Driving Fields

Its like anything else, there are good and bad ways of doing it.

You couldnt drive a lot of the land we lamp, others, I can see how walking would be ball breaking and frustrating.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph   not very sporting is it if th

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they ha

not with dog, gun or a 4x4.. maybe a field or two across from were i am ment to be (longnet)....   i know farmers that would trench the field if people started on there with 4x4.. i have already bee

You think a dog lays down and goes to sleep between runs from the motor?? he/she is up on their toes from start of the night to the end. Another thing...no one in their right mind is gunna sling a dog from the motor at 30 mph. motor should be stopped till the dog is out . By which time the quarry has a head start of a slip from foot..Very rarely did we ever get a slip of less than 70/80 yards..by then the fox was running flat out aswell..Doubt most mouthing off on here have ever experienced a proper hard nights lamping from the motor on quarry that bites back. :thumbs:

Here here !!!!

• Like 1

ALL THE BIC BAGS WHAT IVE DONE , AND OTHERS ON HERE, WERE THE TON AND MORE HAS BIN TOOK, ON FOOT WITH 1 DOG OR 2,,, WHY DO YOU NOT HERE ABOUT THE 100 PLUS BEING DONE IN A MOTOR,,,I LIKE TO COME HOME NACKED, I FEEL THAT HIT KEEPS ME FIT, AND TICKING OVER,, AND MORE SO I FEEL PART OF THE NIGHT,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 4

socks have you been to elevenerife by any chance?? :whistling:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Hit the nail on head .I think sometimes you can try a bit to hard :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by DEERMAN

Walking and driving have their pros and cons . I like a walk for all the reasons mentioned and I do think personally its better for starting dogs off , but for putting game in front of a dog you cant equal driving ,plus you can see what really the dog is doing as your a lot closer to him ,i.e. weather he is trying to catch the deer /fox or just pushing it ,as sometimes on foot you be pushed to see with distance their at .

• Like 1

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they have good dogs ... Take the vehicle away from them and will make them and their dogs looks very average ... If you want to hunt then get out of the truck and learn some field craft by walking the ground ..... tell the dogs that when their on their 4th buck or 5th fox that you would e pushed to put in front of them walking :laugh:

Tell the dogs that when their on their 5/6th fox or 4th buck that you wouldn't put in front of them walking , I like a walk but to say driving is no way hunting is a wee bit silly

I can put that and more in front of my dog walking .......

You may put 5 bucks in front of your dogs but you wont catch 5 and sort them out on foot unless you pretend you've been in the SAS :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

at least this thread shows us the over weight users who want to drive every where ..........................just aswell give the dogs up and buy a rifle........ :whistling:

I think that's why im getting away from walking more these days mate :thumbs::laugh::laugh: :laugh:

Personaly i would say a dog is more taxed on foot as it has to make more distance up rather than being flung out of a car window on something that has been chased around the field to tire it out..and while the the dog is on foot it has to cover in the region of 30mile or more on a good night's lamping...where a dog that has been driven around will have to run and walk less than half that distance in a night..and above all that you will keep yourself half fit in the process of going it on foot..

Well said millet :victory:

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they have good dogs ... Take the vehicle away from them and will make them and their dogs looks very average ... If you want to hunt then get out of the truck and learn some field craft by walking the ground ......

Well said, the lads who walk have the best and most tested dogs :victory:

That's the most load of bollox av ever heard FACT

Have you seen the helicopter video footage of lads from your area? here it is :victory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgEvJKZT1E

hope they get butt raped in jail...arseholes :censored::censored::censored: :censored: :censored:

ALL THE BIC BAGS WHAT IVE DONE , AND OTHERS ON HERE, WERE THE TON AND MORE HAS BIN TOOK, ON FOOT WITH 1 DOG OR 2,,, WHY DO YOU NOT HERE ABOUT THE 100 PLUS BEING DONE IN A MOTOR,,,I LIKE TO COME HOME NACKED, I FEEL THAT HIT KEEPS ME FIT, AND TICKING OVER,, AND MORE SO I FEEL PART OF THE NIGHT,

do you mean come home tired or with no clothes on :icon_eek:

What about those who drive but run the dogs next to the motor when they drive the fields?,i know a few who do this rather than bail the dogs out the window and these dogs are the fittest dogs i've ever seen as it goes. :yes: and Jim your pal mark does it how i say and he has hit the magic number before but it's down to if your ment to be there with land driving realy and if your not then big numbers won't be caught as the whole reason for driving it in the first place is quick hit and go anyway.

• Like 1

If you haven't got the game to put In front of your dog then travel fella you will be surprised what you see ... There isn't a lot of game in Wales so I suppose you would get a wee bit excited at seeing a few deer .......

I love driving the fields but I have trouble getting in them though........ :D

ke%20reliant%20250213%20pa1_v_Variation_

:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh: your nearly there

I need some town and country tyres on I think though mate........ :D I've just upgraded now and gonna put in for my FAC !!

article-2156474-1381C90E000005DC-298_634

• Like 1