarry may have "home turf" advantage as you put it, but the dog has vast experiance at the game.

"so surly in my mind there is the chance that that rabbit will get away am i right or wrong? so how is this the same as putting two dogs in a 15 ft ring to go toe to toe"

it is'nt the same,the rabbit WANTS to get away,he is an unwilling participent in the proceedings.the two dogs in the 15 ring as you put it WANT to engage in battle,it is there natural/inbred urge, you seem to be under the impression that there is an element of force going on,this to me shows me your ignorance of the breed. you could take 2 of these dogs,release one at the end of a 100acre wood & the other at the opposite & leave them about there business,one day they would meet and with no encouragment they would engage in battle,it's NO different from the natural urge that makes your lurcher chase, or the collie herd, or terrier go to ground.

In a 100acre wood the losing dog could run away.

I'm new here and don't want to get involved in long draw out arguments with people who are not going to change their views, but as I've personal experience I feel I must.

I own Rotties and IWS's never had a problem, wouldn't expect to with the latter :D Rotties will try and push their limits etc but they are nothing like a pit-bull . I hate breed specific rants etc and worry about the knock on effect all this will have on a breed I love.

However, Pit Bulls are a breed apart and anyone that indulges in dog fighting, training and hyping a dog up to do this, natural instinct or not is irresponsible. Years ago when my son was five we were walking in local woods with a GSD, we met two men and a pit bull (I stress pit not staffie) and as said by Sponge BOb these dogs want to fight but they aint selective and don't know one breed from another..it attacked my dog , luckily they went flying over a tree root and the dog lost it's grip and she legged it , found her later torn ear and throat area masses of blood at home , having crossed two main roads. Thing is it wasn't actually lucky because after chasing her for a short distance the pitbull came back and laid into my son who was standing next to me in shock and sobbing. It was winter and he was well wrapped up , the dog got him on the floor , luckily he was face down. He still has the scars .....the two men...the b*****ds laughed , they only pulled the dog off when i started whacking it with a tree log.

The police knew who they were as soon as I described them, known dog fighters and badger baiters. No doubt someone will say "dogs in wrong hands" just as I would about my rotts , maybe maybe not but even in the hands of someone who isn't a total prick like these two, they can't be controlled , if a dog is used for fighting it becomes hardened , like I say maybe a Jackie, rottie used in this way would end up the same....dog fighting needs to be wiped out and it is dangerous to people too. Anyone that thinks different is whistling in the dark.

Guest bitsa lurcher

Bonny , i agree with you totally .....and would also like to add that in my way of training a dog after the basic's the next command to be taught is STOP , wether the dog is running barking or play fighting... i personally feel that these simple rules need to be in place before a dog is out in public , luckily for me i live in the country

Bonny....i feel for you in that situation and totally understand why you would have bad feeling towards the breed after the experience you suffered....but i have to say you are categorically wrong on a few points.....firstly,you say in a 100 acre field the dog could run away.....in a 15 foot pit the dog can run away,in fact he doesnt even need do that,if he turns away and doesnt want to know thats it event over !......the rules are there to STOP it being a cruel event...ok we could say its cruel anyway and yes thats a fair argument,but at least get things right before coming out with big statements.

You say if a dog is used for fighting it becomes hardened,again totally wrong....many of the best fighting dogs showed to be relatively shy docile even timid dogs away from the pit....to say dogfighting is a danger to people is exactly what programs like that the other night want you to think....but remember,the confirmed dog attacks have NEVER come from dogs with a fighting background.....saying because a dog will fight another dog and so is a danger to people is not only naive but ridiculous......

No offence to you mate and i have no favour myself either for or against dog fighting...but i would like to think i am open and balanced enough to see things from both sides.

:clapper:

Edited by CHALKWARREN
Bonny....i feel for you in that situation and totally understand why you would have bad feeling towards the breed after the experience you suffered....but i have to say you are categorically wrong on a few points.....firstly,you say in a 100 acre field the dog could run away.....in a 15 foot pit the dog can run away,in fact he doesnt even need do that,if he turns away and doesnt want to know thats it event over !......the rules are there to STOP it being a cruel event...ok we could say its cruel anyway and yes thats a fair argument,but at least get things right before coming out with big statements.

You say if a dog is used for fighting it becomes hardened,again totally wrong....many of the best fighting dogs showed to be relatively shy docile even timid dogs away from the pit....to say dogfighting is a danger to people is exactly what programs like that the other night want you to think....but remember,the confirmed dog attacks have NEVER come from dogs with a fighting background.....saying because a dog will fight another dog and so is a danger to people is not only naive but ridiculous......

No offence to you mate and i have no favour myself either for or against dog fighting...but i would like to think i am open and balanced enough to see things from both sides.

Gnasher, never been to a dog fight so I'll bow to your wisdom as presumably you have given that you know the rules and know if a dog turns it's head away that's it !the other dog stops or is stopped.If you havn't been then your data is not first hand .

Secondly the comfirmed dog attack on my son was from a fighting background.

You say many of the best fighting dogs are shown to be docile away from the pit , again not sure wether you are a dog behaviourist? or just speaking from personal experience? but any dog that is constantly attacked wether it be a poodle, lab whatever, will either turn into a nervous wreck or attack before it's attacked. They may be fine round people until the day they attack another dog and the owner steps in and gets bitten. And yes you can argue that anyone who tries to seperate two fighting dogs is asking to get bitten .....but there's being biiten and there's being bitten.

Police dogs are trained to attack and yes off duty they are normally soft and docile, however they're are many exceptions. I know people who own kennels that board police dogs and a few have switched into protection mode for no apparent reason and without there instructor around there's been a few hairy moments. Police/prison dogs are not as a rule rehomed to the public for a reason.

So in my opinion a dog that has been used for fighting and is owned in the main by people who are just dog OWNERS and couldn't train a dog to behave properly or be a proper working dog ,( be it field trials or whatever) is a danger to the public, even if it's indirectly simply because the public got in the way.