Unbelievable

Out last night visiting a couple of farmers i have permission from, driving down the lane there was a van parked up three blokes leant on the gate another in the field and three dogs coursing a half grown leveret

Now where's the sportsmanship in that.............W@NKERS

Now been instructed by said landowner to rifle every hare on the place as he's sick of the p***y scum especially after they ran him off the road in June (yes fecking June) as they were driving all over his crops

There's an awful lot of decent lurcher lads out there but for every bit of good they do for relations with the landowners the tossers far out number them

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your on their property, without permission, what more do you expect. If someone came on your yard and let their dog chase your fowl around, I think you would react the same way.   As for those la

Dogs miss their share to run again,bullets,with all the modern technology that assists the poorest of shots,kills or maims,id rather a poacher ran an hare and missed it than a shooter shot it for shoo

Then land around me as been taken over recently by keepers,they shoot Hares on sight,day or night vision,just to stop lurcher owners killing them,ive always ran them local and always left enough breed

Posted Images

It's a vicious circle,a decent young lad gets threatened,intimidated or worse by some tormented farmer/game keeper,then he just thinks f@ck em.

If your on their property, without permission, what more do you expect. If someone came on your yard and let their dog chase your fowl around, I think you would react the same way.

As for those lads running leverets, round here they hares bred very late and most leverets are little bigger than pint pots at the moment. even my collie catches 'em whilst looking for lost sheep. So anyone boasting of pups catching them "just to bring 'em on", should have a good hard look at themselves, or offer my collie a match!

• Like 7

get shooting and leave them nothing to come back for.... dog men will come if the farmer has something for them to run

unfortunalty some spoil it for everybody

Dogs miss their share to run again,bullets,with all the modern technology that assists the poorest of shots,kills or maims,id rather a poacher ran an hare and missed it than a shooter shot it for shooting sake,as this is a lurcher section i may or may not be in a minority,as for the shooting section,pseudo dogmen that find it easier to look after a gun than a dog.

• Like 3

It's a vicious circle,a decent young lad gets threatened,intimidated or worse by some tormented farmer/game keeper,then he just thinks f@ck em.

If your on their property, without permission, what more do you expect. If someone came on your yard and let their dog chase your fowl around, I think you would react the same way.

As for those lads running leverets, round here they hares bred very late and most leverets are little bigger than pint pots at the moment. even my collie catches 'em whilst looking for lost sheep. So anyone boasting of pups catching them "just to bring 'em on", should have a good hard look at themselves, or offer my collie a match!

A decent/intelligent person wouldn't run farmed game on the breeders/keepers land.

You wouldn't even know they'd been there.

get shooting and leave them nothing to come back for.... dog men will come if the farmer has something for them to run

Dogs miss their share to run again,bullets,with all the modern technology that assists the poorest of shots,kills or maims,id rather a poacher ran an hare and missed it than a shooter shot it for shooting sake,as this is a lurcher section i may or may not be in a minority,as for the shooting section,pseudo dogmen that find it easier to look after a gun than a dog.

Right, first and foremost i'm a dogman, have been for over 25 years and been around them for over 40 years. The rifle is a relatively new thing for me after my boss insisted on it as part of my job. This other land in question is permission i have had for as long as i've had dogs. Now if i didn't follow the landowners wishes he would go get someone else to do it for him. Given the choice i wouldn't do it, so who do you blame? Me for following instructions? Or the dickheads who have no respect for land livestock and quarry?

These people are not dogmen, they have no fieldcraft skills for hunting just rally round fields in their motors causing maximum damage in pursuit of their kicks before they tire of it and move on to the next pastime

Rant over

• Like 1

a mans got to do as requested because if he don't ........some one else will be drafted in who will........

fact,.......respect the quarry ,.........respect your morals or respect the land owners instructions ,...............the last one wins everytime ,........whever you agree or not........

• Like 1

the thing is you need a gun with a dog now something to do with the ban :thumbs:

Right, first and foremost i'm a dogman, have been for over 25 years and been around them for over 40 years. The rifle is a relatively new thing for me after my boss insisted on it as part of my job. This other land in question is permission i have had for as long as i've had dogs. Now if i didn't follow the landowners wishes he would go get someone else to do it for him. Given the choice i wouldn't do it, so who do you blame? Me for following instructions? Or the dickheads who have no respect for land livestock and quarry?

These people are not dogmen, they have no fieldcraft skills for hunting just rally round fields in their motors causing maximum damage in pursuit of their kicks before they tire of it and move on to the next pastime

Rant over

Then land around me as been taken over recently by keepers,they shoot Hares on sight,day or night vision,just to stop lurcher owners killing them,ive always ran them local and always left enough breeding stock to run again in the resultant years,i respect what the dogs pursue and protect future harvests,the keepers and shooters don,t share the same respect and would see the futures quarry ended earlier.Lurcher lads usually have the dogs and what it pursues interest at heart,the others are far less demanding in their desires.

• Like 2

Same old same old . . . .

And unfortunately the only things that don't suffer as a result are the wankers, as they just move off elsewhere. . . . .

It's just depressing. . . . . . .

Yep in the first part but why get depressed about it... It's what happens, stop kidding yourselves that somehow everyone is gonna be a season freak and operate as the ideal should be... :blink:

Either, (1.) stand up an twat 'em for being there and doing that on your permo, (2.) feck off because your sickened, or (3.) stay watch it and tell 'em that their dogs must be shite for 'em to do such a thing...! :rolleyes:

And if no three don't come across so well, resort back to number one... :D