Driving Fields

Socks how can a dog thats walked be fitter than one thats run out a jeep a dog thats walked may run if the land right 50 rabbits two foxes and 2 deer a night whats it take to pick up afew rabbit up odd foxand if u lucky a deer now if you jeep a dog u ant after rabbits u may take 6/8 fox 4/8 deer now how much fitness do u think it takes to do that the dogs u walk wont see that in a season not just a night

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph   not very sporting is it if th

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they ha

not with dog, gun or a 4x4.. maybe a field or two across from were i am ment to be (longnet)....   i know farmers that would trench the field if people started on there with 4x4.. i have already bee

My dog loves driving the fields..........

_64581837_64581836.jpg

you after a mod job............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your getting more like paulas by the day....... :D

I was picture king way before paulus :yes: I just let him think he's "the picture king" :D

• Like 1

Socks how can a dog thats walked be fitter than one thats run out a jeep a dog thats walked may run if the land right 50 rabbits two foxes and 2 deer a night whats it take to pick up afew rabbit up odd foxand if u lucky a deer now if you jeep a dog u ant after rabbits u may take 6/8 fox 4/8 deer now how much fitness do u think it takes to do that the dogs u walk wont see that in a season not just a night

I can track way more than 4 deer or foxes a night here easily as anybody that has been out with me will tell you ......

Socks you really have not got a clue what your talking about when it comes to this subject :no: anybody with any common sense can see that :yes:

Tell me why my friend .......

I would be wasting my time and effort because its clear for anyone to see who has read any of your posts you don't listen :no:

Socks you really have not got a clue what your talking about when it comes to this subject :no: anybody with any common sense can see that :yes:

Tell me why my friend .......

I would be wasting my time and effort because its clear for anyone to see who has read any of your posts you don't listen :no:

Not at all but if your going to make a statement that I don't know what I am talking about at least back it up with facts ......

• Like 1

I tell you what it all depends on terrain ,........................ok if you got miles of open terrain then you would probably get more sport by driving like they do on the coyotes,...............but all the places ive been or have permission on you would get more game by walking ...........theres places/ countryside what suits vehicles no doubt but I think that im old fashioned and I would see a vehicle as a hinderence aswell as a give away..............nothing better than you and the silence of night,..............and putting game in the bag like proper old school ,..no help from a motor............theres something magical about it and I don't give a fook one any one says that noise of the motor will cost you game and that is a fact........................your mutt will catch more from a beam leaving a field undisturbed than it will if a vehicle has gone in and scared everything off...........

Most foxes don't take much catching and neither do deer on the lamp especialy after they have half of there energy sapped by being chased around afield by a motor....well they never used to anyway..now on the other if you are out on foot for 6/7hr's getting 50/60/70 and so on bunnie's aswell as missing load's more and the other odd bit's and bob's you will hopefully understand that the dog is running vertualy all night long with only a short break for a cuppa and a sarnie..now if that's easy and it don't get the dog to peak fitness fook know's what will..

Suddenly we live in the land of everyone catching 50/60/70 rabbits a night, with half a dozen charlie, and half a dozen deer thrown in. . . . .

. . . . . . I'm surprised we have any game left in the U.K.

• Like 2

FFS you boys can talk some fair shit ... Obviously if one of the dogs is only out once a week and the other is out three times then its a no brainier BUT if both dogs have the same fitness routine rough the week then the dog that is walked all night lamping must have the advantage over the dog that's driven its common sense .......

your the only one who talks shit trooper :laugh::laugh:

I can track way more than 4 deer or foxes a night here easily as anybody that has been out with me will tell you ......

sas trained ?

thats a bit of a bold statement if you walk your dog your lucky to see 6or 8 foxes or 4 to 8 deer f--k me walk a couple miles from my house and you will see that in a morning lol

• Like 1

Most foxes don't take much catching and neither do deer on the lamp especialy after they have half of there energy sapped by being chased around afield by a motor....well they never used to anyway..now on the other if you are out on foot for 6/7hr's getting 50/60/70 and so on bunnie's aswell as missing load's more and the other odd bit's and bob's you will hopefully understand that the dog is running vertualy all night long with only a short break for a cuppa and a sarnie..now if that's easy and it don't get the dog to peak fitness fook know's what will..

Not at all but if your going to make a statement that I don't know what I am talking about at least back it up with facts ......

One certain fact is a fit dog is a fit dog would you agree with that?

If a dog runs enough gear it is going to get fit regardless of it being walked and slipped or it being slipped from a motor :yes:

Saying a dog is fitter by being walked and slipped is just plain ludicrous :blink: