What Vehicle For The Dogs?

Right been putting alot of thought into this laterly about what vehicle to have for the dogs I drive my corsa atm 59 so quite new can fit a triple terrier box and 3 lurchers in with the back seats down which I dont mind when theres 2 of us only problem is on the long runs with such a small engine 1.2kills on petrol want something bit bigger better on fuel and obviously not gone kill me on insurance but being 20 insurance is gone be high any idea lads cheers?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what Paulus started out with

SAGA I think your find BH

I have always had vans due to work very handy for the dogs and the digging gear but the only bad thing is that vans are pullers, and last thing you want to do is get pulled with a van full of nocked u

You can often get astra/vectra estate type cars second hand with decent boots on them, I got my wife a petrol vectra estate 56 plate with about 50k miles on it for just over 3k which has shed loads of space in the back. I will probably be looking for a 1.7 diesel astra estate 2nd hand for myself next but I currently have a diesel zafira, also with loads of space for dogs and cost just over 3k as well

If you don't need it to go off road get a French diesel car, depreciation means you can get them dirt cheap and they're reliable enough, I've done 25k in the last 12 months and it's cost nowt in repairs, and I get 50mpg + out of my Megane regardless of how I drive it. Tax is just over 100 quid a year and insurance is group 5 I think.

I Have a Seat Leon 2.0 Litre diesel and i will easily get 60mpg out and its still a new engine (4,200 Miles) so the MPG will get better still! And there is loads of room in the back (especially compared to my old mini!) and insurance is about £1200 for me, im 20 and dont have any years no clams due to being on parents cars previously :thumbs:

If you go for a second had older style (2005-2012 i think) you will get them fairly cheap my dads older style had over 125,000 on the clock without any problems!

Hope this helps,

Mike

How does a 1.2i kill you on petrol? :laugh:

I'd be looking at a 1.7TDi estate, about 100bhp and 50mpg. You'll fit a couple of lurchers in the boot of a standard hatchback Astra/Focus no bother as well. The smell's a ball ache but just sheet it up well and clean regular.

How does a 1.2i kill you on petrol? :laugh:

I'd be looking at a 1.7TDi estate, about 100bhp and 50mpg. You'll fit a couple of lurchers in the boot of a standard hatchback Astra/Focus no bother as well. The smell's a ball ache but just sheet it up well and clean regular.

small engine pulling a full car on a long journey wouldn't be the most economical as the engine is straining.

I was looking at the asta estate look pretty goood ! Just got fet my corsa cleaned up as it dont half smell before I get a new car will trade the corsa in ! I also looked at a nemo van seem to be a tidy van

I was looking at the asta estate look pretty goood ! Just got fet my corsa cleaned up as it dont half smell before I get a new car will trade the corsa in ! I also looked at a nemo van seem to be a tidy van

Vans are great, but cost more to insure and more to tax. I'd favour an estate or large hatchback over a van these days.

Vans are great, but cost more to insure and more to tax. I'd favour an estate or large hatchback over a van these days.

my berlingo is only 130 a year to insure, the tax is 220 ish :thumbs:

my berlingo is only 130 a year to insure, the tax is 220 ish :thumbs:

Is that with Coffin Dodger Insurance Ltd? :tongue2:

That's fair enough but for younger drivers a car derived van will be two or three hundred a year more to insure and the tax is silly. For instance a 1.6CDTi Fiesta Sport Van is £215 a year to tax compared to £30 a year for the exact same Fiesta Car. All in it's a big saving for a younger driver.