If your feeding dry childless working crunch is a good food I would still always mix with mince etc though

I wouldn't feed beet pulp to my dogs - bet you wouldn't either if you knew it was in Chudley's Working Crunch.....really is worth having a look at this website....

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1983&cat=6

I never said I fed it, I said if your feeding it I would add the goodness of mince and to be honest its a good dry food for the money . You would feed it if you were a young skint keeper and it was what you got as a perk for your dogs, I did, and the dogs looked very well on it.

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i knew of a pack of hounds that hunted on it for a season or two......and they werent found wanting.some say its shit, some say its good enough................... try a bag and see.

Cheap crap.

Shit

If your feeding dry childless working crunch is a good food I would still always mix with mince etc though

I wouldn't feed beet pulp to my dogs - bet you wouldn't either if you knew it was in Chudley's Working Crunch.....really is worth having a look at this website....

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1983&cat=6

I never said I fed it, I said if your feeding it I would add the goodness of mince and to be honest its a good dry food for the money . You would feed it if you were a young skint keeper and it was what you got as a perk for your dogs, I did, and the dogs looked very well on it.

And where did I say you were feeding it....??? Eh.....nowhere.... :thumbs:

All I'm saying is I wouldn't feed beet pulp and I bet you wouldn't if you knew it was in there. So, I was wrong there you'd be happy to feed it 'cause it's good food for the money...everyone's happy then....... :thumbs:

No probs - just saying I wouldn't use it...and providing evidence as to why I wouldn't..... :D As far as I am concerned dry complete dog food is is a minefield of the good, the bad and the ugly...sadly many more bad and ugly that there is good ones....

You says I bet you wouldn't either. To be honest mate when I fed it to my dogs they looked well, they were getting regular work and they were gleaming. Dr johns is absalute shite and iv seen dogs that have been fed on it but chudleys my dogs held their weight well were in good nick and muscled well so it must have had something worth feeding, iv heard it makes a lot of shovels full of shit in the kennel but when a dogs walked regularly its not noticeable so iv never noticed that side of it. We would be living on meat and water if we red what was in everything we eat or drink. I know there is really shit dry dog food about and there is also expensive dry foods like science plan etc which are a rediculous price and for 15£ for 15 kilo chudleys is a fair enough price going by the way my dogs looked on it

You says I bet you wouldn't either. To be honest mate when I fed it to my dogs they looked well, they were getting regular work and they were gleaming. Dr johns is absalute shite and iv seen dogs that have been fed on it but chudleys my dogs held their weight well were in good nick and muscled well so it must have had something worth feeding, iv heard it makes a lot of shovels full of shit in the kennel but when a dogs walked regularly its not noticeable so iv never noticed that side of it. We would be living on meat and water if we red what was in everything we eat or drink. I know there is really shit dry dog food about and there is also expensive dry foods like science plan etc which are a rediculous price and for 15£ for 15 kilo chudleys is a fair enough price going by the way my dogs looked on it

Okay pal fair comment....you're right enough if your dogs looked well on it that's great I was only pointing out the facts.

I know folk whose dogs are fed on Dr John's and they look good on it too...

That review is worth a look though the expensive Hill's science diet is also filed with shit dogs shouldn't eat - and in vets' waiting rooms up and down the country it's on sale...good business sense that eh...????

Science diet.....just more undoggy dog food... :thumbs:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=126&cat=7

Thing is mate pet owners and the kennel club brigade believe the biggest lot of shit and if you put dr johns in another bag with different colours and put a big word on the front they would pay 50 quid a bag for it, I get cooked or raw beef mince at 70p a kilo that works out cheaper than a bag of chudleys or sheep/beef offalso its a no brainer but not every dog owner has the sense to feed this way you'll know yourself if you feed meat its a bit of work especially when veg pasta etc etc is added and some people just can't be bothered with it and would rather take a scoop of dry and crack open a tin of butchers

Iv heard the only dr johns worth feeding is the platinum but its near the same price as chudleys so just because I fed it I would always go for the chudleys, as long as the dogs are fed that's the main thing

• Like 1

I use Dr Johns Bronze (18% protein) but only as a mixer - my next door neighbour has a poultry farm

so mine get turkey for their protein :thumbs:

It costs me 8 quid a bag and bisquit is 14 so thats why I use it. Dogs shit OK - all the same (2 terriers, 2 lurchers)

and never had problems.

The problems arise when you use cheap shite as their main diet :yes:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Used it for 20 yrs and never had a problem with it. My old lurcher was in great shape on it, and my spaniels were on it all there life, and that was working dogs as well, Platinum in the winter.

I`ve had to change now, and wouldn`t go back because my dogs are better on the stuff I`m feeding now, but I know plenty that use it with no problems.

dogs will live on it and do well enough i suppose but why not do a bit of homework and feed a raw diet? ya dogs will enjoy it more and its definitely better than that shxt mass produced stuff. if you only have one or two dogs its the way to go imo.

I uqvnt bought any was just a question? Thanks for input. Do most feed raw or hve you got a good dry food on the go

I feed the following ratio 80% raw 20% totally grain free complete/past/veg/bread

I use the Taste of the Wild complete...check the link below...good stuff... :thumbs:

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/products/

I uqvnt bought any was just a question? Thanks for input. Do most feed raw or hve you got a good dry food on the go

I feed the following ratio 80% raw 20% totally grain free complete/past/veg/bread

I use the Taste of the Wild complete...check the link below...good stuff... :thumbs:

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/products/

If your feeding grain free complete why feed pasta or bread, both of which have grains

In the form of wheet and also have preservatives added, why not just stick to the complete and the raw, as they will give your dogs everything they need without adding fillers.

• Like 1