Best Chippy In Britain?

cant get a decent one up here.i just buy a cod fillet and that ruskiline .oven chips bobs your uncle lol ionly buy fish and chips from a chippie when in england.alwats get a decent bit of cod down there.

Anymore of these unpatriotic views and you'll be walking down tae this fishing comp!!!... Lol

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the one in brixham harbour, not sure of the name, but its opposite the kiosks that sell the fishing trips. the fish is massive, batter light and you cant get any fresher fish.

There some nice food and nice love monks haven have to try somethings cooken when I am next down

San telmo in Dorchester Dorset.never had bad portion off them.

Portland Bill in the East End used to be a cracker but must admit we certainly dont lead the way in fish & chips......theres a lovely one ive been to round Camborne way in Cornwall big place right across the corner of a junction someone might know the name of it......or these another nice one smack bang in the middle of Brighton Pier called Palm Springs or something like that get a beautiful bit of cod there............i think i,ll write down a few that get suggested to try out on my travels cant beat a bit of cod and chips.

Dont know the names ,but opposite Leytonstone station its pretty good , Or as you drive in to Epping from london ,left hand side after Tescos very good as well.

Gnash, i'd disagree and say I much prefer chippies down your end than up here, the North West is piss poor for decent ones. I love it when mates of mine from SE London come up an go into our chippies and ask what fish it is.. Only to get a proper dumb arse look back from the staff because to them a fish is just a fish, white with batter on it, they ain't got a clue as to what it is... No different types like down your end and boy do I like that variety, love a bit of Rock me... :rolleyes:

The South West, as has been mentioned have some cracking chippies, so to do York's, with batter better than anywhere so, if i have to name one in this area, then The Swan in Southport is my fave... :yes:

Ardglass ;).......best I have ever tasted......and I have eaten at chippys from Scotland to Princetown and just about everywhere else in the GB

Edited by WILF

Here's another conundrum......at what point in the country do " fish suppers" & " mushy peas" begin ?......is it when you get past Watford or what ?

Edited by WILF

Had magpie fish and chips a few months ago and they were shit.overpriced shit at that

did you go inside or from the chippy bit? ive not been inside but heard its overpriced. Must be doing something right though, people still pay it. the prices in the chippy bit arent bad like. nice too. Used to be a better one over the other side of the river do you know on the abbey side? mr chips or something but thats overpriced now, portions are shocking. Places win a few awards and thats it, down the shitter.

Ardglass ;).......best I have ever tasted......and I have eaten at chippys from Scotland to Princetown and just about everywhere else in the GB

Have A Mate Who Lives In Ardglass . . Will Try That Next Time Im There ;)
  • Like 1

Dont know the names ,but opposite Leytonstone station its pretty good , Or as you drive in to Epping from london ,left hand side after Tescos very good as well.

The Leytonstone one im not too sure about but the one in Epping directly over the road to Tescos is Smiths.....old man Smith started in the game probably 100 years ago they,re on the grand sons maybe even gr grand sons now there used to be Smiths in Chingford,Walthamstow all over the place think they are down to 2 or 3 shops now.......not sure id rate them alongside some ive been to in coastal places but still decent :thumbs:

therewas an italian one in my town for years.the broadway.wee cafe come chippy. straight out of the 60s american theme. she was a dirty looking bitch,and her husband looked like lurch .they used to spit in the fat to see if it was hot enough.

Gnash, i'd disagree and say I much prefer chippies down your end than up here, the North West is piss poor for decent ones. I love it when mates of mine from SE London come up an go into our chippies and ask what fish it is.. Only to get a proper dumb arse look back from the staff because to them a fish is just a fish, white with batter on it, they ain't got a clue as to what it is... No different types like down your end and boy do I like that variety, love a bit of Rock me... :rolleyes:

The South West, as has been mentioned have some cracking chippies, so to do York's, with batter better than anywhere so, if i have to name one in this area, then The Swan in Southport is my fave... :yes:

I could never understand that Bosun...the first time i experienced that was in the midlands i was seeing a bird up there and the fish and chip van would come round :icon_eek: ......stood in the queue you,d hear " fish and chips please "...........................id think well what f****n fish rock cod plaice skate haddock what ???......You dont go into a pub and say " a pint of beer please "...........strange lot !.........................and as for batter on your chips :blink: what the f**k is that all about !!