What's The Most Digs In One Season

Right lad as the title says what's the most digs you got in one season and what's the most you had with one dog. I only had around the 60 mark last year but I had a lot of young dogs so i was happy with that but hopefully double that this year.

Edited by shaneg
  • Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats good going-i get out 2-3 times a week in the season with my own dogs-and not always game at home-dug 1 of my pups 12 times-he needed the rest-tad on the hard side and i bought a patt bitch end

Have had 8 digs in a day none were testing or over 4 foot . Dug 5 in stop ends twice either was these testing digs. (Preban) id rather have one testing dig to educated quarry in a good earth where dog

That's good going. I think it all depends on how much good permission you have, added with how many decent dogs you have around you that get the dig numbers up throughout a season. I've heard of some

Posted Images

That's good going. I think it all depends on how much good permission you have, added with how many decent dogs you have around you that get the dig numbers up throughout a season. I've heard of some lads that dig 200+ head of game a season. Unbelievable numbers to an average terrierlad, but if you're a professional terrierman, in the the right counties with a decent yard of dogs then the world's your oyster! :yes:

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
  • Like 4

when i had my hounds i had 42 digs in 5 month not with my terrier i must add and over 100 mink moved with the hounds and taken with the terriers or the hounds themselves :D

other than that around 2 a month for the rest of the year

My pals bitch we dig to had over 60 digs accounting for bout 80 odd quarry last season, her 1st season too might add not saying she's proven as she still verry young but the only dog I used last season that was out nearly every time we went and was dug once or twice a day, she's a Roberts bred bitch nice clever thing. I dug my pat bull bout 40 odd times he not so clever, my lakey 30 odd, my red dog 30 odd sadly no longer with us, my choc pat 20 odd he knocking on now not in the best health to be out every week but does his job still. And few my others dogs and friends dogs had dogs we had easy over 200 digs all over Britain 4 the protection of game birds I'd like to state. My only regret is all the new permission isn't what it was last season so I no we won't account for half of that this season

• Like 1

My pals bitch we dig to had over 60 digs accounting for bout 80 odd quarry last season, her 1st season too might add not saying she's proven as she still verry young but the only dog I used last season that was out nearly every time we went and was dug once or twice a day, she's a Roberts bred bitch nice clever thing. I dug my pat bull bout 40 odd times he not so clever, my lakey 30 odd, my red dog 30 odd sadly no longer with us, my choc pat 20 odd he knocking on now not in the best health to be out every week but does his job still. And few my others dogs and friends dogs had dogs we had easy over 200 digs all over Britain 4 the protection of game birds I'd like to state. My only regret is all the new permission isn't what it was last season so I no we won't account for half of that this season

thats good going-i get out 2-3 times a week in the season with my own dogs-and not always game at home-dug 1 of my pups 12 times-he needed the rest-tad on the hard side ;) and i bought a patt bitch end of nov and dug her everyday for 10 days-had some good digs to that bitch last season :yes: -you must have some ground with some foxes on it-we tend to take it in turns so that every dog has a go-always young dogs first-they get time to find-if not use 1 of the old trustees-didnt start until mid oct and last dig was 28th feb-3 lots of young in same day :bad: i have had 2 call outs since-only got 2 dogs for next season so fingers crossed the pup steps up cause he be first choice-the bitch could be dug everyday if the game was infront of her ;) but they not machines so will be rested :thumbs:post-71454-0-85334300-1374066403_thumb.jpgyoung dog barney-post-71454-0-29419800-1374066463_thumb.jpgbitch-Tiny ;)

• Like 6

That is good going. :yes:

Not sure of the best season. I don't record keep. But my buddy counted 72 coon for one dog in a season above and below and that's not counting nutria or possums. Best day for one dog is my mafia dog. I think it was 8 digs and 11 nutria taken. 3 dog day got 9 nutria and 3 coon. Once hit a jackpot where I put down a terrier in a container with 14 coon. We thought there was only one in there. I think I was 14 years old at the time.