"digging Bitches"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

been plenty of good digging bitchs about --some get took out of circulation for breeding --dogs tend to make the name more if there used for stud smithy bred minor bred rex bred ----plenty of lads kee

six or seven seasons before breeding . stuff and nonesence. a dog or bitch could walk at any time. if you dont trust your dog/bitch after a couple of seasons. will you ever? it all seems a little ove

Do they not all produce digging bitches? After all if the bitches arent digging surely the line would die out because the bitches would be/should be culled....

There is a lot of men breeding of poor bitchs these days, with the excuse that it goes back to there old Rip, Jack, Samson, ect. The bigger the name the bigger the culprit

a lot of men --based on what be interesting for you to expand on this comment -------this is my view worker to worker bred tight and from good proven lines be it big names of billy bloggs they should throw an equal amount of working dogs to bitchs ---some men prefer the working style of a dog if there is one over a bitch others don't give a feck ------- I`ve been in the game a long time and never heard or read the statement you`ve made -- why the bigger the name the bigger the culprit -------------- theres been and still is over the last 10 year good working bitchs from the so called big names ----------- and billy bloggs the back yard terrierman .

Edited by the_stig

I think dev touched on it --but how do you keep your line going if your not keeping and proving your bitchs --- as for big names why use them once you`ve got going and got yourself a proven dog and 2 proven bitchs the average terrierman should be set up for life -----the problems start when you have to start buying in do the leg work and set yourselfs up theres no short cuts in this game many have tried and failed if your in it for the long term --do your homework..

• Like 6

If you aren't guaranteed a good dog/hitch from breeding two proven dogs then surely if the hitch isn't any good she could still produce good workers there is not guarantees with any scenario so what s the issue ?????

yep there's no guarantee how ever there is credence to the theory " that if you breed a shite bitch to a shite dog you'll only get a bigger percentage of shite" ?lol !!
  • Like 1

as someone has already said dogs get names bitches get pups the problem i have is number of bitches to dogs per litter last 3 litters have all had 1 bitcth in them and the rest were dogs and also always 1 black and tan dog and the rest red some would say they are starting to breed true as you can tell usualy what the litter is going to be like numbers and colour wise before they are born but would like to see more bitches per litter and they should be tested the same as a dog and only bred from when they prove them selves

• Like 1

you should treat them both the same, and if they are not doing it i would not breed however well bred it is, you just need the right one to start with, and be honest if you,re doing it with you,re bitches you have no problems ATB

haven't seen a quality digging bitch for a while,,,,, the last I seen was an old gouldy bitch, and that was about 4 years ago and nothing since has come close.

try and look at some different colours of bitches you'll get your eyes open if not youll get more

If you aren't guaranteed a good dog/hitch from breeding two proven dogs then surely if the hitch isn't any good she could still produce good workers there is not guarantees with any scenario so what s the issue ?????

That's the very reason that there is so much shit about,breeding of non proven terriers,both dogs and bitch's.Why would you breed of a bitch that's no good,refrase that,why would you keep a bitch that's no good,there is only 1 reason £££££££££.

• Like 1

Fat man I hope you don't think I was condoneing breeding off unproven animals I was just noteing the fact that proven to proven isn't guaranteeing quality offspring.

If you look through most breeds not just terriers. Ppl are breeding for money which is not good, plus slightly off point ppl are making up breeds now and claiming the animals are worth 500 plus which is hurrendous.

There is too many people who only care about the money.

I think dev touched on it --but how do you keep your line going if your not keeping and proving your bitchs --- as for big names why use them once you`ve got going and got yourself a proven dog and 2 proven bitchs the average terrierman should be set up for life -----the problems start when you have to start buying in do the leg work and set yourselfs up theres no short cuts in this game many have tried and failed if your in it for the long term --do your homework..

100% right Stig, what 'seems' to be the case in the terrier world is the lean toward dogs, as you said, because of 'names'. I see it more with younger lads getting into the game, its dogs only in the kennels.

I think lads who have been in the game longer know the value of a good bitch and rightly so.

You can have the best dog in the world but if your putting it to unproven bitches because thats all you got or can find, your a damn fool..!