Driving Fields

ive been lamping for years and done the walking bit and still do with pups to get them going , the ones on here that say driving is cheating or doesnt get your dogs fit are full of shit and dont know what they are talking about .

i love driving ,but there is driving where you get your quarry in front of you and the driver will keep turning the quarry round blocking it from its run and getting it knackered then putting the dog on it . and when its killed saying what a good dog they got .that to me aint game .me myself i like one dog to run and hes got to do it without the help of the motor ,

has for the walkers that say theres more game walking and your dogs are fitter .well give me a pm in the winter and i will take you out for a hour two or six hours and lets see if your dog or dogs can handle it .has ive herd it all before and took people out before who think they knew it all and the results there dog jacked because they could nt handle the runs or they had to sit and cuddle there dogs because they could not walk for 3 days

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph   not very sporting is it if th

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they ha

not with dog, gun or a 4x4.. maybe a field or two across from were i am ment to be (longnet)....   i know farmers that would trench the field if people started on there with 4x4.. i have already bee

so what makes your dogs so much fitter than the walking lads?.

only askin

when driving you can give your dog more runs and depending on what you run , what i normally run its an average of 3 to 4 mins and you can have has many of them you like if your dog is up to it and they can be only short breaks in bewteen the runs so your dog needs to be fit to recover better

walking for me drive to area i am lamping and then walk the land get plenty numbers each to there own.

if you get a pull by the police and driving field you are going to have problems but Ive been pulled on foot and they just

seem to be more lenient some times don't even ask your name. in motor they got everything they need from plate details.

like i said walking the way for me thank fellas .

who that has been out driving the land did not enjoy it :thumbs:

I hate it myself,can't be doing with dogs bundling out of windows or dogs running upside of motors as it's a accident waiting to happen imo.I have a subaru and do have permission to drive some different land but i walk it myself 99.9% of the time as i find myself just worrying about the dogs to much to enjoy the hunting.

• Like 1

who that has been out driving the land did not enjoy it :thumbs:

I hate it myself,can't be doing with dogs bundling out of windows or dogs running upside of motors as it's a accident waiting to happen imo.I have a subaru and do have permission to drive some different land but i walk it myself 99.9% of the time as i find myself just worrying about the dogs to much to enjoy the hunting.

there driving and theres driving i dont like chucking dogs out of the window and i like to slow right down when the dogs go out to many injurys ,im not in it to ruin my dogs just love to see them run

• Like 1

Personaly i would say a dog is more taxed on foot as it has to make more distance up rather than being flung out of a car window on something that has been chased around the field to tire it out..and while the the dog is on foot it has to cover in the region of 30mile or more on a good night's lamping...where a dog that has been driven around will have to run and walk less than half that distance in a night..and above all that you will keep yourself half fit in the process of going it on foot..

Well said millet :victory:

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they have good dogs ... Take the vehicle away from them and will make them and their dogs looks very average ... If you want to hunt then get out of the truck and learn some field craft by walking the ground ......

Well said, the lads who walk have the best and most tested dogs :victory:

That's the most load of bollox av ever heard FACT

Have you seen the helicopter video footage of lads from your area? here it is :victory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgEvJKZT1E

I'm so glad you put this up I seen it yesterday if that video is anything to go by if that wat happens WHEN you go out with 4 by 4 motor f****n jokes that's fact I would never dream of doing this to any land first two dogs couldn't get near it jokes of hunting fact rant over made me angry to see this
It's not what everyone who lamp in 4x4 do fact and yes the first 2 dogs never ad a look in at the deer but what's saying the dogs haven't been droped out and run ragged early in the night?

Reading through this topic it seems lads who enjoy taking lots of rabbits walk, on the other hand lads who enjoyed taking fox and testing there dogs to there full potential on them seemed to drive.

No as killing fox with dogs is illegal

Personaly i would say a dog is more taxed on foot as it has to make more distance up rather than being flung out of a car window on something that has been chased around the field to tire it out..and while the the dog is on foot it has to cover in the region of 30mile or more on a good night's lamping...where a dog that has been driven around will have to run and walk less than half that distance in a night..and above all that you will keep yourself half fit in the process of going it on foot..

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they have good dogs ... Take the vehicle away from them and will make them and their dogs looks very average ... If you want to hunt then get out of the truck and learn some field craft by walking the ground ......

Have you seen the helicopter video footage of lads from your area? here it is :victory:

I'm so glad you put this up I seen it yesterday if that video is anything to go by if that wat happens WHEN you go out with 4 by 4 motor f****n jokes that's fact I would never dream of doing this to any land first two dogs couldn't get near it jokes of hunting fact rant over made me angry to see this
It's not what everyone who lamp in 4x4 do fact and yes the first 2 dogs never ad a look in at the deer but what's saying the dogs haven't been droped out and run ragged early in the night?

always more than what the pictures show :thumbs:

Reading through this topic it seems lads who enjoy taking lots of rabbits walk, on the other hand lads who enjoyed taking fox and testing there dogs to there full potential on them seemed to drive.

No as killing fox with dogs is illegal

Yes clever clogs that's why I wrote enjoyed and not enjoy.

ETA: defending anything to do with that video or the dogs on it speaks volumes about you :blink:

Edited by C Hall
  • Like 2

they might of been run ragged but then that says what kind of lads they are to run them to the point there never gona make a catch you should know whats in your dogs and running them to that stage just a waste of time they had to head it off with the jeep then slip a fresh dog on it ffs better off keeping goldfish or white mice

• Like 4

How can a dog that's driven right up to its quarry before being slipped be fitter than a dog that has to have longer slips because you can't get that close ... Also if there are ten rabbits in a field then a good dog that's walked up to the edge of the field should lift 8 of them so that's eight runs ... If you drive into that field then the closest rabbit will be run but the rest will soon piss off so that's only one run .....

some good points here,would a rabbit sit longer if a car drives up to them as it might think its a tractor and it then makes it easy for the dog to catch it.

do people relly throw there dogs out of the window

Are you taking the piss or even one of them clowns? if them dogs where fuked from earlier on they shouldnt of been run! there not f***ing machines there dogs! that poor deer was coursed buy two shit dogs it left them standing then was cut of buy a vehicle coz it was getting away! as you can see on the clip its trying to get past to safety but instead bouncing of the side of the vehicle, then if thats not bad anoth its now out scaped two shit heads and a vehicle! a fresh dog is thrown out wtf. That's not hunting its as bad as baiting the deer never had a chance. The end of the day its called hunting not catching (survivel of the fittest) a good animal like that deserved to get away! Like I said if thats hunting and you call yourself a dogman from doing things like that you dont deserve a lurcher imo. Tbh they should of just run it over would of saved some fuel money watching that deer piss all over your dogs. I'd not be able to show my face again if that was me!

• Like 8